Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubisblack View Post
    Am I the only one who was absolutely outraged at the guy talking back to the raid leader? I felt like screaming at him myself and I thought Rigg (or w/e his name is) was completely in the right.
    You are not the only one =p Personally I think anyone who do anything wrong (whether it's work, computer game, sport or anything) and try to find excuses / talk back to the one with higher level of achievement / progression need to be talked down so they won't do that again.

When I started playing WoW, my first raid leader told me that (my guild back then was an Asian guild) in Foreigners' guilds (as in English speaking ones), every raiders
    - Follow their raid leader(s)'s commands like how they follow their parents'.
    - Immediately apologize when something related to them went wrong, even if what they did wasn't wrong at first place. Explain later

I was very impressed at WoW (in general) and the "foreigner's guilds"'s level of discipline / organization. That illusion, sadly, was destroyed a long time ago, but I guess that's why I didn't really have a bad impression at any raid leader yelling at his raid, as long as what they said make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Nevermind a father, I'd hate to have a son like him. Basement dwelling repressed sore loser... Jesus Christ what a nightmare.
    Yet unlike you he is someone getting paid to play this game in one of the best guilds in the world.

Jelaous much?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Yet unlike you he is someone getting paid to play this game in one of the best guilds in the world.

Jelaous much?
    honestly, there are many many many more things to be jealous of than that...

This video is, I believe, from when Rigg was asked to step in and help his friends in another Illidan guild, Hordehound Gang, continue to progress and finish the content. Obviously if he's raid leading for another guild in his spare time, they know what they're getting into. Like the yelling or not, they took off when he began to raid with them, and were blowing through content pretty quickly. I believe he has it all on his twitch stream if you go back to history.

With that said, the guy is a leader for a competitive progression guild. Everyone there is in it to try to be the best in the world. At that level, it's more or less a sport. Things get heated and people yell. If you fuck up, you get called on it and move on. Sometimes it turns into a shouting match, and then pretty soon thereafter, they're back to business. He's raid leading them for a reason, and when there are at least 24 other people counting on him to be the ass and sometimes get loud over it, as long as it gets things done. If you think coaches, te captains, and other leaders in any kind of competition don't do this, you're kidding yourself or oblivious.

A bit ago there was a warrior who recently retired from raiding with BL, Sinnermighty, who answered a question on the boards and he said raiding with BL is the most fun he's ever had. Most of them rave about what they do together. These sort of things that everyone analyzes and complains about Rig on are small blips on raiding. It happens, everyone recomposes themselves and carries on. It's really not a huge thing.

Deleted
    But he Could more Chilled :P there are many more vids around with RLeading rage and stuff but just look at Methods Lei Shen Kill, they are laughing and having a blast xD

(im not saying they dont)

15+ Year Old Account
    At this level of raiding u need perform 110% all the time, small mistakes like this can cost u a World First
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I'm sorry but if anyone talked to me like that over a game, I'd tell them to go jump off a cliff. "That level" or not, a game is a game, and he has no business talking like that to another human being. I don't care if he was in the military or whatever (so I've heard), a game is not the army and quite frankly, he should be ashamed of himself for that kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    honestly, there are many many many more things to be jealous of than that...
    So because someone is jealous of Bill Gates' success, they can't be jealous of anyone else?
    That's like saying you can't complain that your steak from a restaurant is too overdone because some people don't have food tonight.

Jelaous much?
    there are also many much better and more satisfying ways to get paid in much better way then what those guys are earning -_- and those ways can be much more fullfilling and dont require u to act like a retarded monkey

10+ Year Old Account
    I applaud him here. Rigg is definitely being kinda dickish about it, but he IS the raid leader of Blood Legion and that priest was being trash. If the priest paid attention and listened to the raid leader the first time it wouldn't have escalated like that. All there is to it. It would be a different matter if the priest was being polite and was performing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    For anyone who is still confused, Penance and Holy Fire/Solace should be cast on CD. With my curent gear, Penance heals for over 200k in less then 2 seconds, while Holy Fire/Solace is about 130k for an instant cast. They are also both smart heals, so they always go to the lowest health target. They both build stacks for Archangel. Include Divine Aegis for crits, and it's a no brainer that casting them on CD is beneficial to your healing.

Smite is a bit different in that it has a cast time and heals for a lot less. That being said, if the damage is sporadic and isn't predictable, Smite can be your best option sometimes.

Don't forget all the damage the Disc is doing during that time, which is invaluable for a 10 man.

The only thing that Priest was doing wrong, without having seen the actual fight or logs, is that he was using Atonement on a boss with 75% damage reduction, which made his Atonement heal for shit all.
    Pretty much sums everything up, especially the last sentence. Casual group? The guy probably didn't know the raid encounter.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-20 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    So because someone is jealous of Bill Gates' success, they can't be jealous of anyone else?
    That's like saying you can't complain that your steak from a restaurant is too overdone because some people don't have food tonight.
    when did I say someone can or can not do anything? I just said there are better things to be jealous of, and there clearly are. Doesn't have to be as great as Bill Gates' success, it doesn't have to be the extremes of a spectrum, there are stuff in between you know?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    There's a difference between Hardcore player and World First player. When you're part of a group that finished something before anyone else in the country or on the planet, it matters. Doesn't matter what it is. It shows you know teamwork and is worth bringing up in a resume for a position requiring leadership or team skills.
    Can you say you're better at everyone else in the world, or even in your own country, at anything? Doubtful.
    "Yeah, I'm a career gamer. You can see my hardcore gaming lifestyle was well worth it, and you'll find me on the 4th page of wowprogress.com. A real accomplishment. People all over the world know I'm better than everyone after that precious fourth page." said no one ever.
    Nope. Go tell that to anyone that doesn't play WoW and most of the people who do. See if they think it's worth anything. No sane rational person is going to sit there and take a dozen mouthfuls of abuse from someone in a video game. Especially when he's not even part of that guild. Plain and simply put it's not worth it. Do you really think his hardcore gaming lifestyle where his sponsors give him free peripherals for his massive time investment is worth it? What is he getting out of it really? When he's done playing WoW, what does he have to show for it? What did he gain from it? And more importantly, what did he lose? What does he do for a living? What job skills does he have? Where is he going to be when he's done with WoW? As someone that's been a hardcore (and I mean hardcore) raider, and then grew up, I just can't see how it's worth it, but even more so I really can't see how it would ever be worth enduring that abuse over a video game.

Deleted

Jelaous much?
    I have a job thank you. I play the games I play for *wait for it* FUN!!

This makes me want to root for them even more. And I'm being serious.

Deleted
    Lol whoever sits by and let himself/herself get insulted by a guy like this is crazy. I wonder why 24 others follow him for World first, guess their attidutes are horrible too. I'm glad this isn't my favourite guild.

But it's so hilarious XDDDDDD
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2013-09-20 at 12:14 AM.

That's fine. Some people play deck hockey for fun. Some people play pool for fun. And some people *wait for it* PLAY TO COMPETE! Omg I know it's a hard concept to think that not everyone does things the way you do. But it is true.

Deleted
    And thats good for you.

Jeez, some people here are really narrowminded.

Deleted
    somehow they are at the top list
    but 16h of straight raiding hmm thats just sick

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    At this level of raiding u need perform 110% all the time, small mistakes like this can cost u a World First
    You'd be surprised how many people in high-ranking guilds are carries and bench warmers.

It's not uncommon for a world- or server-first to suddenly happen when one or two people are finally tossed out of a raid.