Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    lol no you can not. Games rarely last 15mins and the team getting the TCCY buff deserved winning more that the other.
    No they don't. You should not only get someone low then decided they got them low enough so they just turtle. There is a reason wsg has a counter protection against that. Maybe something else that could be changed is that it does not count health until the last 2 minutes then people can not just turtle.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

At first I was pretty against the buff. But now having played this week I really have no problem with it. The only games that reach 15 minutes are Healer/DPS vs. healer/DPS 2v2 games, or turtle 3v3 comps. Even then it isn't every game, maybe like 25%. And that will probably change once people get full Grievous. The buff is kind of necessary in 2v2 though, because you could definitely have games where you play Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS, kill the enemy DPS and then are unable to ever kill the healer. The fact that he could just run around forever was really stupid, at least now he's just going to leave cause he'll lose after 15 minutes anyway.

The problem I've always had with the draw system is that both teams lose. If it's a 25/45 minute draw both teams lose 16 points, and that shouldn't be the case. It's actually better to purposely lose then it is to draw a lot of the time, since a loss is usually like 5-10 points and a draw is 16. It's really dumb, and I'm glad they removed that from happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    At first I was pretty against the buff. But now having played this week I really have no problem with it. The only games that reach 15 minutes are Healer/DPS vs. healer/DPS 2v2 games, or turtle 3v3 comps. Even then it isn't every game, maybe like 25%. And that will probably change once people get full Grievous. The buff is kind of necessary in 2v2 though, because you could definitely have games where you play Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS, kill the enemy DPS and then are unable to ever kill the healer. The fact that he could just run around forever was really stupid, at least now he's just going to leave cause he'll lose after 15 minutes anyway.

The problem I've always had with the draw system is that both teams lose. If it's a 25/45 minute draw both teams lose 16 points, and that shouldn't be the case. It's actually better to purposely lose then it is to draw a lot of the time, since a loss is usually like 5-10 points and a draw is 16. It's really dumb, and I'm glad they removed that from happening.
    I think if a team is unable to kill all the players they do to deserve to win. You should not have to rely on a buff to win.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I think if a team is unable to kill all the players they do to deserve to win. You should not have to rely on a buff to win.
    And I think that if a healer is literally unkillable by 1 DPS but their partner dies then that healer doesn't deserve it to be a draw. You should not be allowed to run in circles for 20+ minutes just to make the game a draw. And before people comment saying "Well if you killed his partner why can't you kill him!?" well, totally different. Can't CC him while you kill him as most CCs break on damage. Something like Hunter/Disc could easily kill a DPS by CCing the healer with Fear -> Scatter -> Trap, but when attacking the healer they have hardly any CC, and healers don't die to 1 DPS.

Draws were always the dumbest part of arenas for the reasons I already mentioned, I'm glad they're gone. This system isn't 100% perfect, but it's probably the best that they could do really. I'd much prefer the buff then multiple 25 minute draws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    You do realize you would've got the buff instead of them if you would've taken them seriously from the start and popped CDs when they did so you would not have let your warr drop below 70%? Do you even know how that sounds? " I rolled with a warr as hpala vs 2 tank druids and got outdpsed." 2 tanks...outdpsing a healer team. Daaaaamn.

All I hear about this buff is people whining that some teams melt their faces because they took the buff seriously and you didn't, because I doubt you people found about the buff only AFTER you got owned by it.
    You do realize, the buff is not about dps? Do you? Its about pure life, no percantage, no dps, no dmg. The Team, that remains the most raw life, gets the buff.

This is not about under estimating a certain funny comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayand View Post
    I very much like this new system, 100% more logical than wasting 25 minutes and then both teams get minus points. Though it is true, that this makes turtling a lot more desirable after a certain amount of time, given that you are on the winning side.

I have some bad experience too, to be honest. We (resto shaman and arms warrior) managed to encounter a double blood DK setup, which was absolutely ridiculous. 4 death grip's, 2 blanket silences, 2 interrupts, 2 stuns, free aoe heals (blood worms), unpenetrable blood shields, the warrior on my team couldn't even scratch them.

In the opening we instantly got bursted/cced down to like 40% health, whereas none of their health bar went below 80% during the course of a 7 minute long game. At that point I just quitted the hell out of that bullshit (as of course the smart crowd would have chosen them). To my mind, this is very much on the line of abuse/clever use of game mechanics. Perhaps they can be beaten after all, Though I REALLY doubt that any setup could prove deadly to two blood dks, given the amount of CC and damage they can pull off even without vengeance, so blizz ought to do something about this. The exclusion of two tank specced players would be a start.
    so you think u should win when u cant even take ur opponent under 100% hp? because thats logical right??

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    So, the other day we played 2s (Warri/HPally) and it was quite fun, until we faced double dps. Double dps maybe sounds easy to beat, but this double "dps" were 2 Guardian Druids (!). So instead of facing 1 raidboss, we faced know 2 raidbosses.

That wouldnt be a problem, if blizzard designed "The crowd chooses you" around HP percentage left. BUT, blizzard designed it, to choose you among the crowd by how many HP you got left (raw numbers, not percantage).

So these two Guardian Druids, once popped they cooldowns and got my warrior down to ~60% percent, not that a problem. The big issue was, after that, those two guardian druids did nothing but, turtling around for the rest of the game. We got both of them, a few times down to ~40% (mortal strike is critting for a rough 14k on them...).

So in the end normal pvp players got around 400k, guardian druids 700k, and they got the "the crowd chooses you" buff and simply won, by running around. nice!

Well, THATS a FINE design.
    Why didn't you just bop during their CDs?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

This is an interesting, yet extremely poorly implemented idea. The Crowd Chooses You needs to change in some form or be removed until they can implement it without changing arena playstyles and making turtle comps viable.

This is getting to be a major problem in 2s with more and more people experiencing the stupidity of the mechanic and is slowly creeping into 3's as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Why didn't you just bop during their CDs?
    wasnt really neccessary, i dont popp any Major cds, when i know, he will easilx life through it. The thing is, you lose a gamr, because your mate dropped ONCE to 60 %, while the enemy team was several times in 30 to 40 percent. In addition we were under the Impression, that blizz implemented the crowd buff at least a bit balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was doing 2s once again yesterday with a 2100 warr playing awarrior/mw monk. We outplayed the living shit out of the first 2-3 DPS/healers we met. Stopping healer CC, faking interrupts and shit and we still lost due to the buff.

Fun game knowing you outplayed your opponents and still lose.

Deleted
    They should remove the part where the team who gets the other team lowest wins and ONLY activate the buff when 1 player is left in either team.

Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    Is it staying or are they going to listen to the top pvpers in the game and remove it?
    The ability to stay alive as a healer or anyone for 15 minutes is a skill , if no one kills each other after 15 minutes , NO one deserves to win ? i dont see how hard of a concept that is to understand? Is there actually anyone who likes addition to the game?
    Teams that just force turtles and play overly defensive dont deserve to make you lose points for a tie. The buff is stupid thou imo.
    It should be: team with the most members wins. Ties dont gain or lose anyone points. Game ties at 20 minutes

Ive had so many games in 2s where a team just gets 1 decent burst off and then turtles their ass off if not just flat out runs for upwards of 10 minutes till they get the buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    They should remove the part where the team who gets the other team lowest wins and ONLY activate the buff when 1 player is left in either team.

Fixed!
    Yes. This I could see working. Basically just about anything could be better than the current implementation of this idea.

The implementation may not be all that great, but the idea is solid. You don't deserve a draw just because someone can stay alive long enough. That just encourages overly defensive setups that always either win or draw.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    The implementation may not be all that great, but the idea is solid. You don't deserve a draw just because someone can stay alive long enough. That just encourages overly defensive setups that always either win or draw.
    Thats why my version of the buff would fix the problems. The buff goes to the team with the most players. Nothing else!

I don't like the idea popping defensive cooldowns that would not have killed me, in order to prevent my health dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    wasnt really neccessary, i dont popp any Major cds, when i know, he will easilx life through it. The thing is, you lose a gamr, because your mate dropped ONCE to 60 %, while the enemy team was several times in 30 to 40 percent. In addition we were under the Impression, that blizz implemented the crowd buff at least a bit balanced.
    Well you know that getting to low health is the same as losing, why let him get to low health?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this obtuse implementation bases on what in order to grant the buff exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    lol no you can not. Games rarely last 15mins and the team getting the TCCY buff deserved winning more that the other.
    You dismiss his wild and unverified claim, then make your own wild and unverified claim. Good show.

The game is better with it then without it.