This game is going down in history as another MMO failure.

The fact that this game lacks the immersion of Star Wars Galaxies, an ancient game by modern standards, speaks volumes about how lackluster ToR is.

Deleted
    I thought it already did >_>

That ship sailed a while ago, quite honestly. lol.

Deleted
    The game already has the greatest loss in MMO history. The game already is the greatest failure in history.

I really liked it at launch, it was quite exciting and cool. But the lack of content, the fact that it was very single player for an mmo, the imbalance of pvp and the blatant bugs from beta that were overlooked and ruined the economy at launch just killed it. It was too much to bounce back from when polished games like WoW exist.

Deleted
    Um, didn't that already happen?

Six of you took the time to come here and comment about much of a "failure" SWTOR is. Do you understand the irony here? People didn't have to make a point that Warhammer Online was dead. No one was talking about it, except whenever it came up as a cautionary tale, because it was dead. Meanwhile, my server still has a ton of people playing and having fun in-game. While many of the criticisms about SWTOR are extremely valid, it's still making BW/EA money and it's still getting new content. It has a pretty big player base, compared to nearly every other MMO out there (aside from WoW or Eve, of course).

If it's dead, or failed, why in the world would you waste your time with having to point it out?
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

10+ Year Old Account
    where the hell have you been hiding?

The only people who think this are the ones who started playing MMOs during cata. Anyone before that has perspective like warhammer, tabularasa, and age of conan.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Six of you took the time to come here and comment about much of a "failure" SWTOR is. Do you understand the irony here? People didn't have to make a point that Warhammer Online was dead. No one was talking about it, except whenever it came up as a cautionary tale, because it was dead. Meanwhile, my server still has a ton of people playing and having fun in-game. While many of the criticisms about SWTOR are extremely valid, it's still making BW/EA money and it's still getting new content. It has a pretty big player base, compared to nearly every other MMO out there (aside from WoW or Eve, of course).

If it's dead, or failed, why in the world would you waste your time with having to point it out?
    So your whole point hinges on "if it's dead you shouldn't have to point it out"? Right.

Also I'd like to see some real numbers that show it's making any money still. I mean, I'm sure it's making some money, but show me numbers that prove it's making enough money.

well at least financially I doubt its a failure, they had a great start and after the loss they apparently doubled their income with F2P. I think financially it will be a success if it isnt already one.

and for the game itself, I always thought it was a decent to good MMO, it had and has flaws, but many strenghts, discussing it wont make more sense than a year ago though. the haters dont seem to care so why should I.

on the other side I always understood people leaving SWTOR, even after the first weeks. after all, why should you play any MMO if you can play the best one (which is still WoW in my opinion), but that doesnt change the fact that SWTOR was never a bad MMO, or a single player game, or didnt have any endgame content. I admit that i stick around for the star wars bonus and leveling is more fun than in any other MMO. if it wasnt for these two, I would have been out after 3 months and I can understand anyone who did.
    Last edited by moff; 2013-09-25 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    The only people who think this are the ones who started playing MMOs during cata. Anyone before that has perspective like warhammer, tabularasa, and age of conan.
    No it's because swtor had the biggest budget
    like fucking 200 million dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    Shutting this down its un-constructive nature won't end well.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-09-25 at 11:48 AM.