Deleted

Exclamation Please help... Video card problem

Hello.. Please help!

Today I bought a MSI Video Card 1 GB DDR3 when I plugged it in my Computer it works fine. When I install drivers it says please restart your computer to make changes take effect. I press ''OK.'' When it says Windows Starting.. And the Windows 7 Logo is moving it stops moving and my PC freezes.. It only happends when I install my Graphic card drivers.. I have Win 7 Updates and Service Pack 1. And btw its VGA Driver but I run a DVI Acer monitor.. I don't know if that's the problem.

NOTE: I only have 280 WATT and I need 350 but that's not a problem because my old Video Card worked fine and needed more WATT then I actually have.....

Graphic Card Model: MSI 210 GeForce MD1GD3H/LP

Monitor: ACER DVI input.

PC specs: MSI 210 GeForce MD1GD3H/LP

GPU: MSI- 210 GeForce MD1GD3H/LP

RAM: 3 GB

Processor: Intel (R) Dual Core

PCI-Express

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the card you got?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127753

What was the old card you were using?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Yes that's the card. my old one was GeForce 7650 GS

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like the 7650, while old, still performs much better than the 210. That's neither here nor there though. Did you uninstall the old drivers first, and get the newest from Nvidia's website for the correct OS?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Correct OS yep. But I didn't Uninstall them and don't know how.. but I got a new Windows now so my old Drivers are removed I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... I'm a little confused. There's more to the story than expect. Can you list the process of what happened?

1) Reinstalled windows?
    2) Installed new card
    3) Installed drivers
    4) System wont boot up anymore?

Is it a new system? did you install windows over the old one? More info needed.

Deleted
    1) Installed new Card..
    2) Installed drivers
    3) Restarted because needed.
    4) Won't boot.
    5) Re-installed Windows.
    not new system only new Card.
    I installed over the old one but old Windows is in Windows.old file in C:\

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so since you reinstalled windows.. Have you gone to nvidia's website and downloaded the newest drivers?

Deleted
    Yes. I did ..

10+ Year Old Account
    And now you're running into the same issue of it not booting after installing the driver?

Deleted
    Sorry? I don't understand that one ;p do you mean I'm having the Issue only after I installed the driver?

If so, yes only when I install my GPU driver my PC doesn't boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant... Before, you installed the driver, no boot. Reinstalled windows. Now that you've reinstalled windows, you installed the drivers a second time, and it is no longer booting again? I'm assuming you're posting from another computer.

What driver are you downloading, exactly? Can you provide the link?

Deleted
    No I'm posting from the Computer with the Issue. But I did System Restore and didn't install my Drivers so it keeps working.. It only stops booting when I install the Drivers of my GPU. So my PC didn't boot I re-installed tried again didn't boot did System Restore then it boot without the GPU drivers.

- - - Updated - - -

Soo any fixes...?

- - - Updated - - -

Well first I used the auto-Driver searcher Live Update 5..

Deleted
    Try obtaining the manual update for your GPU: be careful, though. IT might be under Legacy drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PCisbroke748 View Post
    Well first I used the auto-Driver searcher Live Update 5..
    Can you link the actual driver you downloaded from nvidia's website?

Deleted

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Can you link the actual driver you downloaded from nvidia's website?
    Sorry? What?? I need help I just can't start my PC when the Drivers are installed that's it..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Try obtaining the manual update for your GPU: be careful, though. IT might be under Legacy drivers.
    Lol? There is no Legacy Drivers section in MSI.

Sorry? What?? I need help I just can't start my PC when the Drivers are installed that's it..

- - - Updated - - -

Lol? There is no Legacy Drivers section in MSI.
    New & Legacy Drivers found here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry? What?? I need help I just can't start my PC when the Drivers are installed that's it...
    Show me where you go to get the drivers. You don't have to install them, just show me where you're getting them from.