Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Go once to low lvl bg and see how it Looks like now that ppl know warrior is faceroll.

Did yesterday 2 bgs on lvl 50-60. In first BG (WSG) we had a total number of 9 and in 2nd BG (AB) we had again 9 warriors totally (ally+horde together).

Its just sad...

I wonder why i dont see any mages in the bgs (they are fucking strong too). Maybe all have already one.

When it Comes to other class representation from what ive seen so far hunters, rogues and dks seem popular too. Also shamans, but its a different story cause they have 3 specs.
    So according to you its only fine when rogues, hunters and priests dominate low level bg's for years and when another class does that for a couple of seasons is sad.
    Hmm, bias much?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Sorry I didn't fully flesh out my response to avoid the shallow minded responses. Let's try again.

In a game where spells can be channeled through LoS, shamans can kill you quicker than a bullet to the brain, hunters can mindlessy insant CC opponents to death, rogues can clip you for over half your hp in an opener (and then lolvanish and do it again), mages can kill you without ever casting a spell, and certain comps can quite literally CC someone infinitely in 3s (the supposed "balanced around" bracket) people are really too obtuse to understand that in order to balance warriors, many other classes/specs would need to be adjusted as well. You want warriors nerfed? Fine. But that isn't what most posters here appear to desire. Based on any suggested change, warriors would become trash, once again.

So my whole point with that comment is to attempt to get people to stop tunnel-visioning warriors and realize there are other issues that need adjusting as well if any nerfs come warriors way.

The only suggested changes that make some sort of sense is making disrupting shout and mass spell reflect replace pummel and spell reflect, respectively. Sadly, that change leaves us with even less choice than we have now.
    Coming from a guy who has played 95% of classes and has 10 90s, i wholely agree, i will admit im having the most fun i've had in ages on my warrior but i really think its nothing to do with them being overpowered, i think it is because they are pretty easy to play.

The majority of classes these days are capable or even better at producing insane damage(enchance shamans, mages, rets) to name but a few. The problems is to get that damage requires mostly for them not to be trained. Warriors atm can still maintain their burst output while remaining defensive some what with D stance, and since its passive ppl cry about it because it requires "no skill".

Now with that most ppl ignore the fact that the rage reduction is quite severe in Dstance, this was absolutley the whole reason behind the buff to core attacks for arms, ask any warrior if they now use heroic strike in pvp...........nope. Deep wounds is basically now the warrior version of seal of truth it was the only way to give arms the buff required to be competitive in PVE without buffing MS/SLAM/OP to insane lvls and actually if they were to be buffed it would have resulted in far more qq as at least DW ticks at a steady rate, if that damage was shifted into strikes you would see insane spikes of burst is a much shorter window, which would be unhealable.

Regardless of what ppl think, instead of crying on this thread about warrior damage in pvp, try to come up with a constructive post on how to let them be viable in pve because thats the whole reason they are doing so well in pvp.

I play mage and warlock above 2k, my warrior is 1500 and climbing because they are fun, i mean really fun, but trust me they are more than easy to control at high rating, you just have to know their mechanics. i have far harder a time melee wise against a great sub rogue or shammy played well, warriors excel with great team mates and they synergize really well with a lot of other classes, that is why they are well represented.

GJ to bliz for getting the warrior class design right for once in 5 expansions
    Last edited by villie; 2013-12-20 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    Coming from a guy who has played 95% of classes and has 10 90s, i wholely agree, i will admit im having the most fun i've had in ages on my warrior but i really think its nothing to do with them being overpowered, i think it is because they are pretty easy to play.

The majority of classes these days are capable or even better at producing insane damage(enchance shamans, mages, rets) to name but a few. The problems is to get that damage requires mostly for them not to be trained. Warriors atm can still maintain their burst output while remaining defensive some what with D stance, and since its passive ppl cry about it because it requires "no skill".

Now with that most ppl ignore the fact that the rage reduction is quite severe in Dstance, this was absolutley the whole reason behind the buff to core attacks for arms, ask any warrior if they now use heroic strike in pvp...........nope. Deep wounds is basically now the warrior version of seal of truth it was the only way to give arms the buff required to be competitive in PVE without buffing MS/SLAM/OP to insane lvls and actually if they were to be buffed it would have resulted in far more qq as at least DW ticks at a steady rate, if that damage was shifted into strikes you would see insane spikes of burst is a much shorter window, which would be unhealable.

Regardless of what ppl think, instead of crying on this thread about warrior damage in pvp, try to come up with a constructive post on how to let them be viable in pve because thats the whole reason they are doing so well in pvp.

I play mage and warlock above 2k, my warrior is 1500 and climbing because they are fun, i mean really fun, but trust me they are more than easy to control at high rating, you just have to know their mechanics. i have far harder a time melee wise against a great sub rogue or shammy played well, warriors excel with great team mates and they synergize really well with a lot of other classes, that is why they are well represented.

This is in essense what I have been saying aswell, skillcap is just off. Sure fun is nice, but what I like about mages, sps and warlocks is that you have so many ways of outsmarting your oponent and outsmarting them and ways of anticpating what they do. However some classes can do the same thing every time and you can do everything right and so can your teammates, but you will die in arena. Especially as an sp versus hunters, rogues, warriors you die plain and simple. I think to fully play a class you need to earn it, for instance the spellreflect maco that not every warr even used, stance dancing, using min range- max range timing. Warriors, Hunters and Rogues have all been tard proofed, to the point where you log on ptr and can "play" the class properly within an hour or 2.

The choice between attacks and resources and their cooldowns is just off for warriors, and they have little true depth. They are fun though......

Deleted
    No point reasoning here, the sheeps go where the herd is. This time to "nerf arms warriorzzz" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    No point reasoning here, the sheeps go where the herd is. This time to "nerf arms warriorzzz" thread.
    Hello Pot, meet kettle.

Nerf Rock but keep papir as it is...regards scissors. its kinda way i feel when i see people post all these nerfs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    The team who got 2nd place at Blizzcon did not have such an easy time controlling the Warrior of the #1Team, and it is save to say they "know their mechanics"
    Not sure if trolling??

I think its safe to say that you may have been watching another final, Skill Capped LSD were #1 actually with MIR's WMD being #2 and from watching it Soda and Talb did a pretty good job of controlling the other team, i mean its not like they wooped them 4-0 in the final................oh wait!!!

That being said, using the absolute best players in the world is not a very good gauge of the rest of the high rated gaming community, i mean i consider myself high rated and i play in the 2k-2.4k bracket on my mains but that is because that is the top 20% of rating on my battlegroup, they are next level shit and light years ahead than i'll ever be.

Also by your logic there should be a "Nerf Warlock, Elemental" threads but i dont see those, the fact is warriors are strong i never disagreed that, the point i was making is that they are an easy class to learn therefore popular atm due to also being powerful, but so are all classes when placed in the hands of a skilled player, the blizzcon final is a good example of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    i just did some 2s and ofc 50-70% of the teams we met had a warrior in it, but one thing rly bugged me and that was that a warrior did 300k+ dmg with a bladestorm on me through a pillar in nagrand arena... And after that 90k MS and execute..... skillfull class lol. Anyone else had same problem that they can hit u even if u los?
    Charges and stuff have been super buggy, so this is just another glitch that does not hurt warriors.

Deleted
    They are WAY too buffed. really

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's up to the people who get wrecked in every aspect of pvp by the most retarded spec ever (5.4 warriors) to make sure they are doing well in PVE? What kind of dumb logic is that? I frankly don't give a flying fuck if arms is top or bottom in pve, but I do care how they make me (and me people I play with) just not want to play because they are absolutely disgusting. Absolutely disgusting in 2s, in 3s, in 5s, in rated bgs and in random bgs. And yet you shamelessly tell people who are absolutely sick of warriors to fix them for pve ... this is absolutely beyond my understanding of common sense.

But hey, I'm happy to help out to nerf warriors in pvp in ways that won't affect pve as far as I can see:

- reduce deep wounds damage vs player targets with 50%
    - if a dps warrior is in defensive stance, nerf his dmg with 25%vs player targets (or in general)
    - if a warrior uses an ability that no longer requires a shield, but once used to (shield wall, reflect, ...), change the warrior stats as if he was using a shield (without the need to equip one), thus basically reducing their output
    - warriors can no longer use cc abilities during blade storm

So you play a warrior at 1500 rating, yet 2 lines down the road you talk as if you play high end arena on it (vs 'great rogues and shamans'). So what's the deal here? Are you making shit up for the sake of your point or was it a typo?

They can totally shut down a caster and healer.
    They can avoid lots of melee due to their cd's and mobility.
    They are one of the hardest kill targets due to defensive abilities (def stance, shield wall, die by the sword).
    They are immune to lots of /hard to cc.
    They have one of the best dots in the game.
    They have the best mobility in the game.
    They have near infinite uptime.
    They take the least skill/brains to play in the game to be successful.
    They are in my opinion the most OP spec I've seen in the game since I started playing.
    They kill the fun of everyone I play with (not really a good sample size).

Yet you again have no shame to make such a ridiculous and absolutely disgusting statement.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    They are one of the hardest kill targets due to defensive abilities (def stance, shield wall, die by the sword).
    They are in my opinion the most OP spec I've seen in the game since I started playing.

Yet you again have no shame to make such a ridiculous and absolutely disgusting statement.
    Your frustration and anger is tangible. Tho you need to tone it down a bit, because it takes away a lot from your arguments.

I have said this before, right now Warriors have Damage/Mobility/Control/Defenses, only thing missing is Healing (SW don't heal for crap). The 3 aspects are too much.

Before 5.4 Warriors lacked both Damage, and Defenses (that mostly due to clunky stupid mechanics). Warrior defenses really don't need to have any downsides to them, (not to mention it would nerf Warriors in PvE, which is not needed), neither does Defensive Stance. I don't know if you actually played a Warrior in PvP or not, but I doubt you have, considering some things you seem to have confused. Rage Generation in Defensive Stance is none existent. It's really that bad. Most of the Rage comes from getting hit and or from Charge/Shout. But this makes Warrior damage EXTREMELY predictable. Essentially you just need to keep an eye out for the Rage bar. If its 75+ and he has cooldowns available, burst will be incoming. Rage is much smoother in Battle Stance, but it is impossible to PvP in Battle Stance. Believe me a lot of people have tried. You can die in a single CC or a quick switch and there is nothing you can do about it. This means that Defensive Stance is forced on us. Considering Battle Stance is unplayable, a 25% nerf to Defensive Stance damage would mean an effective 25% damage nerf. Which would put Warriors back to the 5.2 state.

Warriors need Damage to playable. Warrior Mobility is greatly overestimated. Warriors are the only class besides Rogues that needs to have 100% melee range uptime, because the class totally lacks ranged abilities, like Paladin Judgments or Hammers, Death Knight dots/coils/Blasts/pet, Warriors also lack the advantages of Stealth. This is the reason why Warriors need to be in melee range at all times. If you get away from a Paladin or DK, you negate 40 or 60 percents of his damage. Get away from a Warrior you negate it all.

So Damage and Mobility as Defenses are needed.

That leaves control as the subject to tweaking. Fear needs to break on direct damage (not Dots). And I think Pummel and Disrupting Shout need to be backed into one. A 10 yard AoE interrupt on 15 second cooldown. Essentially making Pummel AoE, and removing the 2nd interrupt. Same should happen with Spell Reflect. Remove Spell Reflect, Keep Mass Spell Reflect on 1 minute cooldown, 15 Seconds if talented. Considering Mass Spell Reflect shares a tier with Safeguard, it would force Warriors to pick between increased mobility or anti caster defenses.

One other change should be the removal of the Snare effect from Bloodbath.

The above is more then sufficient to bring Warriors inline, still have them Gladiator viable and not nerfing PvE.

Usual Warrior tweaks done by Blizzard always tend to be ass backwards. Start with gamebreaking over reaction nerfs and then make them even worse. For once they could be smarter about it, and start with incremental changes, until they manage to hit the sweet spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Your frustration and anger is tangible.
    Of course it is. I play 11 classes in the game, and on most multiple specs. It doesn't really matter which one I play, trying to cap in 2s I win pretty much every game vs non warrior teams, but get absolutely roflstomped by any warrior team. It's beyond disgusting. In an rbg, when the team has multiple warriors (which is pretty much every game above 1800 I've played lately) you can forget it. They can completely shut down 1 player, and do the damage for 2, while they are almost unkillable. In 3s, the problem is less frustrating since comp matters way more, but still I can point out enough warriors that play 3-400 rating above what they are worth, just carried by the class. And the most frustrating part of all is if you actually play properly and they are fucking up, they still have a good shot at winning.

So yes I'm frustrated, because every arena session you play every other game vs a warrior. And in my circle of friends I tend to queue with, a couple no longer log in, a few others just stopped pvp'ing all together, and warriors are the single reason for that, because in the end, 'whats even the point' (most have been playing every season since arena was introduced). If I play in a pickup group, the reactions are absolutely similar on skype. If I queue for an rbg, same deal. I'm far from the only one who is absolutely sick with the current state of warriors, because it's simply the most disgusting class ever.

only thing missing is Healing (SW don't heal for crap).
    Except in 2s, can't recall the times where we land a kill on the enemy healer and a warrior scores a cross kill. Second win(d) gives them a pretty much guaranteed outcome (paired with the dot). Of course second wind is not the most notable problem, but it's one of the many things.

You can die in a single CC or a quick switch and there is nothing you can do about it.
    You mean just like pretty much every other class that has 1 or 2 defensive cooldowns? I'll tell you a secret, if you swap onto a target w/o defensive cd's they mostly die into a cc. Not sure why warriors should be the exception with their mobility and level of control.

This means that Defensive Stance is forced on us. Considering Battle Stance is unplayable, a 25% nerf to Defensive Stance damage would mean an effective 25% damage nerf. Which would put Warriors back to the 5.2 state.
    How about stance dancing? Eat the damage nerf when you are under pressure, play defensive, and if you go offensive go battle stance. That's called risk versus reward, a concept that is pretty much non existent for 5.4 warriors. It's true for pretty much every melee class, why should it be any different for warriors? The current warrior concept is reward all the time, for little to no risk.

Warrior Mobility is greatly overestimated. Warriors are the only class besides Rogues that needs to have 100% melee range uptime, because the class totally lacks ranged abilities, like Paladin Judgments or Hammers, Death Knight dots/coils/Blasts/pet, Warriors also lack the advantages of Stealth. This is the reason why Warriors need to be in melee range at all times. If you get away from a Paladin or DK, you negate 40 or 60 percents of his damage. Get away from a Warrior you negate it all.
    Warrior mobility is overestimated? Play with a warlock and gate, 1 second later the warrior is back on you. Knock a warrior away, in the same global he is on you (and you are charge stunned). Just try to run away from a warrior while kiting, with hamstring off the gcd, charge, intervene and leap. Deep wounds is one of the best dots in the game, and oh so easy to apply. The amount of dmg it does is pretty absurd.

Roots, snares, knockbacks, fears, ... they all have a goal: to keep the target away for a bit. That goal in your mind is non-existent for warriors.

Fear needs to break on direct damage (not Dots). And I think Pummel and Disrupting Shout need to be backed into one. A 10 yard AoE interrupt on 15 second cooldown. Essentially making Pummel AoE, and removing the 2nd interrupt. Same should happen with Spell Reflect. Remove Spell Reflect, Keep Mass Spell Reflect on 1 minute cooldown, 15 Seconds if talented. Considering Mass Spell Reflect shares a tier with Safeguard, it would force Warriors to pick between increased mobility or anti caster defenses.
    Yep those changes have been often suggested over the past months. But it's far from enough. There are plenty of situations where warriors are still OP as fuck and where double pummel or double spell reflect are not an issue.

Start with gamebreaking over reaction nerfs and then make them even worse. For once they could be smarter about it, and start with incremental changes, until they manage to hit the sweet spot.
    Well unfortunately we are what, 3 months into the season and those incremental changes are non existent (I liked the intervene change, but as everyone can see that is far from enough). I don't mind warriors being viable/good/strong. But not to the extend they are now.
    Last edited by zenga; 2013-12-23 at 10:03 AM.

Of course it is. I play 11 classes in the game, and on most multiple specs. It doesn't really matter which one I play, trying to cap in 2s I win pretty much every game vs non warrior teams, but get absolutely roflstomped by any warrior team. It's beyond disgusting. In an rbg, when the team has multiple warriors (which is pretty much every game above 1800 I've played lately) you can forget it. They can completely shut down 1 player, and do the damage for 2, while they are almost unkillable. In 3s, the problem is less frustrating since comp matters way more, but still I can point out enough warriors that play 3-400 rating above what they are worth, just carried by the class. And the most frustrating part of all is if you actually play properly and they are fucking up, they still have a good shot at winning.

So yes I'm frustrated, because every arena session you play every other game vs a warrior. And in my circle of friends I tend to queue with, a couple no longer log in, a few others just stopped pvp'ing all together, and warriors are the single reason for that, because in the end, 'whats even the point' (most have been playing every season since arena was introduced). If I play in a pickup group, the reactions are absolutely similar on skype. If I queue for an rbg, same deal. I'm far from the only one who is absolutely sick with the current state of warriors, because it's simply the most disgusting class ever.
    While every season that warriors were a free kill class, you felt calm, relaxed and skilled? I strongly doubt that you are the one who does no mistakes, plays perfect while the enemy warrior faceroll, play badly and still win.

Except in 2s, can't recall the times where we land a kill on the enemy healer and a warrior scores a cross kill. Second win(d) gives them a pretty much guaranteed outcome (paired with the dot). Of course second wind is not the most notable problem, but it's one of the many things.
    My experience is very different. Every time my healer dies I am also following my healer to heaven.

You mean just like pretty much every other class that has 1 or 2 defensive cooldowns? I'll tell you a secret, if you swap onto a target w/o defensive cd's they mostly die into a cc. Not sure why warriors should be the exception with their mobility and level of control.
    Nope. How many classes have defensives or immunities that you can use while stunned? Can you kill a mage if you switch to him and stun him? Can druids use barkskin while stunned? Can paladins bubble? can DK's icebound? Which ability can a warrior use against a full kidney smoke bomb?

Warrior mobility is overestimated? Play with a warlock and gate, 1 second later the warrior is back on you. Knock a warrior away, in the same global he is on you (and you are charge stunned). Just try to run away from a warrior while kiting, with hamstring off the gcd, charge, intervene and leap. Deep wounds is one of the best dots in the game, and oh so easy to apply. The amount of dmg it does is pretty absurd.

Roots, snares, knockbacks, fears, ... they all have a goal: to keep the target away for a bit. That goal in your mind is non-existent for warriors.
    Root the warrior

Yep those changes have been often suggested over the past months. But it's far from enough. There are plenty of situations where warriors are still OP as fuck and where double pummel or double spell reflect are not an issue.
    Well unfortunately we are what, 3 months into the season and those incremental changes are non existent (I liked the intervene change, but as everyone can see that is far from enough). I don't mind warriors being viable/good/strong. But not to the extend they are now.
    Lies. Full of lies. There are plenty of situations where other classes are stronger than warriors. Especially caster cleaves. I don't see 70 page long topics about nerfing casters and their cleaves. It seems to me you DONT want warriors viable. You just got used to beat them when they were free kills, so that made you entitled to a biased and false opinion about balance, skillful play and fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    While every season that warriors were a free kill class, you felt calm, relaxed and skilled? I strongly doubt that you are the one who does no mistakes, plays perfect while the enemy warrior faceroll, play badly and still win.
    Zero fucks are given when a spec is balanced or slightly underpowered. It's a different story when everyone but the warrior doesn't want to play because of how retarded they are.

Lies. Full of lies. There are plenty of situations where other classes are stronger than warriors. Especially caster cleaves.
    Name one.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2013-12-23 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so you've proven you've never played as a warrior and are complaining about the class because you have no idea how it works or how to counter it. It also seems that you have a very vague understanding at best of what second wind does and are completely clueless as to what control a warrior actually has at its disposal.

Second Wind is a HOT that activates at sub 35% HP. The burst of healing the warrior gets after landing a killing blow is called Victory Rush. That isn't second wind, though it does help. Warriors are very kill-able if you know what you're doing.

I suggest you actually try learning the class and you'll have a much easier time countering it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Literally at this point you could tell what had happened.

If you play a shadow priest during this season (with warriors being as balanced as they currently are), you're going to have a bad time
    Warriors have always been the counter class for warlocks and priests. Much how a hunter should counter a mage or warrior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Name one.
    Post 1333

Not sure if trolling??

I think its safe to say that you may have been watching another final, Skill Capped LSD were #1 actually with MIR's WMD being #2 and from watching it Soda and Talb did a pretty good job of controlling the other team, i mean its not like they wooped them 4-0 in the final................oh wait!!!

That being said, using the absolute best players in the world is not a very good gauge of the rest of the high rated gaming community, i mean i consider myself high rated and i play in the 2k-2.4k bracket on my mains but that is because that is the top 20% of rating on my battlegroup, they are next level shit and light years ahead than i'll ever be.

Also by your logic there should be a "Nerf Warlock, Elemental" threads but i dont see those, the fact is warriors are strong i never disagreed that, the point i was making is that they are an easy class to learn therefore popular atm due to also being powerful, but so are all classes when placed in the hands of a skilled player, the blizzcon final is a good example of that.

Blizzcon, LSD

Zero fucks are given when a spec is balanced or slightly underpowered. It's a different story when everyone but the warrior doesn't want to play because of how retarded they are.
    How many people stopped PVP in cataclysm, when they would die in a cheapshot against a RMP? How many people thought being chain CC'd for 100 seconds against a hunter disc, was fun?

Lets see, warrior were realistically, AND NOT SLIGHTLY, underpowered for the duration of cataclysm (except for a few weeks in the start), a whole expansion, and both 5.2, 5.3.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    all... all these tears. They nourish me!

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-12-24 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    So it's up to the people who get wrecked in every aspect of pvp by the most retarded spec ever (5.4 warriors) to make sure they are doing well in PVE? What kind of dumb logic is that? I frankly don't give a flying fuck if arms is top or bottom in pve, but I do care how they make me (and me people I play with) just not want to play because they are absolutely disgusting. Absolutely disgusting in 2s, in 3s, in 5s, in rated bgs and in random bgs. And yet you shamelessly tell people who are absolutely sick of warriors to fix them for pve ... this is absolutely beyond my understanding of common sense.

But hey, I'm happy to help out to nerf warriors in pvp in ways that won't affect pve as far as I can see:

- reduce deep wounds damage vs player targets with 50%
    - if a dps warrior is in defensive stance, nerf his dmg with 25%vs player targets (or in general)
    - if a warrior uses an ability that no longer requires a shield, but once used to (shield wall, reflect, ...), change the warrior stats as if he was using a shield (without the need to equip one), thus basically reducing their output
    - warriors can no longer use cc abilities during blade storm

This is why yours and everybody else's non constructive whining will result in no changes, the failure to accept that this game has a rather large PVE content.....not just PVP. Ergo my logic is er logical......in the sense that warrior damage is high because of PVE therefore suggestions are needed to tone down the class without breaking them in PVE, i never said nerf or buff i said remained viable. You have done that with your suggestions so again you clearly do get my logic cause thats was exactly what i was asking ppl should do!

So you play a warrior at 1500 rating, yet 2 lines down the road you talk as if you play high end arena on it (vs 'great rogues and shamans'). So what's the deal here? Are you making shit up for the sake of your point or was it a typo?

First line say's i play mage and warlock above 2k, (2.2k lock 2.250k mage) i was talking about handling warriors as them, not on my 1500 warrior, the use of commas may in my sentence may have not made that clear, perhaps poorly structured or maybe not read properly?

Lol, that was actually sarcasm, hence why i put it as a totally separate line at the bottom of my post, perhaps i should have put rolling eyes or summit, point being they haven't got the class right once yet, sorry im just enjoying the gravy train of the FOTM, don't worry i understand, trouble is because of their class design they are always going to be total garbage or fucking wrecking balls, im just glad i don't main one as i dunno if i could put up with that roller coaster!
    Hope this clears things up, you seem kinda mad?!
    Last edited by villie; 2013-12-24 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Okay, so you've proven you've never played as a warrior and are complaining about the class because you have no idea how it works or how to counter it. It also seems that you have a very vague understanding at best of what second wind does and are completely clueless as to what control a warrior actually has at its disposal.

Second Wind is a HOT that activates at sub 35% HP. The burst of healing the warrior gets after landing a killing blow is called Victory Rush. That isn't second wind, though it does help. Warriors are very kill-able if you know what you're doing.

I suggest you actually try learning the class and you'll have a much easier time countering it.

- - - Updated - - -

Warriors have always been the counter class for warlocks and priests. Much how a hunter should counter a mage or warrior, etc.
    Where exactly did I made any ref to victory rush?

'Except in 2s, can't recall the times where we land a kill on the enemy healer and a warrior scores a cross kill. Second win(d) gives them a pretty much guaranteed outcome (paired with the dot). Of course second wind is not the most notable problem, but it's one of the many things.'

A warrior goes into a 1v1 situation in what I said, has control/mobility/damage. Both get low, warrior can just stun/fear/disarm/shockwave/interrupt/reflect/reflect/interrupt (pick a few) while he can leap away and hide behind a pillar. Deep wounds ticks for 15k easily and crits for 30k. warrior goes back to his 35% health while opponent just dies from deep wounds. And unless you can create a situation where you can 35% -> 0% the warrior in a few globals/have a strong execute where the warrior has no cd's left, the warrior has a pretty much guaranteed win. I've seen that countless times. Not sure how it was not obvious what I said and how you bring in shit that has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

First line say's i play mage and warlock above 2k, (2.2k lock 2.250k mage) i was talking about handling warriors as them, not on my 1500 warrior, the use of commas may in my sentence may have not made that clear, perhaps poorly structured or maybe not read properly?
    I read it as: you are playing at 1500 rating on your warrior and that 'melee wise' (i.e. you as warrior) have a hard time vs great sub rogues and shammies (where obviously the 1500 and 'great' are contradicting eachother). But I can see that it can be read from the mage/lock pov vs melee. Fair enough.

Lol, that was actually sarcasm, hence why i put it as a totally separate line at the bottom of my post, perhaps i should have put rolling eyes or summit, point being they haven't got the class right once yet, sorry im just enjoying the gravy train of the FOTM, don't worry i understand, trouble is because of their class design they are always going to be total garbage or fucking wrecking balls, im just glad i don't main one as i dunno if i could put up with that roller coaster
    That wasn't very obvious to me, to say the least. Then again, a lot of non native English speakers (like myself) frequent these boards. All good.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say that I play perfect, never make mistakes and that warriors always play bad.
    What I said is: 'if you actually play properly and they are fucking up, they still have a good shot at winning', which is slightly different than what you state.

Nope. How many classes have defensives or immunities that you can use while stunned? Can you kill a mage if you switch to him and stun him? Can druids use barkskin while stunned? Can paladins bubble? can DK's icebound? Which ability can a warrior use against a full kidney smoke bomb?
    Well they sit in defensive stance to begin with and take 25% less damage during a full kidney in your example. Not sure what you are trying to prove, it's not like every spec has a stun/kindey or that every comp has a rogue. Pretty much every spec/class is prone to die in a quick switch if they have no cd's (and my comment was a reply to that point). So again my question, why should that be any different for a warrior who already has more tools than the average spec to get out of trouble.

Root the warrior
    Safeguard (banner or party). And just as if every spec has a root ... again I don't understand your counter to a valid point.

I don't see 70 page long topics about nerfing casters and their cleaves.
    There is perhaps a good reason why there are no 70 page long topics. Seems to me that only those people who main a warrior don't get the point.

It seems to me you DONT want warriors viable. You just got used to beat them when they were free kills, so that made you entitled to a biased and false opinion about balance, skillful play and fun.
    Why would I care more/less about warriors than I do about any other spec in the game? I have zero reasons why I would want warriors to be bad. All I want is them to be in line with most other specs, not miles ahead with chuck norris, rambo and mcgyver bundled into 1 spec.

But hey, it's getting really predictable: those who don't main a warrior have no reason to complain and see things wrong. Those who main a warrior think their class is balanced.

you know i never understood why 1500 is considered garbage its like the top 20% of arena players atm

all see in this thread is people screaming bloody murder about how the mean old warrior killed them. oh but hay i guess it takes more skill to kill someone in a smoke bomb or by spamming instants the entire game then it does to pool 100 rage hit cds and pray you don't get pealed and you hit some big crits to score a kill. now im only a 1700 player so i guess that makes me trash as well so i guess i just don't know anything about what is and is not skill at least im shure ill be told that fairly shortly
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.