Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So I just discovered...

.. and I'm surprised I hadn't already assumed that it was there, but you can actually ignore other users of this forum Go to their profile and then the forum will just censor any of their posts

Like, you know where theres that one guy who just wants to be right; even if the underlying point they are trying to proove is refuted, they leap to semantics to show how actually everyone just misinterpreted them and actually they were trying to argue some other point entirely... You know, actually practiced forum trolls.

Well you can enjoy MMO-C so much more when, once you identify one, you pop them on ignore Just realised that you can read threads and stick to the mostly useful discussion part of it (as opposed to someone trying to point out that semantically their opinion is actually a fact /doublefacepalm).

I've been on these forums for a couple of years and I don't think it ever occured to me how much better this place is once you get rid of the flame baiters.

(I dare say I'm on an ignore list or two )

Anyway this post was mostly in case anyone else wasn't aware of that function lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    .. and I'm surprised I hadn't already assumed that it was there, but you can actually ignore other users of this forum Go to their profile and then the forum will just censor any of their posts

Like, you know where theres that one guy who just wants to be right; even if the underlying point they are trying to proove is refuted, they leap to semantics to show how actually everyone just misinterpreted them and actually they were trying to argue some other point entirely... You know, actually practiced forum trolls.

Well you can enjoy MMO-C so much more when, once you identify one, you pop them on ignore Just realised that you can read threads and stick to the mostly useful discussion part of it (as opposed to someone trying to point out that semantically their opinion is actually a fact /doublefacepalm).

I've been on these forums for a couple of years and I don't think it ever occured to me how much better this place is once you get rid of the flame baiters.

(I dare say I'm on an ignore list or two )

Anyway this post was mostly in case anyone else wasn't aware of that function lol.

I found the ignore feature more annoying the readings someones post I don't like. This might just be me though.

Deleted
    Is this some sort of bug? I can see the post title but no author or posts in this thread. Explain pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea o.O Thank you for this. But then again, I guess I have never wanted to ignore anyone on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Is this some sort of bug? I can see the post title but no author or posts in this thread. Explain pls.
    Hahahahaha! Yea, right :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Nice try, but you would still see a post that says "This person posted who is on your ignore list, would you like to read the post?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I got like 8 trolls on it . Also site loads faster when i dont want to read their spam.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm considering just removing people from my ignore list (only 1 person). It's just... the interface is a bit annoying. It may as well be a neon sign that says:

"HEY LOOK HERE, YOU IGNORED THIS GUY."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    It took you about 5 paragraphs to say, "There is an ignore function if you go into another users profile"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I'm considering just removing people from my ignore list (only 1 person). It's just... the interface is a bit annoying. It may as well be a neon sign that says:

"HEY LOOK HERE, YOU IGNORED THIS GUY."

That was my problem with it. Would be nice if it could just remove the post completely.

I don't really understand the impulse to ignore people. If I want to ignore someone, I just literally ignore their posts.

Just because you think someone is a troll doesn't mean you should ignore them, even if they seem totally retarded. Why bother posting here if you just end up "arguing" with yes men and backslappers? No point if everyone agrees with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't really understand the impulse to ignore people. If I want to ignore someone, I just literally ignore their posts.
    And this also, that way you can talk to them if you see them posting again and you find it interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you see the posts of ignored people if they are quoted by others? (Which almost always happens)
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Can't you see the posts of ignored people if they are quoted by others? (Which almost always happens)

I think you can yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yes. It lets you use other people to sift through the garbage so you don't have to do it yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Just because you think someone is a troll doesn't mean you should ignore them, even if they seem totally retarded. Why bother posting here if you just end up "arguing" with yes men and backslappers? No point if everyone agrees with each other.
    Yeah, but you understand the difference between trolling and discussion though. I doubt very much that any one poster on these forums is uniquely able to provide a perspective on an issue, so if the majority of a posters threads are "Actually I meant this so nya-haa!" then they probably don't have much useful to add anways, and anything they could have added will be provided by another poster.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

i ignored someone once, basically just highlights their post. tbh their posts were the only ones I read EVERYTIME i came across one.
    YOU HAVE IGNORED THIS USER. DO YOU WANNA SEE ANYWAY.
    ... i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Anus, you so stupid.

Hello btw, hope the guild is going well. I finally got internet this morning after living here for 3 weeks!

Infracted: Post constructively and don't insult another user, even in jest.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-09-24 at 10:33 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    People have practiced the art of saying things to wind people up. And they get *good* at it, you only have to look at how some threads span 100+ pages when the issue beign discussed was dealt with in its entirety in the first 5 posts. So sometimes, having a "You ahve ignored this user" message is preferable to the antagonistic stuff that gets posted... Seeing as you aren't allowed to call out trolling when it occurs, another easier option is to just ignore them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Oh Anus, you so stupid.

Hello btw, hope the guild is going well. I finally got internet this morning after living here for 3 weeks!
    HAI Mr. Alchemist guy. You said some nasty things recently but I couldn't summon the energy to disagree with you. I can't remember the topic. Might have been to do with wealth distribution. Meh.

Where are you at that it takes 3 weeks to get internet? Mongolia?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Seeing as you aren't allowed to call out trolling when it occurs, another easier option is to just ignore them
    I've learned to use euphemisms.

Deleted
    Great, I'l start with adding the OP to ignore for making a stupid post. :P The ignore feature is pointless as it still shows you the person...and I'l still read it in the end.

How did this thread get started? It seems to start with post #2...
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__