Thok the Bloodthirsty and Hero/Bloodlust/Timewarp

When is your guild using heroism/bloodlust/timewarp on the Thok encounter? (Normal)

I am in an on going debate with my RL over the usage.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

We used it at the start.
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

Using it at the pull.

On pull and extended the time by using aura mastery to prevent silences when it got too much to ensure it was fully used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Why would you use it any time other than on the pull?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Cattlehunter, my thoughts exactly. But my RL says it is a dps loss and you use it on the final door when you have the dmg buff.

I even tried to explain it using simple napkin math.

at pull
    ofc best possible uptime
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Here's our latest kill of ThokWoL

If you dig into my own details (Chablis), it shows that I had like 11 procs of the "Flame Coating" for about 1 million damage total. Its nice for sure but not "AMG" nice. Lust on pull as others say.
    Git Er Raid
    GM and RL for life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    Cattlehunter, my thoughts exactly. But my RL says it is a dps loss and you use it on the final door when you have the dmg buff.

I even tried to explain it using simple napkin math.
    Yeah, your RL doesn't know what he's talking about. On a fight with a "time" based phase shift, the pull is generally always the best place to BL, since it'll let you make the other phases shorter and the fight itself shorter.

We didn't even have a 40+ second last phase due to the dps we were able to push out thanks to the BL and aura masteries in the beginning.

Deleted
    At pull.

It could be worth at the end with the buff, but you want the boss dead right after the fire phase begins because of the flames filling the room.

We use it when hes chasing people.

Just kidding, we use it on the pull as well. We have 2 paladins for aura mastery and we also spec clemency for double BoP. It extends the first phase a lot.

Make sure to let your RL know that he needs to be replaced.

We use it when hes chasing people.
    Good idea for when this makes it to LFR... *plotting*

Ah and we use it at the pull as well.

We went from using it at the beginning. To using it during the pursuit phase, because "the casters are not interrupted" during that phase. To using it at the beginning of the red phase when all the fire is going out. On our first kill last week we went into the final pursuit phase with 32m health on Thok. Our comp is 2 tanks / 3 healers / 2 mDPS / 3 rDPS. So basically the three ranged burned him down, with the room filling with fire, while the rest of us prayed.

I have been told that anyone that pops hero at the beginning of this fight is an idiot. I just wanted to see how many idiots there are out there.

And by idiots, I mean people who would use it at the beginning like I think we should be.
    Last edited by Always; 2013-09-25 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    We went from using it at the beginning. To using it during the pursuit phase, because "the casters are not interrupted" during that phase. To using it at the beginning of the red phase when all the fire is going out. On our first kill last week we went into the final pursuit phase with 32m health on Thok. Our comp is 2 tanks / 3 healers / 2 mDPS / 3 rDPS. So basically the three ranged burned him down, with the room filling with fire, while the rest of us prayed.

I have been told that anyone that pops hero at the beginning of this fight is an idiot. I just wanted to see how many idiots there are out there.

And by idiots, I mean people who would use it at the beginning like I think we should be.
    He only casts the AoE ~8 times (right? something like that) in the duration of heroism at the start, and only 2-3 times in the real juicy part: the first 10-20s. Everyone also has prepot, all their cooldowns, and all their procs at the start of a fight.

Heroism at the start is always more damage, and should be used at the start unless it's needed defensively (for healing+damage), to shorten a particularly difficult phase (Garrosh, p3), or if there is a greatly increased damage phase (Horridon).

10+ Year Old Account
    The longer you draw out each p1 and p2 the less time you have to spend in the fire phase, so lust away in p1!

Get a new raid leader. Do it on the pull with trinket/cloak procs all lined up it is better than any time ever in that fight by a huge margin........You can knock him easily to like 70% or better with hero on first stack up.

10+ Year Old Account
    On normal mode you should always use lust at the beginning of the encounter because that is when you will get the most benefit and up-time.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.