finding affliction rly hard.. new lvled warlock looking for ingame help.

Hello. I am just leveling an alt. im 85 and I allready want to learn how to play affliction. When I first play a class I want to master it perfectly. This is why I am searching for someone who can show me all the different addons I need and also explain how dots and empowered dots etc works. I dont get it.

You can add me in game on spartacus#2762. I will pay 5k for any experienced affliction warlock.

You are going to have some difficulty mastering affliction at 85 as you miss out on 2 key abilities -- your level 90 talent (either KjC or AD) and Pandemic -- and unless you have some high end 85 trinkets and procs there is not much to master other than keeping your dots up and using soul swap to spread the love.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

The Sticky in the warlock thread called [5.4] Affliction Warlock and Encounter Specific Guides by evrelia is very good for when you hit 90, otherwise most of the nuances for affliction come with pandemic. I believe affliction still overwrites dots regardless of pandemic if the buffs are massive though. An addon called affdots shows relative dot power

Deleted
    well the problem with afflic is that it is quite gear dependent, so you will get very bad results as afflic until you reach a very high ilvl, you'd be better off as destro. now if you're really keen on afflic then ofc play it, just know that it wont give you the result that destro would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varum View Post
    Hello. I am just leveling an alt. im 85 and I allready want to learn how to play affliction. When I first play a class I want to master it perfectly. This is why I am searching for someone who can show me all the different addons I need and also explain how dots and empowered dots etc works. I dont get it.

You can add me in game on spartacus#2762. I will pay 5k for any experienced affliction warlock.
    There are so many guides and videos out there. Read and watch them. Affliction is pretty self explanatory. People overcomplicate things.

Since you are leveling yet, I hardly recommend you to reach level 90 as Destruction.
    Destruction is the best spec for leveling warlocks nowadays.
    You'll learn almost nothing from Affliction since you aren't 90 yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bastosdiegol View Post
    Since you are leveling yet, I hardly recommend you to reach level 90 as Destruction.
    Destruction is the best spec for leveling warlocks nowadays.
    You'll learn almost nothing from Affliction since you aren't 90 yet.
    What is so great about destro leveling? I leveled as Demo (im almost 80) and I can solo a rediculous amount of mobs, top the meter (usually by alot) in dungeons, and soloing stuff (including elites) 2-4 levels above me with ease. I can't imagine that Destro is that much better?

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    What is so great about destro leveling? I leveled as Demo (im almost 80) and I can solo a rediculous amount of mobs, top the meter (usually by alot) in dungeons, and soloing stuff (including elites) 2-4 levels above me with ease. I can't imagine that Destro is that much better?
    Destro does all that using 3-4 buttons.

All specs are perfectly viable for leveling (on mine I was basically tabbing SB:SS all around and draining a low mob to top shards and keep going), just some are easier than others for roughly the same reward when it comes to leveling.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki