Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont get it peoples blind loyalty to this game astounds me, I had a feeling so i played the beta for a while then popped in bf2 and they play almost exactly the same, few new things here and there tripods, jumping over stuff ect but the combat is the same and it doesnt feel right, vehicle combat is ok but infrantry battles dont feel smooth at all. Even though i love the tank play i will def not be purchasing this unless they make some major changes between now and release.
    I would say the same about Halo, but it never even changed as much as Battlefield did between games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I would say the same about Halo, but it never even changed as much as Battlefield did between games.
    In terms of FPS BF has had lots of changes over the years. Halo less so. I love both games so I don't really get this "blind loyalty" thing. BF is BF and while the game has changed over the years it will still be BF. I didn't expect BF4 to become borderlands. Now i get why people would be upset that it didn't, it can get repetitive but it's a design decision about how far you want to take things. Personally I think bf4 adds alot but still keeps to the core of battlefield. *shrug* I guess I'm blind..

So far, the beta has been pretty unplayable for me due to crashing/loading issues. I hope it's resolved by the time the game is out.

Oh, and I still hate the obnoxious battlelog. I don't enjoy having to use an Internet browser to launch the game and join servers when there should be a server browser already integrated into the game's interface.
    Last edited by Drofdel; 2013-10-08 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    In terms of FPS BF has had lots of changes over the years. Halo less so. I love both games so I don't really get this "blind loyalty" thing. BF is BF and while the game has changed over the years it will still be BF. I didn't expect BF4 to become borderlands. Now i get why people would be upset that it didn't, it can get repetitive but it's a design decision about how far you want to take things. Personally I think bf4 adds alot but still keeps to the core of battlefield. *shrug* I guess I'm blind..
    Indeed, this is what I don't get: There have been a lot of changes, advances in gameplay, graphical updates, alterations to the setup of the classes (pushing Recon more offensive and giving it C4 for example), new weapons and updates for all the returning ones, a whole array of new maps being added for multiplayer, new loadouts for vehicles as well as refreshes/updates for them, a new single player campaign, a couple more gameplay modes, the entirety of the Naval Warfare maps and the dynamic that fully sea-based maps will bring, not to mention the wave tech they're implementing and so on.

Yet despite all that BF 4 will bring, people seem to expect a completely different game. Which in turn, would make it no longer Battlefield. So yeah, I don't understand the argument either.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-10-08 at 09:20 PM. Reason: minor additions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    Anyone else feels the domination map is a little small?

I also miss rush
    Is Rush removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Is Rush removed?
    No, it hasn't been removed.

http://bf4central.com/battlefield-4-...er-game-modes/

Rush
    Conquest
    Deathmatch
    Defuse
    Obliteration
    Domination
    Capture The Flag
    Air Superiority
    Tank Superiority
    Team Deathmatch
    Squad Deathmatch
    Squad Rush

Have all been confirmed.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-10-08 at 09:25 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    Anyone else feels the domination map is a little small?

I also miss rush
    Definately small, however it provides good CQB fun even with all of those damn roof campers.

As far as rush, well it should be back come release right? :P

Deleted
    I think Domination is for the Call of Duty Kiddies. Seems like CloseQuarter Combat in BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    I think Domination is for the Call of Duty Kiddies. Seems like CloseQuarter Combat in BF3.
    It is funny how you poke at COD yet now BF is doing the same thing, coming out with a game that is barely an expansion pack and marketing it as a new game.

It is funny how you poke at COD yet now BF is doing the same thing, coming out with a game that is barely an expansion pack and marketing it as a new game.
    Would you explain what exactly you believe they'd have to add to the game to justify calling it a new game? At this point, you're just sitting there, trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Indeed, this is what I don't get: There have been a lot of changes, advances in gameplay, graphical updates, alterations to the setup of the classes (pushing Recon more offensive and giving it C4 for example), new weapons and updates for all the returning ones, a whole array of new maps being added for multiplayer, new loadouts for vehicles as well as refreshes/updates for them, a new single player campaign, a couple more gameplay modes, the entirety of the Naval Warfare maps and the dynamic that fully sea-based maps will bring, not to mention the wave tech they're implementing and so on.

Yet despite all that BF 4 will bring, people seem to expect a completely different game. Which in turn, would make it no longer Battlefield. So yeah, I don't understand the argument either.
    I agree with this, people expect a whole new game but it doesn't work that way, they tweak things add new weapons or accessories and so on. Plus all the new maps, a more refined game engine and physics plus polished gameplay. I mean we get new game modes/maps and single player plus other things I"m most likely forgetting. Same goes with Halo and I have no problem shelling out $60 for games I'll get 200+ hours out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I agree with this, people expect a whole new game but it doesn't work that way, they tweak things add new weapons or accessories and so on. Plus all the new maps, a more refined game engine and physics plus polished gameplay. I mean we get new game modes/maps and single player plus other things I"m most likely forgetting. Same goes with Halo and I have no problem shelling out $60 for games I'll get 200+ hours out of.
    its just ironic consider how many people in this thread i see in multitudes of other threads bashing games like COD for being the same game with a different name and now they defend BF for doing exactly what they have bashed about.

its just ironic consider how many people in this thread i see in multitudes of other threads bashing games like COD for being the same game with a different name and now they defend BF for doing exactly what they have bashed about.
    Are you just in this thread to say the same crap over and over again? We get it, you think BF4 is a glorified expansion of BF3 and you think BF3 fanboys are the same as COD fanboys.

Move along, kiddo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you think halo 3 was more than a glorified expansion for halo 2? What came out of halo 3 that made it worth buying after halo 2? or halo 2 compared to halo 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Did you think halo 3 was more than a glorified expansion for halo 2? What came out of halo 3 that made it worth buying after halo 2? or halo 2 compared to halo 1?
    after halo 2 every single halo game following has been worse, while halo 3 wasnt that bad it still wasnt as good. Besides if you look at multiplayer from halo 1 or 2 and compare it to 4 its not even close to the same game, some of the gametypes may have the same game concept but the gameplay has changed so much its almost a different title. And im not saying at all that this sort of thing going from game1 to game2 with not much difference is a bad or good thing im just pointing out the amount of hypocrits on these forums and how they are mostly full of shit.

Well to be honest it does seem more like traditional expansion than actual new game. Few improvements to aspects of the game like better hit detection, couple new modes, one of which was returning feature from earliel game (Commander) and a bunch of new bigger maps. Anyone who claims that there's any real leap like between BF 1942 -> BF 2 -> BF 3 is delusional at best.

It doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun to play and toy around with but looking at it objectively and comparing to earliel full launches of the serie that's what one walks away with. Hell, I'd dare to say some expansion packs in earliel games have been much more feature filled like Secret Weapons of WW2.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well to be honest it does seem more like traditional expansion than actual new game. Few improvements to aspects of the game like better hit detection, couple new modes, one of which was returning feature from earliel game (Commander) and a bunch of new bigger maps. Anyone who claims that there's any real leap like between BF 1942 -> BF 2 -> BF 3 is delusional at best.

It doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun to play and toy around with but looking at it objectively and comparing to earliel full launches of the serie that's what one walks away with. Hell, I'd dare to say some expansion packs in earliel games have been much more feature filled like Secret Weapons of WW2.

Well anyone claiming they want a leap of quality like there was between 1942 -> 2 -> 3, for 3 -> 4 is delusional too. 4/5 year gaps between the games vs 2 + getting closer & closer to diminishing returns on graphical quality (polygon count, so focus more on the little things).

I think BF4 is a great new game and deserves to be a new numbered title. Maybe when they go back to a 4/5 year cycle between the numbered games and use the side titles like Bad Company/BF2142 etc. for the meantime then you can expect the leaps that were there for previous numbered games.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Well anyone claiming they want a leap of quality like there was between 1942 -> 2 -> 3, for 3 -> 4 is delusional too. 4/5 year gaps between the games vs 2 + getting closer & closer to diminishing returns on graphical quality (polygon count, so focus more on the little things).

I think BF4 is a great new game and deserves to be a new numbered title. Maybe when they go back to a 4/5 year cycle between the numbered games and use the side titles like Bad Company/BF2142 etc. for the meantime then you can expect the leaps that were there for previous numbered games.
    Speaking of 2142 will we ever get a sequal you can only rehash modern combat like they have been for so many titles. I want my futuristic mech combat back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post

Well the most natural shift to make differentiation between the versions would've been a new setting instead of yet another modern mil shooter. There's many proxy wars from Cold War that would more than well enough fill the shoes of the serie. And I wasn't talking about graphics one bit really, which you seem to stress about.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of 2142 will we ever get a sequal you can only rehash modern combat like they have been for so many titles. I want my futuristic mech combat back again.
    I know they're planning to bringing Bad Company back again, really enjoyed the humor in the SP campaign for BC/2. Really don't know about BF2142, but I would like for it to come back too, could also really be a game that could compete with Titanfall 2 (if it comes out, though that would be two Mech Futuristic shooters from EA).

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)