Dating Site: Should I?

Ok so lately I've been looking on this dating site that seems to be popular and I came across this girl that I really am attracted to and she's interested in a lot of the same things and wants the same things from a relationship, the only thing is you can't contact without subscribing.

Do you think it's ever worth paying for dating websites to find your significant other? and do you think I should sign up, I really want to meet this girl but I have never had any experience with online dating.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't but that's because knowing how dating sites are. She might be hit up by so many people and whatnot... but if you have a plan B assuming she doesn't work out in the end for one reason or another then why not?

Depends on the cost and how much it's worth to you.

But just so you know, dating sites are a lot like bars. You may meet some girls, but more often than not it won't work out to anything special. Though, there is a possibility.
    The best place is still usually through something that has no expectation of dating on it. ie. through school, bumping in to eachother in public, sports, community events, volunteering, etc.

Good luck to you.

Deleted
    Sure. I know a bunch of girls who use dating websites, and they're all nice people.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's only money.

Give it a shot.

Be prepared to sift through loads of shit.

Ive not used a dating site but I now people who have and you get good and bad experiences. Almost like it's just like real life. Crazy, huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Ok so lately I've been looking on this dating site that seems to be popular and I came across this girl that I really am attracted to and she's interested in a lot of the same things and wants the same things from a relationship, the only thing is you can't contact without subscribing.

Do you think it's ever worth paying for dating websites to find your significant other? and do you think I should sign up, I really want to meet this girl but I have never had any experience with online dating.
    Don't believe the picture, don't go into this without really being serious about forming a serious relationship.

The chances are she wont respond back. Just use a free dating site like okcupid or pof

I never have but a lot of my friends have and the advice they gave me was never plan a big date. If you do you can be stuck with someone you don't get along with at all. Take her out for a drink, if you don't drink then coffee and a small lunch. Keep it simple and quick, you will quickly work out whether a second date is needed.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

From what I know of dating sites (as in, not much), a usual way to tell between scams and legit websites is that legit sites will let you contact other people with free accounts, and paid accounts are only there to access 'premium' services, whatever those may be. So, yeah, if you can't even contact that person without paying, there's a chance it's an automated profile designed to lure you in.

But then again, I might be wrong.

I have a reasonable amount of experience with online dating. I used a variety of them between 2009-2011. My intention for turning to them was really pretty simple, I wanted to find something real and lasting. I am a pretty shy person, and I just don't enjoy the atmosphere of bars. I really got tired of partying probably around the second half of my college years.

I tried paid sides for awhile but they never really produced much luck. I never got a date from using a paid site. I turned to the free ones, which in my opinion have many more people on who are willing to try it simply because it's free. I didn't start actually meeting any girls until I got on the free sites.

Anyway, I want to tell you that in my opinion it is a very small risk to take at a chance to meet the girl of your dreams. I met a girl in 2011 that I have been dating ever since and we intend to get married. So I'd say online dating, is worth it.

I just want to give you some advice though that I think is extremely important when dealing with these sites. It's going to take some trial and error, don't be offended if a girl doesn't write you back. Girl's on these sites get bombarded, and it's mostly unwanted attention. Think carefully how you word your profile and messages you send. It is very easy to come across the wrong way via text.

Best wishes, go live life my friend