Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are there any new dungeons?

Haven't had a chance to play since the patch hit and was wondering if there are any?

Deleted
    nope, blizzard don't like dungeons anymore, the prefer scenarios, and theres no new ones of them either.

They said they didn't want to make new 5 mans because they didn't want catch up mechanics to be "too easy for alts this time around".

Then they released Timeless Isle.

MoP is the only WoW expansion that hasn't featured any new 5 mans since launch.

However, there is a plethora of scenarios that nobody likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    They said they didn't want to make new 5 mans because they didn't want catch up mechanics to be "too easy for alts this time around".

haha, thats exactly how i feel

Is it like all about lfr now?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is the new quick catch-up mechanic, but yeah, LFR has had its drop-rate upped so its pretty easy to catch a new character up to current tier gear.

I think I'd rather have something like the Isle than 2-3 new dungeons that you'd have to run umpteen times to scrape together enough gear. Though MoP definitely need more dungeons to start with and Blizz agrees with that.

Eh, Timeless Isle is a better catch up mechanic imo. 5 mans were pretty stupid before, if you got in a group that all needed gear like you then it took forever to get through it (wasn't hard, just time consuming) at least this way you can grind everything on your own if you want. You could get a full set of 496 ilvl gear for a character that isn't even 90 yet, and that's kind of cool. Then you get 90 on your alt and you're fully geared, which is nice. Can save a lot of time. I'm not really a fan of the 5man time sinks.

I'd say it works better this way, simply because new 5 mans are only going to be played on alts for gear and then never touched again. At least things like Timeless Isle are useful for mains as well, and offer more replayability. Five mans get burned through once on a main maybe and then that's it, for alts you grind them for a day or so and you're fully geared and don't touch it any more. Granted, I haven't touched the Isle since I finished my legendary cloak, but it's at least more interesting then five mans that offer no rewards at all aside from gear you don't need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the hell do people want dungeons?

You do them once, and you have seen it.

At this point the gear is not worth doing it.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I haven't even done an end game dungeon this expansion, but I've cleared every raid many times, except the current one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    nope, blizzard don't like dungeons anymore, the prefer scenarios, and theres no new ones of them either.
    Proving grounds and celestial tournaments are kind of scenarios...just solo, non-queueable and pet-centric in the case of the tourney.

But 14 boss raid > new dungeons

Wrong.

They didn't want to make 5-man dungeons because those take crazy amounts of time to develop. Cataclysm had 8 boss tiers because of the five-man instances were out of the raid development time and resources.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Timeless Island is more fun than 5 new 5mans would've been though

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Timeless Island is more fun than 5 new 5mans would've been though
    I completely agree but then again my hobbies do include watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Wrong.

They didn't want to make 5-man dungeons because those take crazy amounts of time to develop. Cataclysm had 8 boss tiers because of the five-man instances were out of the raid development time and resources.
    Perhaps you should go back and read some interviews with the devs this xpac.

Er maybe you should as well? They have said that 5mans compete with raids in terms of resources.

That said with more team members perhaps we can see some more 5man dungeon content in the future?

There is 88 Dungeons or something crazy in this game. We could see way more heroics if we up the old ones to it.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-09-27 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

The only ones I dont like is Theramore and the Jade Forest brewing one.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    He's not wrong actually. The team that designs the dungeons is the same team that designs the raids. They have to prioritize, either they make larger raids and less dungeons, or they make smaller raids and more dungeons. Scenarios and Timeless isle isn't part of this team. A big factor a lot of people easily miss about dungeons is that it has lots of newly created architecture and even lore around it which takes a lot of development time. The stuff for a scenario is already in the game and is easily thrown together.

Your comment about them not wanting you to be able to catch up too quickly is also true however, and they have sort of kept to that for the most part of the expansion if you look at the item level gating in LFR.

Also if you actually read the blueposts/interviews, you would also know that they have said that they regretted not adding more dungeons during the expansion, they said this as early as 5.1. But at that point it was too late to start working on them, as they wouldn't be finished in time. That's how much development time it takes to make them. Still prefer dungeons over scenarios?
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-09-27 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Why in the hell do people want dungeons?

You do them once, and you have seen it.
    The same could be said of LFR and scenarios right?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Er maybe you should as well? They have said that 5mans compete with raids in terms of resources.

That said with more team members perhaps we can see some more 5man dungeon content in the future?

There is 88 Dungeons or something crazy in this game. We could see way more heroics if we up the old ones to it.
    Yup this is true they have said that they are unable to produce 5 man dungeons without impacting on raids. After all we all know how difficult it is produce a quality game with an income that is a little less than the production costs of GTA 5 every three months... I mean you can't even get Chinese voice actors to voice a Chinese inspired race for that kind of money!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    The same could be said of LFR and scenarios right?
    Scenarios doesn't take nearly as much development time as dungeons and is even developed by an entirely different team. LFR shares content with flex/normal/heroic modes which means it's run a hell of a lot more than a dungeon would be.