Poll: Bow or Gun?

Thread: Bow or Gun?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    How can I pull the string so fast that I shoot a powershot, and autoshot, and a serpent sting all at the same time? It's a bit more believable with guns.
    It would be more believable if guns in the game had magazines, but since they don't, it's actually way more believable that you could fire a bow more quickly than any muzzle-loaded weapon, which is what all the guns in wow appear to be. And I say this as someone with experience using both bows and muzzle-loaded black powder firearms.

Since I play a dwarf these days, I usually transmog to a gun. Can't stand the sound however, so this addon is a must-have for me:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rfor4.3.2.html

Deleted
    I don't play with a sound, so it doesn't matter for me.

I usually don't like how guns look like, but Bodyguard's Rifle looks amazing. Not even talking about amazing animations.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84532

10+ Year Old Account
    Guns with http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gunsniperaudiopack,it really depends on the race I play,I like bows on pandaren because guns look smaller and the shooting animation is goofy,but on dwarves/humans its a different tale

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...
    God that made me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

I used to prefer bows, but after they changed how the bow is mounted on the back of my Night Elf, i just can't stand the look of it anymore.

Using the Gun from Heroic ToC in WotLK for so long taught me to play without sounds turned on. Bows forever.

I hate the sound for guns and I love bows + the troll male animation when hes shooting it. Orcs look kind of cool shooting a gun though.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP what about crossbows?

As for the topic with all three choices I would go with Bow.

what kind of goblin would i be with a bow.

The sound of guns makes me nuts and forces me to turn off the game sound.

Before transmog was available I would even not use a gun if it was a (small) update.

Deleted
    I think guns have much better models and look better (Im playing draenei), but I vote for a bow because of the sound.

I like my guns, honestly. Ever use Barrage with a gun equipped? BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

I dunno, that feels more satisfying to me.
    (I'm a terrible elf)

Edit: Also I think Crossfire Carbine looks super cool resting across a character's back.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    what about crossbows?
    If they would get around to fixing the Incredible Shrinking Crossbow Bug, there are some very cool crossbows that I would use for certain transmog sets.

As it is, though, they're just ridiculous.

I personally grew tired of hearing guns after vanilla. At first, it was like "Cool!" but then I started to find it more and more annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    just replace gun sound file with either blank file or different sound and its ok ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a male troll, so I got to go with Bow. Male Troll Bow animation is one of the best in the game. I do like the sound of the gun though. I'm pretty rhythmically gifted, so back in Wrath whenever I had to move I could stutter step just by the sound of my gun. Could never do it with a bow.

In my opinion:

Guns tend to look more impressive.

Bows and Crossbows have 9999x better sounds.

Fact is you will rarely have time to observe your weapon's looks during PvE/PvP fights - however you will always be exposed to the weapon's firing sound, so that makes bows/crossbow transmogs the only option for me.

Deleted
    i hate guns on every race, i only use bows. usually have better animations, sounds and models imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    In my opinion:

Guns tend to look more impressive.

Bows and Crossbows have 9999x better sounds.

Fact is you will rarely have time to observe your weapon's looks during PvE/PvP fights - however you will always be exposed to the weapon's firing sound, so that makes bows/crossbow transmogs the only option for me.
    These days you see your ranged weapon sheathed on your back, so looks do matter.

As previously stated, you can replace the sound files for guns. This is very easy to do and is allowed by Blizzard, unlike model alterations. Even if you use a bow, it will silence the sound of other hunter's guns.