Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    The game isn't exactly golden, but something could be done had they more resources. A shame most of those were spent by Mark Kern re-designing the game every 4 months.
    It's pretty much toast. Its reputation is tanked, all the hype they had built up years ago has long since faded, and they've alienated so much of their initial core audience over the years that they likely don't have many evangelists to work on bringing in new players to the fold.

They didn't need more resources (though it almost always helps), they just needed to dump Kern before he wasted 3 years overhauling the game over and over again while it was in beta (3 years of beta -_-).

3 years of beta? hot damn.

Deleted
    I don't know what was up with all overhauling.
    For example, was pvp really that bad so it had to be removed completely? Did it ever make it's return? From what I got the impression, quite many people did the old pvp... it seemed popular enough, so perhaps just a little tweaking if there was some problems would have been enough, and they wouldn't have needed to remove it completely?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, I was just reading this. I was literally just looking at installing Firefall again too. Given the news, I don't think I'll bother. Missing wages and laying staff off isn't exactly a sign that everything is going well...
    Yeah there's probably no way they'll make it back from this. Not only will all the staff be looking to abandon ship immediately, if they aren't fired first, but what little players are left will hear about this and bail.

Firefall will probably go down for me as the game with the biggest potential that failed. All of it's core concepts are just a little more fun than destiny for me since destiny is more like CoD with jetpacks and Firefall had true MMO potential. Oh well.
    BAD WOLF

Welp...hopefully Red5 or one of the disgruntled employees releases the game for use on private servers.

Firefall studio Red 5 couldn't make payroll on Christmas Day

Things are not looking too good for the studio behind the game Firefall.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/28/10...yroll-problems
    I regret to inform you that Red 5 currently does not have the funds necessary to meet our payroll scheduled for today Friday, December 25. Due to this, there will not be payroll paid this week. Red 5 and The9, our parent company, is currently working to resolve this, during the holidays, as soon as possible. We are hopeful we'll be able to resolve this and will update the team immediately.
    This may be the start of the studio shutting down. So what do you guys think about it.

I hope the best for everyone working there and hope they get paided.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Things are not looking too good for the studio behind the game Firefall.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/28/10...yroll-problems

This may be the start of the studio shutting down. So what do you guys think about it.

I hope the best for everyone working there and hope they get paided.
    Usually when you can't pay your employees you are well past the start of shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Usually when you can't pay your employees you are well past the start of shutdown.
    That is true.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefall/co...heck_here_ama/

Has a lot of info. It's been rough there for a while it seems.

Deleted
    Not very hard when you have no marketing at all for a close to free to play game. I could walk up to 100 gamers, and I'm confident 80-90 people wouldn't have a clue what firefall is.

Deleted
    Such a shame, Firefall had such good potential, and it's the only MMO i've played where the GMs host and take part in events to keep the community entertained. Unfortunately the end-game content was drab..2 extremely easy raid bosses a week, dropping 1-2 pieces for a big group...made any getting any loot at all, a long and boring process. Or you could go through the crafting process, which was even worse.

That said, it's not really a loss. The game had died out a long, long time ago. Even when the game was pretty new, only one zone was even remotely active, Dredge? I think, and because the event in the middle to take out the shield generators gave a stupid amount of xp, so people just sat there all day, every day. By time I had hit level 40, the end-game zone was already pretty much dead. I don't see how a relaunch of this game would solve anything.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2015-12-29 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    Isn't it really dumb for them to let it get as far as not being able to pay your employees? Whatever is left of the studio is going to jump ship as fast as possible now.

Some people don't mind sticking it out to the end...if they at least get payed.

Eh...that's not good. It's definitely a sign that the company is going down the shitter. If I worked there, I'd probably be in a hurry to gtfo.

Well that sucks.

I liked the game through almost each version/overhaul, I think it just lacked a real end game, a real goal to aim for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... That's looks pretty bad, because i really enjoyed Firefall but doing the same thing everyday like Amazon dailies, Warfront and HC's was booring. I was waiting for new patch but now? I don't think this is gonna happend, even on official forums people starts talking about this payroll.

I hope however, Firefall will be not gone like SW: Galaxies and maybe creation of private servers will be possible.

It seems that our friends at Red 5 Studios (Red 5) still cannot catch a break. In latest news, we have ascertained that up to about 40% of the staff will have to take a pay cut if they’re to continue working at the company. Investors are skeptical right now about Red 5’s stability.

Red5Studios_ColorSome employees have stated that they’ll only be getting 60% of their actual paychecks until more investors are lined up. It pains me to think that the developers of a game I really enjoyed is suffering this much, and that the employees are forced to bear it due to bad management.
    http://gamers-haven.org/more-problems-at-red-5/

Yikes... oh lordy.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth to menion, that lately two persons from Red 5 Studios are left. Is SkaDude and Mikachu. Probably without them, it's not going the same like was.

Patch 1.6 comes tomorrow. Last patch before maintenance mode? Hopefully not

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Worth to menion, that lately two persons from Red 5 Studios are left. Is SkaDude and Mikachu. Probably without them, it's not going the same like was.
    There's pretty much no one left who is recognizable.
    Cloudchaser, Pez, and Phobos, I guess.

It's truly unfortunate.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 1.6 will come out though. Nice for the few thousand that still play i guess.