Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    He can but it is highly unlikely or even possible that he could be resummoned. Arthas killed him originally as a Paladin, then he brought him back with the power of the Sunwell(the strongest source of magic aside from the Well of Eternity can't really get much better than that) and caused it to blow up and separate from the mainland. I highly doubt that you could find an unguarded source of energy that powerful to bring him back again and enough people still around to think it's a good idea to bring him back.
    It's already happened twice already, when he died originally, and then in vanilla Naxxramas. Who is to say it can't happen a third time?

Wow isn't stoping at 100 blizzard even said it's just a number. There is tons of villains out there there is still the titans home work and the old gods home world we have never seen. We have tons of villains on Azeroth to kill as we'll and you for get the countless legion worlds that need save. Wow will still be going when I've quit gaming and that many years from now. Just look at Everquest it's still going and not many ppl play as wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    I still get a good laugh when people think that WoW is stopping at level 100. There is no point to stopping unless they are no longer turning an enormous profit.
    I belive the hard coded level cap is like 255 (or was it 225?. One or the other)

Deleted
    The biggest challenge for devs is that they need to figure out something else instead of new levels, because they feel obligated to give new abilities in new levels. Also it becomes more and more turning off for new players.

Deleted
    He can but it is highly unlikely or even possible that he could be resummoned. Arthas killed him originally as a Paladin, then he brought him back with the power of the Sunwell(the strongest source of magic aside from the Well of Eternity can't really get much better than that) and caused it to blow up and separate from the mainland. I highly doubt that you could find an unguarded source of energy that powerful to bring him back again and enough people still around to think it's a good idea to bring him back.
    The Sunwell was only required to resurrect him as a Lich. Now that's been done he can regenerate any time providing his phylactery is still out there - which it is.

As for future expansions, I'm guessing at least 10 more annual expansions:
    > The Dark Below: with Old Gods vs. The Legion set in a revamped Outland and the Oceans. Azshara as the main villain.
    > The Black Forest: What's under Tirisfal Glades?
    > Wrath of the Lich Queens: Return to Northrend with Sylvanas and Jaina(?) as Lich Queens and Bolvar as a good guy.
    > Shadow of the Nightmare: The Emerald Nightmare is defeated once and for all and N'zoth's dream form is defeated.
    > Chaos of the Elements: Therazane launches an attack on the world of mortals, after watching what they have done to all the other higher powers.
    > Netherwar: The fight against the Legion moves into the Twisting Nether, where the Nathrezim Council can be defeated once and for all.
    > Infinity: The Infinite Dragonflight attempts to rewrite history.
    > The Horizon: New continent on the other side of Azeroth, besieged by the BL.
    > Legion Rising: The fight against the Legion moves to Argus, where Kil'jaeden is defeated.
    > Army of Light: Grand Finale. Back home at Azeroth; Legion, Old Gods, Titans and the meaning of life, the universe and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Arthas is dead, The cult of the Damned Kel'thuzad lead is dead. Bolvar doesn't share the ideals of Kel'thuzad. For all purposes he is dead. INFACT when he died a 2nd time I'm pretty sure he stayed that way or else why wouldn't he of been in Icecrown as a lead up boss to Arthas?

He is dead

- - - Updated - - -

The ONLY villans left are Azshara , N'zoth, Kil'jaeden+ Legion, and Sargeras. Now we may have a potential in the future because of the weekly quests for SoO and the Timewalkers shows Nozdormus Consort dying in a vision with the.... Questgiver standing over her corpse. Leads me to believe the Infinite Flight might not be quite through yet. I mean afterall everyone is funneling timeless trinkets from the Isle to this guy and Nozdormu bronze flgiht lost their control over time when Deathwing was destroyed. Needless to say something big is gonna go down.

Oh Also forgot the Zandalari and the Prophet Zul are still around. A constant threat similar to the Legion and Azshara. The should prolly sit out for awhile gotta hurt to lose the majority of your armies on the Isle of Thunder / other campaigns.
    But that is NOT true, just because Bolvar doesn't want to resurrect him (at this moment) does not mean he's never going to be brought back, it's been explicitly stated that his phylactery is missing and there's definitely still people out there who'd want to bring him back for whatever reason.

It's stupid saying "ONLY" bosses left because it's just not true with the size of the WoW universe

- - - Updated - - -

He got re-summoned from Naxx in vanilla, now that the waters of Pandaria are known to the world, maybe even those waters could be used.

Deleted
    Lich king helmet will corrupt bolvar

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Blizzard only has to keep WoW as their flagship enterprise until 2016 when titan launches. We have room for two more expansions in that timeframe (one to 95, another to 100). After that, Blizzard will no longer need to keep WoW's millions of subs and they can proceed to leave a smaller team to update the game while everyone else works on new titles in the Warcraft franchise..
    how do people like this exist?

what you are suggesting is business suicide, lets hope you never run one.

1st: we have no idea WHAT titan is or about or its playstyle all we know is that its an mmo

2nd: you are assuming that the demographics of titan will align perfectly with titan as it does wow, lets assume that titan will be sci fi in this scenario it would be like assuming everyone who ever watched star wars is a huge harry potter fan, we have no idea what the demographic will be

3rd: you are assuming everyone who plays wow is waiting on titan and that titans instal base is all wow players, this is entirely incorrect, the majority of wow players dont even go on the forums they probably dont even know what titan is

4th: the majority of wow players have never played another mmo, they only know what wow is because wow became mainstream they likely have no interest in playing another new mmo

5th: you are assuming that either everyone will abandon their characters or that titan will continue their progress. i dont know about you but the majority of people would quit wow if they woke up to find their main was permanently gone, most people arent willing to start over from scratch in some place new. this is part of the reasons death knights were so much more popular than monks

6th: blizzard has said themselves that titan isnt going to be subscription based

and finally

7TH: TITAN GOT RESET, IT AINT COMIN OUT FOR A REAL LONG TIME AND MOST OF ITS DEVS MOVED TO STARCRAFT DIABLO WOW HEARTHSTONE AND ALL STARS.

so yeah even if all 6 of you points were right number 7 invalidates ALL of them
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-09-29 at 11:14 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember because your the main antagonist doesn't mean your the strongest.

Take Transformers for example, We all know Megatron is the anatagonist, but Unicron is even stronger.

Sargeras may be the main antagonist, but N'Zoth could be even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    It unlikely to make a wpn so they don't have to update leveling items for 3-4 years? Really? tell me whats more logical Doing two 5 level expacs then doing a lvl 10 one or continue the trend? Some ppl hate leveling 5 levels makes the gap appear artifically smaller. Why would they NOT have you be lvl 100 in two expacs vs 110.
    your argument about continuing the trend isnt valid. if they wanted to return to a 10 level expansion they HAD to make this one a 5 level expansion first to make it even again since one of the main complaints about only 5 levels is that odd numbers make people uncomfortable.

now IF next expansion is 5 levels THEN there is a trend but if they make it 10 levels then they were simply restoring it back to even numbers again.

and even if there were a trend then yes, it still makes more sense to break it because offering weapons that work for two entire expansions takes away a reward they can use again, why give us a weapon for 2 expansions when they can make new weapons as an incentive to make people raid more in the last patch?

why would i care about raiding the last patch of an expansion if i can do a raid from the last one and be all set for the next one. makes no sense
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    Leveling wise, I think 100 would be a good place to stop at, however, this only leaves 2 more expansions for World of Warcraft. Of course, they could do something to streamline the leveling system at some point, including stopping the inflation of ilevels and stats. We'll have to see.
    What the hell is wrong with people? There is no magical level 100 end to WoW, and there are lot more than 2 expansions coming.

Also the heirloom weapons from Garrosh points towards next expansion having 10 levels going to 100 instead of 95 (also blue posts have said multiple times Blizz thinks 5 levels is not as good as 10).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    What the hell is wrong with people? There is no magical level 100 end to WoW, and there are lot more than 2 expansions coming.

Also the heirloom weapons from Garrosh points towards next expansion having 10 levels going to 100 instead of 95 (also blue posts have said multiple times Blizz thinks 5 levels is not as good as 10).
    I thought he was just saying that it would be good to stop leveling at 100. Which I agree. 100 may be just a number, but it's a very daunting number and much more than that is going to put new players off imo. So it would be better to stop at round about there and instead introduce say Path of the Titans as a paragon leveling system or have a chapter system for progression.

I doubt that the level cap will ever be lowered though simply because "Level cap lowered to level 60" doesn't really make for a great selling point of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I thought he was just saying that it would be good to stop leveling at 100. Which I agree.
    No, read the whole first sentence. The OP seems to be one of those special kinds of fools who think the game inevitably ends at level 100 ("that leaves only 2 more expansions") and there's nothing anybody in the world can do to prevent it.

And yes, the game has way too many levels for new players and there's something Blizzard must do really soon to fix it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    I still get a good laugh when people think that WoW is stopping at level 100. There is no point to stopping unless they are no longer turning an enormous profit.
    I laugh when people think that wow will last forever. We still have at least 3-4 years to reach level 100.
    And I laugh if you think there will still be many people left with the increasingly shrinking subs.
    Level 100 is the perfect timing to conclude wow's 1st stage. And why do we need to kill Sageras and all villains in wow? We don't and we can leave them to next wow stage. just like we didn't kill Arthas in WC3 TFT and let him lead in wow.
    Blizzard may come with wow2 when they have new ideas and technologies few years later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    Wow isn't stoping at 100 blizzard even said it's just a number. There is tons of villains out there there is still the titans home work and the old gods home world we have never seen. We have tons of villains on Azeroth to kill as we'll and you for get the countless legion worlds that need save. Wow will still be going when I've quit gaming and that many years from now. Just look at Everquest it's still going and not many ppl play as wow.
    Why do you want to kill all villains? to close the whole warcraft universe story in wow?

I personally prefer to see wow2, wow3 later, with new technologies and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I laugh when people think that wow will last forever. We still have at least 3-4 years to reach level 100.
    It'll be level 100 next year. Everything points to next expansion being 10 levels again.

Blizzard may come with wow2 when they have new ideas and technologies few years later.
    Anybody in Activision-Blizzard seriously suggesting "let's shut down wow and make a sequel" will get fired in about two seconds for being the biggest moron the industry has ever seen. Sequels of MMORPGs have been failures so far so there's pretty damn good historical reason not to try.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-09-29 at 01:38 PM.
    Trolling should be.

Anybody in Activision-Blizzard seriously suggesting "let's shut down wow and make a sequel" will get fired in about two seconds for being the biggest moron the industry has ever seen.
    The biggest moron will be the one who spends more resource on a 10 year old dead game, and doesn't invest or R&D for more profitable future market.

The biggest moron will be the one who spends more resource on a 10 year old dead game, and doesn't invest or R&D for more profitable future market.
    WoW which makes the company hundreds of millions free money every year is what allows Blizzard to pay wages for the people who are developing those new games for the future (like "titan"). Shutting it down would be the most retarded business decision in the history of mankind.

Surely nobody is stupid enough to not understand something as basic as that.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    And I laugh if you think there will still be many people left with the increasingly shrinking subs.
    Level 100 is the perfect timing to conclude wow's 1st stage. And why do we need to kill Sageras and all villains in wow? We don't and we can leave them to next wow stage. just like we didn't kill Arthas in WC3 TFT and let him lead in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you want to kill all villains? to close the whole warcraft universe story in wow?

I personally prefer to see wow2, wow3 later, with new technologies and ideas.
    Next expansion will be level 100 mark my words. And even if it's not, WoW still has a good 10 years left in it's current format imo, and even after that it will likely live on as F2P. Just to put things into perspective most MMO's are lucky to get 1 million subs. WoW has over 7 million. Even if WoW loses a million subs a year it'll still be 6 years before Blizzard even considers making WoW F2P. And after that it will probably keep going for that amount again. I would wager WoW has another 12 years minimum, and I would be happy saying it will last for another 16.

WoW which makes the company hundreds of millions free money every year is what allows Blizzard to pay wages for the people who are developing those new games for the future (like "titan"). Shutting it down would be the most retarded business decision in the history of mankind.

Surely nobody is stupid enough to not understand something as basic as that.
    Stop making new expansion =/= shutting down the servers.
    SC: Brood War lasted over 10 years without new expansion, you can still play it if you want to.
    That doesn't mean Blizzard would still spend time and money on that game.
    Business is business, when there is new more profitable stuff, you invest your money there, not on some old dead stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Next expansion will be level 100 mark my words. And even if it's not, WoW still has a good 10 years left in it's current format imo, and even after that it will likely live on as F2P. Just to put things into perspective most MMO's are lucky to get 1 million subs. WoW has over 7 million. Even if WoW loses a million subs a year it'll still be 6 years before Blizzard even considers making WoW F2P. And after that it will probably keep going for that amount again. I would wager WoW has another 12 years minimum, and I would be happy saying it will last for another 16.
    16 years? really? lol

Get some facts first: Google is a 15 year old company. Facebook is 9 year old. Twitter is 7 year old.
    Microsft is not too old either, 38 years. But how much of its business has already been taken by those said companies?

Nokia was the world's leader like what, 3-5 years ago? And where is it now?

Leading the everchanging gaming, internet, entertainment industry by stucking at the same game for another 16 years? Are you kidding me and expect blizzard's consumers and competitors to be morons?

Anything can happen in 16 years in this industry. Blizzard may not even exist by then, and facebook will become deadbook if it doesn't change.
    This is internet, if you stop innovation today, you will be dead tomorrow.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2013-09-29 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post

Leveling wise, I think 100 would be a good place to stop at, however, this only leaves 2 more expansions for World of Warcraft.
    Wow anyone else kinda freaked out by that number? 100. That makes me feel like that needs to be the end but i dont want it to be though. I wish they would do some sort of lvl number squish or something ._. I dont want to start a toon when lvl cap is 135 and feel like i have another 134 levels to go they need to address that before it gets even more out of hand

But personally for the whole expansion thing, i want to see a new land mass 50% bigger than panda land added in the back of azeroth. you can say it dosnt exist but if its more story and content ($$) blizz could always add. I do however think its about time for another Burning Crusade type x pack one which does not end with the story of Sar but maybe perma death of KJ?