Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I wonder if ever we are going to get back old WoW

Clearly when you look back everything you had to do in Vanilla, BTC and Wrath was hard, but still everyone loved it and ended up telling their RL friends and had them switch to or try WoW, I think after wrath things got allot more simpler and people didn't find any challenge in doing normal dungeons or group quests, I often wonder what if Blizzard decided that now is a good time to bring those back, now that they don't have to answer to Vivendi anymore, would this also be the reason they are stopping D3 RMAH?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Never.

There is challenge to be found and I don't understand why people say there isn't. There is challenge mode. Endless Proving Grounds. Heroic scenarios. Heroic raids. Solo'ing rares and elites. It's everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    We won't get back to old WoW unless we can wipe your memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF they ever actually devoted time and servers to that, I really doubt they'd ever do it until expansions were long over with, the number of realms have been cut back a lot, and there wasn't much else to hold player's attention. (But who really wants to see those sad days come.) At this point in time I can't see them doing that. If ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Never.

There is challenge to be found and I don't understand why people say there isn't. There is challenge mode. Endless Proving Grounds. Heroic scenarios. Heroic raids. Solo'ing rares and elites. It's everywhere.
    aint nobody got time for 505 different version of the same thing
    havent tested proving grounds yet, but as far as I know its pointless
    as for rares and scenarios, ure joking right

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Clearly when you look back everything was hard
    Hard is challenging. Hard is not tedious, grindy, time-consuming, and repetetive.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

For what I understand Blizzard HATES old World of Warcraft,
    cause it was made by different people that are no longer with the company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Clearly when you look back everything you had to do in Vanilla, BTC and Wrath was hard, but still everyone loved it and ended up telling their RL friends and had them switch to or try WoW, I think after wrath things got allot more simpler and people didn't find any challenge in doing normal dungeons or group quests.
    I seriously hope not. Why would they take 2 steps backward? The thing is at this point in the games life it would be stupid to go back to "the good old days". The game is old, and remember what happened when they did try and make things harder in Cata? People whined and bitched about it. The game is old and no matter how challenging it is people move on.

I often wonder what if Blizzard decided that now is a good time to bring those back, now that they don't have to answer to Vivendi anymore, would this also be the reason they are stopping D3 RMAH?
    Also, unless something has happened in the past week or two. Vivendi still owns Blizzard even though the announcement to end the RMAH while still under Vivendi control, so no I doubt that has anything to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if the story wrapped up in the same place it begins. You have to solo fill into a raid to defend your home city (like the battle in Gilneas) and the game ends with you defending your own home city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    aint nobody got time for 505 different version of the same thing
    havent tested proving grounds yet, but as far as I know its pointless
    as for rares and scenarios, ure joking right
    You can challenge yourself with these things. If you choose to enter content over-geared for it, well, nothing can solve that, not even "going back to the old game".

Quote Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
    For what I understand Blizzard HATES old World of Warcraft,
    cause it was made by different people that are no longer with the company.
    It has nothing to do with that. Nor does it have anything to do with Vivendi. The audience of MMO's changed and so WoW changed with it. Simple as that.

Nearly every single day we have a new thread or a necro'd old thread glorifying vanilla/BC and asking "When will blizzard get the picture/it return" and honestly, there's no answer for you other than "never."

Blizzard didn't switch over to making daily and non-raiding content easier because "so many of our subscribers are sticking around for all this difficulty, yay!" They changed things because subs were leaving by the drove and it's their opinion that for those people "the game has just gotten too old and they've moved on."

If you make even heroic dungeons hard, the sub count would plummet like the stock markets of 1928.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

No, and for the same reason we do not go back to getting around on a horse and buggy rather than automobiles and buses.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly when you look back everything you had to do in Vanilla, BTC and Wrath was hard, but still everyone loved it and ended up telling their RL friends and had them switch to or try WoW...
    World of Warcraft was never this game. I honestly don't know why people expose their lack of....whatever....by continuing to repeat it.

As a general rule these days telling your real life friends about WoW is pointless. If they are into PC games, a good friend, and you've been playing WoW for close to 10 years, they probably have already heard about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think after wrath things got allot more simpler
    You're so funny

Clearly when you look back everything you had to do in Vanilla, BTC and Wrath was hard, but still everyone loved it and ended up telling their RL friends and had them switch to or try WoW
    It was absolute childs play compared to its contemporaries at the time, in every single respect. And no, old school MMO game design isn't coming back, as we still have a ton of players who seem to actually dislike the fundamental aspects of RPGs, yet are in love with the myth that a game devoid of risk, decision making, and consequence somehow equals a game worth playing consistently over a long period of time.

And you have developers listening to these players.

And other developers trying to chase WoW peak sub numbers.

tl;dr: Kiss it goodbye.

Deleted
    Clearly when you look back everything you had to do in Vanilla, BTC and Wrath was hard, but still everyone loved it and ended up telling their RL friends and had them switch to or try WoW, I think after wrath things got allot more simpler and people didn't find any challenge in doing normal dungeons or group quests, I often wonder what if Blizzard decided that now is a good time to bring those back, now that they don't have to answer to Vivendi anymore, would this also be the reason they are stopping D3 RMAH?
    I'm sorry but did you say that things got simpler after Wrath? It was in Wrath that heroic dungeons became a joke, it was in Wrath people became able to skip old raid tiers and jump right on to the current one, it was in Wrath heirlooms were introduced, it was in Wrath group quests were removed. I'm sure we can find lots more examples of how Wrath made the game easier.

Also what Darsithis said is very true as well, there is challenge in the game for those who seek it, Blizzard simply added options for those who preferred something easier.

They tried going back to a Vanilla style system with the Timeless Isle.... and guess what. People complain about it just as much as anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly when you look back everything you had to do in Vanilla, BTC and Wrath was hard, but still everyone loved it and ended up telling their RL friends and had them switch to or try WoW
    What? Which universe did this take place in cause it sure as hell wasn't this one.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Wrath was hard
    Nostalgia overload, please call help!

Sorry, but nothing about Wrath was hard, maybe except for a few select hardmodes like Firefighter, Yogg 0, Algalon and LK, but even then the expansion still evens out as the single easiest expansion ever. Not only in raids, even if you were just running heroics epics were constantly thrown in your face, whether you wanted them or not, all for doing nothing but AoE'ing tons of trash mobs in both heroics and raids, not to mention the incredibly easy fights like Marrowgar, Gunship, Deathbringer, Valithria and many others even before ICC. Wrath was the beginning and the peak of things being extremely easy, if I, someone who has always just been a casual player, can go 11/12 HC in the expansion's final raid, then something is terribly wrong. Don't let memories fool yourself with that, Wrath was extremely easy to get through, and that was also the main complain about the expansion.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-09-27 at 08:25 PM.