Deleted

<Question><AsRock 970 Pro> Where is VGA Share Memory Size

Heya,

I recently change to Asrock 970 pro 3, and with that mainboard the look of bios change, from the standard dos one, to the more user friendly with mouse.

Screenshot below.

On standard bios aka the old dos one, i could go to Advanced Chipset Features or other simillar things.

Unfortunatelly i cannot find something like this.

I am interested in finding VGA Share Memory Size, unfortunatelly i cannot find it.

It would be awesome if anyone of your could hint me to it's location.

Thanks for the answer,

Cheers,
    Sew

15+ Year Old Account
    The AMD 970 chipset does not have onboard graphics, and as such there will be no option in the bios to set the vga share memory...
    Why would you want to set a VGA share memory size when you have a dedicated graphics card? That is only for integrated graphics.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    The AMD 970 chipset does not have onboard graphics, and as such there will be no option in the bios to set the vga share memory...
    Why would you want to set a VGA share memory size when you have a dedicated graphics card? That is only for integrated graphics.
    I have geforce 560 ti, my total graphic card memory is 4050.

My dedicated graphic memory is only 1024, so is i wanted to change that in bios.

So i wanted to take some of my shared graphic card memory.

I am kinda sick of that the stutters in some games because of the lack of vram.

Unfortunatelly i change graphic card to asrock, what i did it, is beyond me.

If i knew the asrock didn't have proper bios, i wouldn't do it. But i have never suspected that this is the case. I never have thought that i should look for things like this.

Either, the case, that was my reasoning.

I hope you get my reasoning

Cheers,
    Sew

10+ Year Old Account
    As Biernot said, "the shared memory setting is for integrated graphics." If you require more vram you must buy a gpu that has more.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2013-09-29 at 08:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I have geforce 560 ti, my total graphic card memory is 4050.

My dedicated graphic memory is only 1024, so is i wanted to change that in bios.

So i wanted to take some of my shared graphic card memory.

I am kinda sick of that the stutters in some games because of the lack of vram.

Unfortunatelly i change graphic card to asrock, what i did it, is beyond me.

If i knew the asrock didn't have proper bios, i wouldn't do it. But i have never suspected that this is the case. I never have thought that i should look for things like this.

Either, the case, that was my reasoning.

I hope you get my reasoning

Cheers,
    Sew
    The 560 Ti only has 1024MB VRAM because it doesn't really need any more. If you get to a point, where you would need more, then the gpu wouldn't be fast enough to really take advantage of it. The only game where you maybe could take advantage of it is a modded Skyrim. In basically all other games you would hit the gpu limit rather than the VRAM limit.

If your graphics driver (or whatever) says, that you have a total of 4GB VRAM shared, then this is most likely the driver which allocates some of your normal RAM for swap purposes (kinda like the page file for windows or the swap partition for linux). When you experience stutter, then this is probably already the cause (using part of your normal ram as a swap for VRAM), because normal ram is quite a bit slower than dedicated VRAM on your card.

The only option to get rid of that stutter (if the cause is the lack of vram), is to get a new card with more VRAM.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet