Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    Make the deserter buff (most important) PLAY-time, 1 hour and a 100% buff when you leave yourself (not only before you killed your first boss) and it will fix a lot.

With the play-time thing that will prevent just logging an alt for the time and people will actually think before they leave..now tank 1 leaves on 2nd boss...other tank/healers calculate waiting time against instant cue in another group giving the original group a 95% disband.
    Great way to gets tanks and healers to just give up on LFR entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    A fix that sounds good to me, but I imagine would be extremely difficult to implement would be - if you queue as a party and someone from your party leaves within the first 10 minutes, your entire party gets kicked out of the LFR and everyone gets an hour deserter debuff.
    So extremely difficult to implement, that they've already done it an expansion ago. This feature has been in the game for ages.

15+ Year Old Account
    everyone leaves when its a fail grp, you only notice it on tanks and healers because it takes more time to find others.

"Have fun getting tanks with that logic". I'll rather have 5 tanks to use that dont leave then 50000 that leaves but maybe thats just me. Luckily I dont LFR (last time was in cata) and I will never set my foot in one either due to the toxic mentality and obnoxious people that usually do LFR. And I'm only critizising those that join and leave after one pull if they pull at all before leaving. Leaving after wiping 3 times is fine to me since obviously the group is not focused or good enough for it, done it on all my chars after that limit (warrior priest warlock mage) so yes I have played all roles. I like the idea of a longer deserter debuff but how it should be implemented is beyond me. Perhaps having it at 2hours and you wont get it if you have spent more than XX minutes in the raid could work in some way. I dont care really seeing how I'm not part of the lot that uses LFR I'm just suggesting and discussing the topic and how it perhaps could work for a less toxic playerbase that everyone wins on in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    LFR is shit when over half of the DPS is pulling sub 50k dps.
    Yeah, before starting to do any drastic measures on the leavers end, they need to implement something to prevent people who can't pull any dps from entering. Proving grounds - LFR edition, where all you have to do is produce 2/3 DPS possible for your current gear for 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    Make the deserter buff (most important) PLAY-time, 1 hour and a 100% buff when you leave yourself (not only before you killed your first boss) and it will fix a lot.

With the play-time thing that will prevent just logging an alt for the time and people will actually think before they leave..now tank 1 leaves on 2nd boss...other tank/healers calculate waiting time against instant cue in another group giving the original group a 95% disband.
    Shame those healers just fucks them self over time wise, instead of learning how things works, huh?
    They can queue for another place, hoping there's tanks faster there, but the ongoing group is the first of all to get a new tank. No new group for that instance is formed at all before that one is running again (except just one tank is missing and a party with two tanks queue up).
    Never had a lfr disband. I just sit in there and wait. Even did it once with just 4 left. At some point a full group came in and we went on.

OP should honestly stop QQing and go tank himself, and see how much he wouldn't want to inconvenience people. I'm almost certain he drops out the second he got the bosses he needs :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    And while we're at it, let's ban hybrids from queuing as DPS, that'd help with the super long wait times for tanks too yknow?
    On the off chance you're serious (and not sarcastic), it wouldn't make me tank LFR anyway - I would either give up on running it with hybrids, or if I -really- need something from there, queue as tank or healer, and still go dps - sure, it'd make me a selfish jerk*, but I could do it nevertheless. Of course, I'd likely get kicked after single boss (if the raid would succeed with killing it anyway), but could (with some luck) get there one boss at a time... or Blizzard would be forced to change it because of repeated failures caused by dps-specced hybrids queue'ing as tanks or healers.

*My stance is, that I strive to be fair, when I consider others being fair with me. If they don't, I don't feel like I owe them anything, being "fair" included, either (and trying to force me into a role would clearly count as unfair in my book).

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    People need to not give tanks such a hard time too.
    As nice as that'd be, alas, I don't believe it's ever gonna happen, so the lack of tanks/healers, and the queues are there to stay.
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2013-10-01 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    On the off chance you're serious (and not sarcastic), it wouldn't make me tank LFR anyway - I would either give up on running it with hybrids, or if I -really- need something from there, queue as tank or healer, and still go dps - sure, it'd make me a selfish jerk*, but I could do it nevertheless. Of course, I'd likely get kicked after single boss (if the raid would succeed with killing it anyway), but could (with some luck) get there one boss at a time... or Blizzard would be forced to change it because of repeated failures caused by dps-specced hybrids queue'ing as tanks or healers.
    No, I wasn't serious. I'd be the last one to try and force a role on someone. Who am I to dictate anyone how to play (as long as it doesn't ruin experience for another 24 players).
    But, if they were to implement something like this, they'd have to make sure gearing for tanks and healers would be easier and that you could queue only for role you are currently specced for and block you from speccing out of it (the tech for that is already in place - you can't swap specs when BG is in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    you could queue only for role you are currently specced for and block you from speccing out of it
    This would really be a welcomed change. You have to go what you sign as. I mostly say yey for random bgs to that but would be so useful for all kinds of PvE in group.

As people have said, they need to figure out a way to make LFR not a painful endeavor before they go fixing any desertion debuff issues. The problem isn't people leaving - it's WHY they're leaving.

I remember back in dragon soul.

I was on my warrior tank in full heroic ds gear doing LFR Ultraxion. For those that don't know which I assume is probably most of the people complaining in this thread about tanks since it is always the people with no idea raging Ultraxion puts a debuff on the tank that will instant kill them. To avoid death the tank must enter the twilight realm during which time they disappear from the raid and Ultraxion switches to the next highest target on threat.

So fight begins other tank gets instant kill debuff, does not hit heroic will to counter ... dead. Battle rez, all is good. Ok I have the debuff so I hit heroic will to stop myself from dying. 10 seconds later the top 4 dps and ironically the people doing over 30% total damage to the boss are dead. Turns out other tank just went afk.

No one battle rezes, people are yelling at me for losing agro. Ok so you can kind of get around this by using heroic will at the absolute last min but its risky since I am on an Australian connection with 220 ping. So I do this for the rest of the encounter losing only 1 more dps but it does not matter the damage is done. Without those top dpsers pulling everyone across the line we extend in to the lfr style 'omg high raid damage' which would have been countered if the healers picked up the healing bonus crystals.

And we wipe. So what do you think happens here?

Have a go at the tank that failed with the debuff then went afk... nope
    Have a go at the healers for not picking up healing crystals ... nope
    Have a go at the dps that are basically just auto attacking the boss ... nope
    Have a go at the people that did not battle rez the dead top dps ... nope

It is my fault. Comments fly regarding my personal life, sexuality, playing ability etc. Ironically the two highest dps before they died try to point out what happened but its for null. No logic can withstand the self assured rage of the standard LFR player. Soon after I am kicked from the group.

This is why very few decent tanks will do lfr except when helping friends. The problem is not the tanks, its you lfr players with no knowledge of the fight or how people died in the last attempt waving your fingers around accusing everyone else of being the problem. The problem is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Arrive in downtown Org. Tank goes berzerk, pulls all trash, teleports out. 15-20 minutes before people stop dying to the trash as they zone in.

Other tank was AFK. Kick after 14 minutes AFK.

20-30 minutes wait for more tanks. 1 pull. Fail. One tank leaves.

10-15 minutes wait for another tank. 1 pull. Fail. One tank leaves.

10-15 minutes wait for another tank. 1 pull. Fail. Both tanks leave.

Group slowly falls apart. Close enough to reset that LFR queues are probably broken now.

Yes, the ability to kick and ban more DPS would certainly have fixed all of these problems. Oh wait it would have fixed absolutely zero of them.
    As a tank I don't waste my time if DPS are under 70K on a single target fight and under 100k in a cleave fight. There is just no excuse for it in current gear levels. For example Galakras or whatever the hell the dragons name is gets 2 wipes before i drop group, Iron Juggernaut gets 1 (easy tank and spank), Dark shammy's I ll give 3 maybe 4 if 3rd was close, Nazgrim gets 2, one for all the morons who dps during defensive stance to wipe the group and one for them to fix their stupidity. I hate it when people do not listen to someone wearing Flex/ Normal gear from the exact encounter their doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    I remember back in dragon soul.

I was on my warrior tank in full heroic ds gear doing LFR Ultraxion. For those that don't know which I assume is probably most of the people complaining in this thread about tanks since it is always the people with no idea raging Ultraxion puts a debuff on the tank that will instant kill them. To avoid death the tank must enter the twilight realm during which time they disappear from the raid and Ultraxion switches to the next highest target on threat.

So fight begins other tank gets instant kill debuff, does not hit heroic will to counter ... dead. Battle rez, all is good. Ok I have the debuff so I hit heroic will to stop myself from dying. 10 seconds later the top 4 dps and ironically the people doing over 30% total damage to the boss are dead. Turns out other tank just went afk.

No one battle rezes, people are yelling at me for losing agro. Ok so you can kind of get around this by using heroic will at the absolute last min but its risky since I am on an Australian connection with 220 ping. So I do this for the rest of the encounter losing only 1 more dps but it does not matter the damage is done. Without those top dpsers pulling everyone across the line we extend in to the lfr style 'omg high raid damage' which would have been countered if the healers picked up the healing bonus crystals.

And we wipe. So what do you think happens here?

Have a go at the tank that failed with the debuff then went afk... nope
    Have a go at the healers for not picking up healing crystals ... nope
    Have a go at the dps that are basically just auto attacking the boss ... nope
    Have a go at the people that did not battle rez the dead top dps ... nope

It is my fault. Comments fly regarding my personal life, sexuality, playing ability etc. Ironically the two highest dps before they died try to point out what happened but its for null. No logic can withstand the self assured rage of the standard LFR player. Soon after I am kicked from the group.

This is why very few decent tanks will do lfr except when helping friends. The problem is not the tanks, its you lfr players with no knowledge of the fight or how people died in the last attempt waving your fingers around accusing everyone else of being the problem. The problem is you.
    Bravo, Sir I applaud you. This is exactly how I feel when wasting my time in LFR on my monk tanking, I love playing him and need a few pieces to fill out my gear and LFR is best place for them, but the LFR community is so Toxic and idiotic I cannot stand to do them.

Just get rid of lfr and let the casuals quit for something easier, like Minesweeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyclro View Post
    Just get rid of lfr and let the casuals quit for something easier, like Minesweeper.
    IDK that shit is pretty tough.

Everyone has been in lfrs where the tank or healer or dps are to blame. The simplest solution is to change how lfrs are designed, allow dps to fill the role of heals and tank, they can acquire tank/heal buffs through the fight mechanics. If you do manage to get legit healers/tanks in your group the raid is perfromed as normal but if not the raid is executed under the new mechanics, then the majority of players dont have to wait in hour long queues, wipe endlessly and be forced into the requeue mini game. The new design will force people into learning - which could ultimately be confusing and time consuming - but I think this could be very fun and an alternative to the frustrations occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    Everyone has been in lfrs where the tank or healer or dps are to blame. The simplest solution is to change how lfrs are designed, allow dps to fill the role of heals and tank, they can acquire tank/heal buffs through the fight mechanics. If you do manage to get legit healers/tanks in your group the raid is perfromed as normal but if not the raid is executed under the new mechanics, then the majority of players dont have to wait in hour long queues, wipe endlessly and be forced into the requeue mini game. The new design will force people into learning - which could ultimately be confusing and time consuming - but I think this could be very fun and an alternative to the frustrations occurring.
    This is called Proving Grounds.

Other than not wanting to do LFR because I could do a guild alt run normal or flex and make sure that the people doing it aren't fully mental and incompetent, the main reason is because people just queue up and don't spend just 5 minutes to learn the fight. There is so many different places to learn the mechanics and the strategy for the fights. I understand that it's LFR, and it's a dumbed down version of the raids... but look at stuff like Dark Shaman and General Nazgrim. I've seen so many posts about people complaining about those fights because of their difficulty. GUESS WHAT, DO THE MECHANICS AND FIGHT PROPERLY, IT'S NOT HARD.

Also, please learn how to play your class. I'm so tired of seeing people doing wrath of the lich king dps at level 90. It's terrible, and makes you look like an idiot, and makes people not want to do shit like LFR because you're there to just auto attack afk and collect gold.

Since the patch I've run Flex much more than I've hit LFR. I've hit each LFR wing that's been released exactly once just to see what they did to make it AFK friendly.

As far as I'm concerned, LFR can diaf. I'll stick to Flex with OpenRaid.

Because the time it takes to replace a DPS is like .0002 sec and the time to replace a tank is 10-60 minutes.
    Did anyone ever tell you that you're a fucking genius?

Problem: Too few tanks in queue.

Solution: Make those that leave unable to queue again for a week, thus reducing further the number of tanks in queue.

IT'S SO OBVIOUS! BLIZZARD HIRE THIS MAN NOW!
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    It doesn't take 10-60 to replace a tank, what the hell are you on? The groups I'm in as a tank, and the other one leaves, then we wait like 2-3 min
    I've had a few this week where after 40 minutes, it finally broke apart (twice). Previous tiers, 2-3 minutes always. Normally, we are waiting on healers. 2/2 3/6 17/17 ish.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or, I dunno, 1 day the first time, and if you get a deserter debuff again within a week, 7 days.

I would be fine with a long debuff for healers too.
    Extra punishment for tanks and healers for being stuck with morons in LFR? Yeah... ok. The majority of players that go into LFR are the exact reason I refuse to do LFR.