Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Garrosh BOA weapons

Hiya,

Just a question regarding those BOA weapons from Garrosh. I understood that your first will will always drop the one that is for your current loot spec, and subsequent kills have lower chance on any boa weapon from the loot table.

Now i wondered how that works regarding Flex and Normals. Im in a very casual guild, raiding 6 hours a week, (2x 3 hours)
    We've currently cleared 10/14, hoping/expecting to end at 12 this week.

Next week Flex will be available for the final wing, before we will have killed it on normal.

If i join a group for Flex, last wing, i will get the Boa weapon for my spec in Flex level. Does that ruin my guaranteed drop from first normal kill? In that case I should not kill Garrosh in Flex, because i want that weapon from normal difficulty.
    (Not sure I will do that anyway, i prefer to have done a boss on normal before reverting to Flex, but that's besides the point. I would like to be certain on the boa weapons before killing Flex.)

Or is there a new 100% chance for every difficulty level you do the fight at?

Thanks for any information you could give me.

Deleted
    heroic 1st Garrrosh weapon drop = your spec
    normal 1st weapon drop = your spec
    Flexi 1st weapon drop = your spec
    LFr 1st weapon drop = your spec

There was GC tweet about it a few days ago "So HC raiders don't skip normal Garrosh kills in hopes for the hc weapon"

I'm not sure about your premise. What does this mean? "I understood that your first will will always drop the one".

If you mean that your first kill will drop a BoA guaranteed, you are sadly mistaken. It is still only a low chance to drop, BUT the first to drop will be for your loot spec.
    Here you go: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1345

Basically, NO GUARANTEED BOA on your first kill. Hope that clears it up.
    Mew!

Just a warning as fury warrior a 1H heirloom can drop instead of a 2H.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You may be able to ticket that however, but that would be highly annoying as for some these will be their BiS items and if the subsequent kills are all "chance on other specs/classes" that might take some time to get another 1h to go DW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies. I indeed was under the impression that your first kill would always be rewarded with a boa weapon.

And thanks for the clarification on the different levels too.

Then just change your loot spec to arms. Same for frost DKs wanting a 2h; swap to unholy loot spec.

i do really like the idea of heirlooms to carry you through the next expansion from the last boss of the current expansion

i hope they continue it forwards, it always disappointed me having to drop my super cool looking epic weapon (with expensive enchant on it), for a green from the first quest of the new expansion (ok, maybe not the first quest)

it also gives people a reason to come back to kill the boss on heroic after they've levelled in the new expansion, it's like going back to sunwell for the transmog gear, but more practical.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    heroic 1st Garrrosh weapon drop = your spec
    normal 1st weapon drop = your spec
    Flexi 1st weapon drop = your spec
    LFr 1st weapon drop = your spec

There was GC tweet about it a few days ago "So HC raiders don't skip normal Garrosh kills in hopes for the hc weapon"
    It will not drop in LFR though. Im not even sure that it will drop in flex!?

EDIT. Wrong of me, it can infact drop in flex aswell. ilvl 548.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i do really like the idea of heirlooms to carry you through the next expansion from the last boss of the current expansion

i hope they continue it forwards, it always disappointed me having to drop my super cool looking epic weapon (with expensive enchant on it), for a green from the first quest of the new expansion (ok, maybe not the first quest)

it also gives people a reason to come back to kill the boss on heroic after they've levelled in the new expansion, it's like going back to sunwell for the transmog gear, but more practical.
    I cannot remember the last time I leveled at the start of the expan and swapped my weapon that same day. Most people I know hit 70 / 80 / 85 and 90 (if not everyone) replaced their weapons well late into the expan. and never was a green!

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot remember the last time I leveled at the start of the expan and swapped my weapon that same day. Most people I know hit 70 / 80 / 85 and 90 (if not everyone) replaced their weapons well late into the expan. and never was a green!
    wasn't there a world drop blue that was better than shadowmourne available at 81
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    wasn't there a world drop blue that was better than shadowmourne available at 81
    prolly was but the fact it was a world drop and the fact it was 81 still wouldnt merit paying for it to level if your SM can hold up a pretty good level. I wasn't even BiS at the end of wrath but my gear lasted until upuntil stonecore I believe and my weapons where good until questing in Uldum

I think there was a decent 2h, but people didn't replace Shadowmourne until the lvl 84 blue from the Trial in Twilight Highlands afaik

Does anyone know if you can bonus roll for them?

depends how hardcore you were raiding in the previous expansion really, if you miss the last tier, you almost definitely will pick up the first weapon to cross your path. it's especially true for alts.

it also dangles a carrot for more casual players to try flex instead of LFR
    <insert witty signature here>

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't a Titan's Grip Fury or a 2H Frost just set their current loot to Arms/Unholy, respectively, to guarantee a 2H if that's what they wanted?

- - - Updated - - -

The MoP world drop blues had hilariously wonky iLvLs vs the required level to equip. Blizz did such a bang-up job on that one that they never anticipated level 80 prot pallies soloing heroic LK or anything because of it.

So, depending on if they do something similar next expac will determine if the heirlooms will be decent or not.

The question I have, and still have, is if they are BiS slot at the end of this expac, which makes sense, will they be downscaled to roughly a level 91 blue when you hit 91, since that is what heirloom weapons traditionally are comparible to. Or will they remain the same OP'd BiS for every level until 95?
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-10-03 at 02:45 PM.

Has anything been said about the drop rates? We've killed Garrosh three times now and have yet to see a single person in our raid receive an heirloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Omenien View Post
    Has anything been said about the drop rates? We've killed Garrosh three times now and have yet to see a single person in our raid receive an heirloom.
    We kill garrosh twice every week (10man both) and we had 8 total, its not a paticurely high droprate.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    the heirloom weapons are not in the loot table for LFR, are you sure they can drop there?
    They can't

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Couldn't a Titan's Grip Fury or a 2H Frost just set their current loot to Arms/Unholy, respectively, to guarantee a 2H if that's what they wanted?
    They can and they should

If you think the drop rates are low our 25 clears have resulted in 1, 1, 2 BoA drops for the last 3 weeks. A small pool but more data to contribute.