Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Depends on reasons for it. Can be anything from mind at ease/being relieved about it to feeling really bad about it and being really emotional, feeling guilt, regret and other negative emotions.
    Hey that's very true.
    That's why, in this particular case I wouldn't jump on conclusions.
    A girl with issues in the past aborting her own kid due to external pressure? Mmmmmh no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That link doesn't actually specify anything but sure if you think the
    Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health
    Is wrong and you're right FairPlay to you.

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually fucking ridiculous. Do you realize how ridiculous this is?
    You actually said a -fact- is not true because Wikipedia doesn't say it (even though I'm sure if I look on it I can find it).
    Is this a joke or something?
    Look, if you had a gun, but your hand is broken, you cannot use the gun, despite it being fully functional. It's late, I'm tired now after a long day, and I actually tried to find your link to said association again to see if you misunderstand why I sai like I do.

Wikipedia is the best unbiased source of information I can find. So yes, I'll trust that over that for now. If a fetus doesn't have a developed nervous system until week 27 to control anything but some basic functions, what makes you think, that even with fully developed ears or whatever else, that it can hear anything on a sentient/sapient level for it to be of worth in the argument?

If you'd be so kind as to link the article again, then I will re-read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey that's very true.
    That's why, in this particular case I wouldn't jump on conclusions.
    A girl with issues in the past aborting her own kid due to external pressure? Mmmmmh no bueno.
    Except it was her own choice, nobody put a gun to her head.

10+ Year Old Account
    That link doesn't actually specify anything but sure if you think the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health is wrong and you're right FairPlay to you.
    Just because it has an authoritative-sounding name doesn't mean they actually have any connection to reality.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Wikipedia is the best unbiased source of information I can find.
    This is both hilarious and sad at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it was her own choice, nobody put a gun to her head.

And you think her religious foster family wouldn't try and force their beliefs on her?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And you think her religious foster family wouldn't try and force their beliefs on her?
    Hence she wanted an abortion without their knowledge.

This is both hilarious and sad at the same time.
    Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason why the girl cant give the baby on adoption? isnt that a better alternative to abort the child just because he didnt have protected sex? its not the product of rape or dangerous to the mother's health.

By adopting, you can make a couple that cant have biological kids, happy and give the child an opportunity to live and be someone on this world. Steve Jobs, Nelson Mandela and Edgar Allan Poe were adopted, would the world be the same if they never existed?

Quote Originally Posted by Voldur View Post
    Is there a reason why the girl cant give the baby on adoption? isnt that a better alternative to abort the child just because he didnt have protected sex? its not the product of rape or dangerous to the mother's health.

By adopting, you can make a couple that cant have biological kids, happy and give the child an opportunity to live and be someone on this world. Steve Jobs, Nelson Mandela and Edgar Allan Poe were adopted, would the world be the same if they never existed?
    Adoption isn't an alternative birtch control, it's an alternative for parenthood. We don't know if she used protection or not, it's irrelevant to the current discussion, she wants an abortion, it's her choice. She doesn't want to birth the child because she can't afford it. Pregnancy carries a myriad of potential detrimental conditions, and it's very expensive too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What decision doesn't have external pressure in some form?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there some tangible benefit from Steve Jobs' life for non-Apple users?
    Well that's quite broad. I can answer with another question. What decision in here has been conditioned by external pressure? This girl's.
    Financial issues and social pressure.
    She maybe want to keep the baby. We don't know. We know why she wants to abort it.
    And I'm pretty sure that's worthy of a couple decades of psychiatrist sittings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What decision doesn't have external pressure in some form?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there some tangible benefit from Steve Jobs' life for non-Apple users?
    Are you joking, absolutely so.

Well that's quite broad. I can answer with another question. What decision in here has been conditioned by external pressure? This girl's.
    Financial issues and social pressure.
    She maybe want to keep the baby. We don't know. We know why she wants to abort it.
    And I'm pretty sure that's worthy of a couple decades of psychiatrist sittings.
    She still made the decision herself, nobody directly forced her to. Her reasoning being financial status not being adequate and her foster parents will kick her to the curb if they know that she's pregnant out of wedlock made her take the decision. Nobody took the decision for her, so she wasn't forced by anybody. Your reasoning is invalid.

Deleted
    this is pretty sick.. can't she go to a different state and do it?

You're going to have a hard time showing me how preventing a life developing isn't unethical.
    As I said at about page 10 or so, given this is your argument, we all must have rampant sex all the time or we are being unethical, since each moment we are not having sex is a potential life that is prevented from developing. The only people who are exempt are those who are firing blanks or who have gone through menopause.

You are attaching an arbitrary marker to the point where the sperm meets the egg - all that moment implies is a greater chance of becoming a life; not the introduction of a chance at becoming a life.

Basically, pro-lifers are advocating rampant, gratuitous, polygamous sex for everyone.

Deleted
    While people argue about this, you should always remember a few global facts:

http://www.who.int/reproductivehealt.../magnitude/en/
    21.6 million women experience an unsafe abortion worldwide each year; 18.5 million of these occur in developing countries
    47 000 women die from complications of unsafe abortion each year.
    Deaths due to unsafe abortion remain close to 13% of all maternal deaths.

and

http://www.worldometers.info/abortions/ && http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_IAW.html
    According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

So while you read and wrote to this thread, several hundred thousand abortions were made around the world. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    She still made the decision herself, nobody directly forced her to. Her reasoning being financial status not being adequate and her foster parents will kick her to the curb if they know that she's pregnant out of wedlock made her take the decision. Nobody took the decision for her, so she wasn't forced by anybody. Your reasoning is invalid.
    So you describe exactly what I was saying then proceed to declare the reasoning you just explained invalid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    As I said at about page 10 or so, given this is your argument, we all must have rampant sex all the time or we are being unethical, since each moment we are not having sex is a potential life that is prevented from developing. The only people who are exempt are those who are firing blanks or who have gone through menopause.

You are attaching an arbitrary marker to the point where the sperm meets the egg - all that moment implies is a greater chance of becoming a life; not the introduction of a chance at becoming a life.

Basically, pro-lifers are advocating rampant, gratuitous, polygamous sex for everyone.
    You can keep your pro-this pro-that and perhaps next time actually start making some sense.

I think it's hilarious when people don't want abortions to be legal, but they simultaneously want to defund Medicaid and welfare and other entitlements. What do they think is going to happen with those kids?

So you describe exactly what I was saying then proceed to declare the reasoning you just explained invalid?

- - - Updated - - -

You can keep your pro-this pro-that and perhaps next time actually start making some sense.
    Er, no. If I hold a gun to your head and tell you to get a vasectomy, you have no other choice (unless you fancy dying). The girl doesn't have a gun to her head, she has a choice. She can tell her foster parents and take those consequences, or take the other consequences and seek an abortion. She made the choice herself according to which scenario she'd prefer applied.

Someone directly threatening you to make 1 specific scenario is an entirely different case.

The choice was a very hard one, but it was nevertheless her own choice. Not anyone else making that decision for her, not counting the judges sentence, which was, from the law perspective, wrong.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2013-10-08 at 08:59 PM.

I made perfect sense. The definition of the embryo as having worth is arbitrary, and every sperm, and every egg, is also a potential child. Unless you are having sex every waking moment of egery day, you are denying potential lives. How immoral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    I made perfect sense. The definition of the embryo as having worth is arbitrary, and every sperm, and every egg, is also a potential child. Unless you are having sex every waking moment of egery day, you are denying potential lives. How immoral.
    Maybe instead of storming like an idiot next time read up who you're talking to?

Maybe instead of storming like an idiot next time read up who you're talking to?
    Im talking to the guy who said we'd have a hard time convincing him that preventing a life developing isnt unethical, hence my quoting the guy saying as such?

http://www.who.int/reproductivehealt.../magnitude/en/
    21.6 million women experience an unsafe abortion worldwide each year; 18.5 million of these occur in developing countries
    47 000 women die from complications of unsafe abortion each year.
    Deaths due to unsafe abortion remain close to 13% of all maternal deaths.
    Do you know, why those 21,6 million women have unsafe abortions? Because of fanatic pro life people, who want to force them, to keep the baby. If abortion would be legal, there wouldn't be a reason for those desperate actions...
    You see, women will abort, no mater if it is legal or not. So why don't we make it safe at least? you can not prevent it, but you can reduce the risks!
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-10-08 at 09:58 PM.