Moving back to Canada

Hello everyone, as title says i'm moving back to Canada soon forever, living in Greece atm, and i wanna take my PC with me since i built it myself and i don't want to leave it here and rebuilt all over again, voltage in Greece and 220 and in Canada is 120, if i buy a new PSU for my PC in Canada will all the other parts work corrrectly?

Any help will be most thankfull.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an expert in this topic, but yes, I would presume that you just need to change the PSU.

Having said that, I would closely look at the shipping costs of sending your PC back to Canada. It could be expensive. In the end, it might only be worth sending back a few key components (your hard drives, video card, etc) and putting them in a new PC back in Canada.

Deleted
    Yes, but probably not worth the cost and risk to ship it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah everything should work fine. Im not sure on your outlet plugs though. Because the ends might be diffrent.

Have fun in Canada eh

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Yeah everything should work fine. Im not sure on your outlet plugs though. Because the ends might be diffrent.

Have fun in Canada eh
    "Travel adaptor"(or whatever you call it in english), is cheap as hell, like a few bucks max.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Thank you for the replies, will check what's the cost for shipping it and if it's worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every PSU I've ever seen is compatible with both 220/240V and 120V. It's simply a matter of buying an appropriate cord for the outlet and, if it's an older one without automatic switching, flipping the little voltage switch on the back.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Why we even have this kind of divide in volts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Every PSU I've ever seen is compatible with both 220/240V and 120V. It's simply a matter of buying an appropriate cord for the outlet and, if it's an older one without automatic switching, flipping the little voltage switch on the back.
    They should all go from down to 100V for Japan up to 240V. We even stopped doing automatic switching circuits 10 years ago for continuous mode, so a PSU that doesn't work in the full range isn't worth the transport costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    Why we even have this kind of divide in volts?
    History and inertia.