Deleted

Coil turn 2; How do you do it?

So, i've managed to kill turn 1 now of coil 3 times, but yet to find a stable group to get passed turn 2 (30% is probably my best attempt).

I was wondering, what strategies/set ups do you guys go for?

Personally i prefer going with 4 ranged dps. Lining up like tinyurl.com/mdckqv8 and passing 1-2-3-4-5-1 and repeating.

So far everytime we've gone the left route, yet to try the right.

We usually wipe as a combination of just trying to keep every mechanic under control, passing rot, interrupting, moving out AoE, healing tanks etc.

So yeah, are there any EASY/IER ways for turn 2?

Easiest way? Do everything yourself if you are the DPS. I'm a bard and I dance Requiems to Ballads, while being in the 3 position where 2 and 4 are healers. Focus on rot taker number 2 pick it up, and deliver it when the timer is almost down to healer rot taker 4. It's not really hard, and if you're running 2 Paladins you could get them to do the silence instead but yeah I guess tanks are sometimes too entitled to do it.

There is only 2 reasons to wipe. Rot exploding your raid or High Voltage going through and healers don't know how to clip the stun of Paralysis. Or a Paralysis leading to a delay pass on Rot.

Notice who gets the first Rot is the most important part. For each number before you do a brain count of 12 seconds. So if you're 3 and 5 gets it count 24 seconds and look at number 2 if he has got the Rot on him and the time on it. Do another mental countdown while focusing on boss so you don't miss interrupts or stand in stuff. Once you collect it again count 12 in your head again then pass it over. Even with 3 LB bars using healer LB is useless cause it will almost cause an Allagan Rot pass error, so just keep calm as there is no berserk timer on this boss.

Not sure for those who play the game using PS3. I mean you can't really be as in control as someone on a Keyboard + Mouse.

If you already manage to reach 30% then you basically know what the fight is about.
    In the end its just staying calm, passign rod, interrupting and you win. Healers and tanks have to know that around 50% and less the damage will be less forgiving. Your healers should focus only on tanks and every dps need to manage themself mostly. If you need to really throw out some group heals it might be a good idea to let a paladin use his bubble. That's 10seconds of no worrying about a tank and focus on group.
    Apart from that there is not much more you can do to make it easier. The rest is just up to people knowing how to interrupt and pass rod.

Deleted
    We beat it for the first time with our FC yesterday. We used the 1-2-3-4-5 method too, although looking at your picture our positioning was real stupid. We went in a 'W' basicly weaving the rot from one end to the other but that meant that either 1 or 5 would have to run all the way across to give it back to the beginning, lol.

Having 2 BRDs really trivializes the High Voltage interrupts, they should be able to do it easily even if they have to move/pass rot. Tank and Healer roles I know nothing about unfortunately, I just got invited because they needed an 8th. We went with 2 PLD, MNK, 2 BRD, SMN, WHM, SCH.

However it is lined up it is still the same you can do U shape M shape hell I did it the V shape. Just make sure your healers requirement to move about is limited towards only dodging red indicators. Heck you can even have your melee DPS be the transporter from 5 to 1 since most of the time they have to dodge shit and run out. All I advise is stop cutting the chicken's head, keep cool its a VERY easy encounter. Heck you can even drop your rotation sometimes just to wait for that rot to time nicely or interrupt properly this boss has no enrage timer.

Edit: Oh and you're a Blackmage which is perfect for position 5 where you can focus Target 4 to keep tabs on Rot. And make a macro to Aetherial Manipulation to Target 1.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2013-10-31 at 09:05 AM.

Another tactic you can use on this fight is after you do the initial pass around of the debuff 1-5 at ~ 5s left each pass.

Your range can all stack up in a bunch and move together for the rest of the fight, the offset in time from the initial passing around of the Allagan Rot should allow it to automatically jump to the next person whose 40 second debuff wears off negating the need to pass it.

Ive done this method before (especially in PuGs) and it works tremendously well as the only coordinated time you need to execute Allagan rot is the first set of passes.
    Last edited by jearle; 2013-11-19 at 07:41 PM.