Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we have a miller claim from kopcap. To me it is slightly suspicious because a mafia could claim that and if investigated in the future they can come back to this day and show they claimed miller. But from what I gather from this thread on the lore of the Drow I think it could make sense for there to be a miller or 2. So to me I'd be willing to let him live today and have a vigi (if we have one) go and kill him during the night to see if he was telling the truth.

Unvote
    Vote Kopcap

Don't like voting someone the first time I play with them, but:
    1. Millers aren't generally told they're millers
    2. I don't believe anyone has used a miller on this site before
    3. It sounds likely (pre)excuse in case a cop were to investigate you

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Doesn't mean you weren't a target. Day 1 lynches are always RNG or amusing, at best, when the town has literally zero information to go on.
    Who was the target may not be the right thing to ask. The right thing to ask is probably "would I feel threatened enough to do something like this if I were a scum".

Of course, a miller claim is information, and I'm leaning toward a policy lynch because letting people claim miller and live is as dumb as letting people claim survivor and live.
    Factually not true.

If a millers claim is true, he is still a pro town player who needs town to win even if he is about to get lynched.

If a survivors claim is true, he is a third party who will betray the town at first opportunity, ie by forcing a no lynch or a quickhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Those who have but probably shouldn't have cake:
    - Greeney. Gains a cake point for explaining hs vote, but seriously... no posts since. Not been here.
    Day 1, again, FFS. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    So we have a miller claim from kopcap. To me it is slightly suspicious because a mafia could claim that and if investigated in the future they can come back to this day and show they claimed miller. But from what I gather from this thread on the lore of the Drow I think it could make sense for there to be a miller or 2. So to me I'd be willing to let him live today and have a vigi (if we have one) go and kill him during the night to see if he was telling the truth.
    If we're looking at it from a lore standpoint, shouldn't we all be Millers? Since we're all supposedly assholes who are prone to ruthless murder, theft and corruption? Or would the Miller be an especially bastardly Drow?

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    If a millers claim is true, he is still a pro town player who needs town to win even if he is about to get lynched.

If a survivors claim is true, he is a third party who will betray the town at first opportunity, ie by forcing a no lynch or a quickhammer.
    There is no way to prove a miller's claim is true, though, which in my eyes makes them just as easy to trust as a survivor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who was the target may not be the right thing to ask. The right thing to ask is probably "would I feel threatened enough to do something like this if I were a scum".

Factually not true.

I think what Lysah is trying to say is that we have no proof/way to prove that you are a miller and that later in the game you could inadvertently cause chaos within the town.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    If we're looking at it from a lore standpoint, shouldn't we all be Millers? Since we're all supposedly assholes who are prone to ruthless murder, theft and corruption? Or would the Miller be an especially bastardly Drow?
    Like I said anything I gather from the lore is from this thread, also I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt (which will most likely get me killed later on) so the lore reason just may be something made up inside my head.
    Last edited by listo95; 2013-10-08 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Then what was the point of even making that comment, and directing it specifically at me?
    You said you were not buying my "self-clear" in that post. I was pointing out that play/behavior may be more important than words. But to each his own, we are digressing.

Ever since I threw my vote on you, all you've done is lessen my likelyhood of swapping to a lurker. It doesn't help that you didn't even respond to me calling your dismissal at the thought that you may be scum... Well, scummy.
    Link me, I am not sure what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Do you mean in game or as a claim?

If I were a scum worried of getting investigated, I'd start working on a longer term fakeclaim than this )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    There is no way to prove a miller's claim is true, though, which in my eyes makes them just as easy to trust as a survivor.
    Actually, there are a couple but they are pretty rare and without knowing the setup its pure speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I think what Lysah is trying to say is that we have no proof/way to prove that you are a miller and that later in the game you could inadvertently cause chaos within the town.
    As pointed out before, its probably safe to say I would lack the authority weight and setup knowledge to cause chaos if I were scum cos no townie would trust me enough to follow what I say if they had a slightest doubt in my words.

But I may still be as asset to the town if I simply get opportunity to post my analyses and then get cleared when killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like voting someone the first time I play with them, but:
    1. Millers aren't generally told they're millers
    We had a miller a couple games back. They were not told they were a miller. It was the game Danner was the cop. Danner got killed over it.

Kopcap:
    My RNG vote is now an actual vote. While I can't comment either way on if you are a miller or not, your play is rubbing me the wrong way.

... Brain says to keep vote on you, but brain is a lying bastard who should be WIFOMed. But brain is the one who told me to WIFOM it, so reverse says keep vote on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well all that kept running through my mind is why would Kopcap claim anything at all with only two votes on him at that point - atm, he has 7 votes. As for anyone still not being active - I think the only person now is Arialla (don't recall seeing a post but I'll double check). I thought about doing a RNG vote as well until all of this with Kopcap came up ... plus I'd figure I might rely on my old way of voting for the first day ... so off to see if Arialla posted ...

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Foxxi:
    There is no certainty that there is a vigilante. It is a gamble. But we're talking about drow. The archetype assassin-in-the-dark. No way in hell is there not at least one death dealer on the town side. I expect there to be more than one, to be honest.

I for one likes this gamble. Also because I believe Kopcap isn't scum. But that's just me.
    If you don't like it, vote Kopcap. Noone will hold it against you.

--

Kisuro isn't new? Good to know. Never played with the guy before.

I will...

Also why am i absent from your cake counter? Have i done anything but fluff? I demand recognition dammit! And not the fake mistaking me for omer kind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Day 1, again, FFS. :/
    I recall seeing Miller used once. It was in the Game of Thrones game, I think. Whatever game it was, a couple people were randomed a hidden miller status.

I think I would leave Kopcap for today for a vigilante to kill tonight. If the vigi doesn't do so we probably don't have a vigi around and we lynch him a day or two from now (barring better targets). Also, first time playing with him (though he obviously enough isn't new to the game itself) makes me less likely to lynch him day one. Now to move my vote to another location, because I don't want my vote on Danner. Who to place it on though? Being day one makes useful contribution less easily done, but oh well. I'll vote against Worgenite I suppose. His posts don't have any content from what I've seen, and it seems to be double checked by Danner's cake counter.

unvote vote: Worgenite

I don't think my walk was quite 24 hours ago Danner, but as a slight explanation, I came back and saw only a few posts since I had left for my walk and saw no reason to post at the time. I think much of what's happened since then occurred while I was asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by falbacca View Post
    ugh sorry I haven't posted at all ... I've been rather preoccupied with RL stuff lately (all sad) ... I just got back from the appointment ... I've got a crappy phone as far as the internet's concerned - if I could ever get a real job, I'd be out getting at least the IPhone 5 (not the newer one - still too many bugs, I think). I'll read up on everything though I have a huge hunch that I have alot of votes.
    Real jobs suck... :/

Though money sounds nice... Maybe i'll have money - in about 6-7 years or so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Miller has been used but they weren't told they were a miller. It was not in my GoT game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    I recall seeing Miller used once. It was in the Game of Thrones game, I think. Whatever game it was, a couple people were randomed a hidden miller status.

I think I would leave Kopcap for today for a vigilante to kill tonight. If the vigi doesn't do so we probably don't have a vigi around and we lynch him a day or two from now (barring better targets). Also, first time playing with him (though he obviously enough isn't new to the game itself) makes me less likely to lynch him day one. Now to move my vote to another location, because I don't want my vote on Danner. Who to place it on though? Being day one makes useful contribution less easily done, but oh well. I'll vote against Worgenite I suppose. His posts don't have any content from what I've seen, and it seems to be double checked by Danner's cake counter.

unvote vote: Worgenite

I don't think my walk was quite 24 hours ago Danner, but as a slight explanation, I came back and saw only a few posts since I had left for my walk and saw no reason to post at the time. I think much of what's happened since then occurred while I was asleep.
    Danner's cake is nasty so I don't want to try for it :\ Plus, I have my own cake :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Real jobs suck... :/

Though money sounds nice... Maybe i'll have money - in about 6-7 years or so...
    In 6 or 7 years you'll be wanting (or already have) your own house which means you'll have a mortgage payment. You wont have money.

Factually not true.

You claim miller - personally i think traitor would be more likely.

I've read up on the wiki and it would certainly fit this game to have a buttload of traitors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    In 6 or 7 years you'll be wanting (or already have) your own house which means you'll have a mortgage payment. You wont have money.
    Bah, im not finishing my study for at least 5 years and most likely its gonna be 6 or more. Not likely.

Also houses are expensive here dangit! We get paid while studying for free but we can't buy a house with it. Besides - personally i prefer apartments, since if i break shit then someone else has to fix it for me usually for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Miller has been used but they weren't told they were a miller. It was not in my GoT game though.
    Right, I just checked, it was game 31, the game after GoT.

Also houses are expensive here dangit! We get paid while studying for free but we can't buy a house with it. Besides - personally i prefer apartments, since if i break shit then someone else has to fix it for me usually for free.
    Over here theyre dirt cheap, was browsing through 3-4bedroom houses for €80,000

Im still undecided on the Miller, yes I do believe if he knows he is a Miller then he made the correct play, however none of us know if he is telling the truth. If we do lynch him we can at least confirm whether or not Millers exist in this game and the cop can play it safe, if it goes wrong at worst we lynch a townie that we can't confirm as town.

It's either that or we take a shot in the dark and have a 1/3 chance of hitting an actual mafian.

10+ Year Old Account
    You claim miller - personally i think traitor would be more likely.

I've read up on the wiki and it would certainly fit this game to have a buttload of traitors.

- - - Updated - - -

Bah, im not finishing my study for at least 5 years and most likely its gonna be 6 or more. Not likely.

Ah, expensive houses. I know the feeling. Houses here are pretty expensive. Nowhere near as expensive as Vancouver though, I hear those places are terribly high priced.