Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I want to live in Siberia...

I want to live off the land, hunting, fishing and gathering my own food. I want to survive the scathing cold and hardship. I want to survive it all through sheer skill and intellect. I don't want to live the rest of my life like this, I'll only live there for about a year. Make no mistake, I would train long and hard before undertaking such an endeavor and I would be well prepared. It's my mantra; "Beyond the hardships lies accomplishment."

Why does everyone else think that this is so strange?
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-10-07 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    You would be dead within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    You would be dead within a week.
    This is something I would do several years from now, after undergoing rigorous training and preparations, not in the near future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Many people have tried it and most fail unfortunately. When you come face to face with a bear.. I wish you the best of luck. If you see 2 types of berries that look the same yet one is poisonous, I hope you choose the right one.

Chris McCandless did that in Alaska and many have been trying since then with most if not all don't succeed.

I get the why and desire but I don't know if we're built for it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    This is something I would do several years from now, after undergoing rigorous training and preparations, not in the near future.
    Why not start training now?

Because its easy to post on the internet and hard to actually do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Same as the above poster.
    You really dont. I think the idea is awesome, and I really think it's something more people should do, Siberia really isnt a good idea. Go somewhere where you can be selfsustaining, but there is no reason to actually TRY and hurt yourself.

Deleted
    When you are 18 just buy a plane ticket and go give it a shot. Maybe you'll get famous.

I'm training for my national service first. However, the training goes hand-in-hand. I've been lifting weights and jogging to prepare for my military service. Not to mention keeping my grades up in college so that I can go to officers school. In the near future I plan on undergoing marksman training, so that I can master gun control (hitting my target).

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you keep posting here about your training, pictures and all? Because I doubt you will do much training at all, and most definately not go to Siberia.

10+ Year Old Account
    O.P sorry to say these but... you won't do that, why? cause we say a lot of amazing things that we want to do and that we are going to do, and i'm pretty sure these's one of those things.... but PROVE ME WRONG! I will be happy to realize i'm wrong

Deleted
    I'm training for my national service first. However, the training goes hand-in-hand. I've been lifting weights and jogging to prepare for my military service. Not to mention keeping my grades up in college so that I can go to officers school. In the near future I plan on undergoing marksman training, so that I can master gun control (hitting my target).
    I am curious as to where you actually live, I always thought you were American.

you will drop this idea one hour after starting your "training"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Can you keep posting here about your training, pictures and all? Because I doubt you will do much training at all, and most definately not go to Siberia.
    Hahaha, yeah you should do these, but i don't know if these's allowed in the forums cause that's mostly like a blog, but you may be able to do it

I would ask these people how they can tough it out during the cold. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...falls-52C.html

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Why the hate? If he actually did go selfsustaining, wouldnt that be awesome? Why is this looked down upon?
    I'd love if people actually lived different kinds of lifes, instead of all of us trying to do the same thing, just to keep the "economy" going, all of being taught at a young age that there's really only one way to live.

Deleted
    Useless, all of this. To live off the land like that you need outdoormanship experience by the buckets. You're still in school. Have you worked with your neck deep in mud for years? Have you ever been under extreme pressure? Have you ever experienced pain, hunger, sacrifice, hopelessness? How do you think you're going to react to these things?

Deleted
    Heaven help them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Why the hate? If he actually did go selfsustaining, wouldnt that be awesome? Why is this looked down upon?
    I'd love if people actually lived different kinds of lifes, instead of all of us trying to do the same thing, just to keep the "economy" going, all of being taught at a young age that there's really only one way to live.
    We agree that is a good idea and that it would be cool if he do it, but we don't think he will actually do it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    I'm not expressing my hatred, I'm expressing my doubt. And curiosity.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-10-07 at 03:16 PM.