Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Yeah so as I said a non-retard keybinder will outplay the clicker. Also gear? I mean the game is based around gear we have to assume both players are equally geared or else you also have to take into account level, because my auto attacking afk level 90 will out dps the best keybinder level 20 in the world 100% of the time.
    Except on any fight except hexos mechanic (never seen in a raid setting), the difference will be smaller than RNG. You will not be able to tell if all things are equal. Much like you can run a sim 10000 times and still get 100-1000's dps difference the next 10000 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post

Thats a pretty antiquated view on what a tanks duty is!
    I didn't outline what a tank duty was, I just carried on stating that tanks have the most leeway to miss hitting buttons.

Why did I say this? because it's true.
    It's like me saying DPS stayed alive and avoided bad shit but did bad dps? It's ok they stayed alive!
    No, it isn't.
    Tank DPS started to matter as soon as blizz made tnaks do compettive dps and tuned fights with that in mind!
    Sorry but I don't see tank dps being a "secondary not important" part of tanking when one can do this:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=1888&e=2261
    And I don't knwo how you can manage to do that if you are clicking!

As well active mitigation > your tanks can miss buttons all they do it keep threat comment.... I mean are we even playing the same game? have you even tried tanking in mop?

and again this if for normal modes... I would only assume heroics emphasize this even more!
    All I said was that tanks can miss hitting buttons and it has less issues than with dps or healers.

This is true. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I didn't outline what a tank duty was, I just carried on stating that tanks have the most leeway to miss hitting buttons.

Why did I say this? because it's true.

No, it isn't.

All I said was that tanks can miss hitting buttons and it has less issues than with dps or healers.

Active mitigation in high-damage encounters says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except on any fight except hexos mechanic (never seen in a raid setting), the difference will be smaller than RNG. You will not be able to tell if all things are equal. Much like you can run a sim 10000 times and still get 100-1000's dps difference the next 10000 times.
    Handling mechanics, even if it ain't as complicated as hexos, will take away from someone's attention span, and clicking will prove to be a hindrance. Keep in mind that you can realistically get a feeling for where your hand is at any time, the same can't be said for your mouse cursor.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

http://imageshack.us/f/266/2x4q.jpg/
    in vanilla, with mods and clicking everything (I think I didn't even have autoshot on my bar so when I was oom I would wait until I got mana for serpent sting to attack (rightclick activated autoattack, but not autoshot iirc)

http://imageshack.us/f/823/w8y4.jpg/
    now (or rather a couple months before I quit) no mods (all the UI changes are scripts) and I click nothing except for battlestandard or something

remember that microsoft ad a few years back "Microsoft Has Evolved, Have You?" with dinosaur picture? Well I did evolve : )

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really click anything except buffs, mounts, and my hearthstone, but I have used the stock Blizzard UI since Vanilla and don't see any need to swap. I don't want to shrink my UI and/or squish all of my hotbars into one spot on the screen where I can't clearly see their cooldown timers.

Healing with the stock raid frames is easy, too. Along with mouse-over macros they take care of everything a healer could reasonably want.

Our warrior used to be 1/2 a clicker, i noticed when he posted some videos that he would click on some of the most basic abilities a dps warrior can do... His dps was always low and he didn't know why... Also, he would click to leap etc... Needless to say he would die a lot to not reacting quick enough to some of the heroic fights we did.

Once we finally convinced him to freaking use keybinds his dps skyrocketed and he even started to rank on fights. He still click on some cooldowns, but not having to click on his main dps rotation abilities has also given him a bigger awareness and he doens't fail as much on mechanics anymore.

I jumped into an Arena season with 10 days left once. I got to 2200, which doesn't seem all that impressive, until you consider I click, walk backwards and keyboard turn. I figure that translates into the greatest PvP'er of all time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post

http://imageshack.us/f/266/2x4q.jpg/
    in vanilla, with mods and clicking everything (I think I didn't even have autoshot on my bar so when I was oom I would wait until I got mana for serpent sting to attack (rightclick activated autoattack, but not autoshot iirc)

http://imageshack.us/f/823/w8y4.jpg/
    now (or rather a couple months before I quit) no mods (all the UI changes are scripts) and I click nothing except for battlestandard or something

remember that microsoft ad a few years back "Microsoft Has Evolved, Have You?" with dinosaur picture? Well I did evolve : )
    What script brings up the old raid and party frames? I've hated healing ever since they changed them.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    I jumped into an Arena season with 10 days left once. I got to 2200, which doesn't seem all that impressive, until you consider I click, walk backwards and keyboard turn. I figure that translates into the greatest PvP'er of all time.

- - - Updated - - -

What script brings up the old raid and party frames? I've hated healing ever since they changed them.
    Holy shit are you serious?

Deleted
    Omg, this terrible "vs" have gone to +10 pages. Again. Can we get already the videos of people keyboard turning to gladiator and clicking to #1 heroic logs? I mean, like all the last times this was discussed. No? Ok.

I was a clicker for a long time, but once you get used to binds, you'll never go back, I haven't clicked anything but things that are used once in 24 hours say, for years.

It can be daunting to get used to keybindings, but once you are used to it, you WILL play better.

You can play well as a clicker, but you can play better with binds, it's for that reason I don't see the need in saying to people "0mg clickerz n00b l2p", at the end of the day, unless you're dieing to things because of clicking, or at the bottom of the meter when you shouldn't, it doesn't really matter *that* much

I still keyboard turn now and again, purely by accident until I realise I'm doing it, that's another thing, it's much easier to play using the mouse to move (not click to move, holding left and right click)

I'd imagine changing from a clicker to bindings, and being able to actually play with the binds, you should see at least a 10k dps increase,
    at least.

P.S I'd at least encourage clickers to have a "oh shit" defensive cooldown macro or similar bound to a key, because that WILL save you over clicking it.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-08 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    [...]
    the party/raid frame is an option in the interface menu not a script (at least it was about a year ago when I quit, no idea if they changed something)

Didn't see any one really mention this, though there are too many threads to go through them all, but the Blizzard UI is perfectly fine especially since MOP. Blizzard has made many improvements to their raid UI with regards to customiztion and what debuffs and buffs are shown (in some cases the Blizzard UI shows debuffs and buffs better than certain addons, for example the shield that ancient miasma puts on characters on the malkorok fight don't always show up in custom UI's.) I'd also like to mention that saying you can't use mouseovers with blizzard UI is false. You most certainly CAN, and I most certainly DO use mouseover macros with Blizzard's UI. So yes, using the blizzard UI is fine. In terms of clicking, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, however, if maximizing your character's potential interests you, I would defenitely look into keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Handling mechanics, even if it ain't as complicated as hexos, will take away from someone's attention span, and clicking will prove to be a hindrance. Keep in mind that you can realistically get a feeling for where your hand is at any time, the same can't be said for your mouse cursor.
    There's no real way to answer this other than no, there is no reason you shouldn't have a feeling where your mouse is as a clicker. It is basically an extension of your hand.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I am a vanilla vet who has raided all content since then with usually 100% heroic completion rate.
    I am generally the top DPS in my raid and rank on WoL's quite often.
    I have completed all of Brawlers guild.
    I am usually entrusted the hard jobs or at the very least put my hand up to do those jobs.

I am 100% a clicker in every sense of the word.

Hexos has been my only true wall and I had to force myself to keybind to kill him

Too each there own.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only abilities I click are my long (2+ min.) cooldowns. I just recently started binding F1-F4, which along with the bindings I've already been using, I've got virtually everything binded except for those long cooldowns.

However, I've pretty much always stuck with the default Blizzard UI. Occasionally, I've tried action bar, unit frame, map, etc. add ons to try something new, but I just keep coming back to the default UI. The only default UI element that I've changed is using Vuhdo on my healers. Other than that, I really don't see how people think the Blizzard UI is horrible like so many say. I guess I've just gotten used to it after all these years that changing it up to be more "pretty" is fairly pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 1-12, -, = bound but only use 1-6 consistently. My interrupt is bound to shift - left click and that's it.
    I consistently ranked on WOL as feral from TBC through Cata. Now I play a hunter and push competitive DPS and rank from time to time.

The stigma behind being a clicker versus non-clicker is ridiculous. Yes, for some people it's going to be an improvement. For others it complicates things just to be complicated. The only time I could see a real argument is in PVP and with global cooldowns it barely buys you a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There's no real way to answer this other than no, there is no reason you shouldn't have a feeling where your mouse is as a clicker. It is basically an extension of your hand.
    Not your mouse, your mouse cursor. Read better next time. You cannot develop muscle memory on a mouse cursor's position because its position varies wildly even if you're in the exact same position with your hand (and mouse).
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Not your mouse, your mouse cursor. Read better next time. You cannot develop muscle memory on a mouse cursor's position because its position varies wildly even if you're in the exact same position with your hand (and mouse).
    I'm guessing you've never played starcraft.... or any competitive game which involves using the mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why over-complicate your life with remembering which key does what?

I've always clicked and I've been relatively successful (when I played).
    Since when is muscle memory "Over-Complicated"? I don't stare at my keyboard when I play games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post

Brb getting one shot on Ji-Kun by missing my AM on the 2nd stack of Talon Rake.