Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would take a risk and say that a lot of the raid unhappiness is due to the shitty mechanics that melee is forced to endure while ranged can sit back and AFK dps easily. After Cata I thought they would learn their lesson but I forgot some idiot named Ghostcrawler is at the helm who likes to repeat previous mistakes every expansion.

Honestly even on things like rare spawns or heroic scenario bosses its crazy how easy to solo as ranged v melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I would take a risk and say that a lot of the raid unhappiness is due to the shitty mechanics that melee is forced to endure while ranged can sit back and AFK dps easily. After Cata I thought they would learn their lesson but I forgot some idiot named Ghostcrawler is at the helm who likes to repeat previous mistakes every expansion.
    GC has nothing to do with boss encounters....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Heirloom storage? What the hell? They don't need that much space. What about a tabard storage already?
    Heirloom storage more so it's truly account bound instead of restricted to a single server - they activate for the account and then you can use them on any character instead of only on the server you buy them on. At least, that's what I assume, as they've been talking about that for ages.

And yes, tabard storage please. I've got two bags in my bank filled with them. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Her bags are full.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Melee friendly? Wtf are they talking about lol
    Before PTR even ended there was talks of raid wide melee buffs.

I hope he was just mistaken otherwise I am scared.

Deleted
    that was an awkward interview, also no ghostcrawler??

wtf there's a hot girl there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Players: "Blizzard we want content faster"

Blizzard: "Okay"

Players: "TOO FAST. TOO FAST GOD DAMMIT."
    In fairness, I am really just that excited.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    that was an awkward interview, also no ghostcrawler??
    Contrary to popular belief, The warcraft team isn't ran by a singular person, in particular, GC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    Yeah, that caused my eyes to cross. I've switched to ranged dps just to avoid the terrible melee raid bosses.
    Oh come on, its not even close to being that bad for melee IMO, and yes I agree with them.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Oh come on, its not even close to being that bad for melee IMO, and yes I agree with them.
    It is fairly horrible for melee, the worst? No. But by no means is it a friendly melee raid.

I feel like sitting myself out from the raid from Siegecrafter onwards, making a cameo for Malkorok.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Thoughts:

*So we finally know why patch downtime takes so long. The devs log on first to give everything a final test.

*Agree with their stance on the legendary, but think it was TOO easy to get in 5.4.

*Flex sounds like it worked far better than LFR did.

*Still hoping they eventually make Flex the standard for raiding, instead of the current 10/25.

*RIP Dailies. You will not be missed.

*Sunken Ship, how curious. Eh he heh. KIDDING!

*Centeralized heirlooms. Could they be put on a vendor like guild rewards are? Tied to a paragon level/legacy system?

*New RAF? How much easier can it get than sending an invite?

*Future of WoW? New expansion obviously, but what a curious choice of words.... *secretly hopes it's a sub price cut, not F2P*

*5.4 seconds, HL5.4 confirmed!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, The warcraft team isn't ran by a singular person, in particular, GC.
    Indeed, WHERE IS METZEN! >:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will watch it tommorow and think of it then, but for now for what I read from the thread the new friend thing would be interesting. I got a cousin that came back with a Scroll of Resurrection and I might even recommended the game to other people to if they want a fun MMO to play.

Oh and I hope they do a few more patches until they give the Mists the close of the book, and I loved this expansion so matter what. Just want to give a good ending to it and even have a pre-patch in which we get to see the new evil doers and then go from there after we do a few things.

I would also to if Pandaria got the Wandering Isle back to it and even the Vale to be saved and changed for a few things to, and even having Stormstout Brewery a chance for all good races to enjoy themselves and you can come back to Pandaria to see everyone and do some quests again or enjoy yourself with some holidays they celebrate.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was produced in-house--wouldn't you like to spend a day in that library??--well produced (maybe over-produced but the gameplay inserts while they were talking were pretty nice) and clearly everyone knew what was going to happen before it started.

Given that, it wasn't as bad as it might have been although I think it would have been better and had more focus if it had been just the three of them with some topics to cover and BSing among themselves. I agree that it was a bit staged but I sort of blame the interviewer who was clearly terrible and unable to handle it even with everything written down in front of her.

The idea of round-tables like EQ Next is doing is a good one and like always, Blizzard needs to figure out what worked, what didn't and iterate on the format.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    Devs log in as invisible flying gnomes and watch your raids. Laugh at you when you wipe.
    We had an ogre GM watching us. He danced too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Heirloom storage? What the hell? They don't need that much space. What about a tabard storage already?
    My 20+ heirlooms beg the differ!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Indeed, WHERE IS METZEN! >:O
    Working on Legacy of the Void most likely.

Lead Encounter Designer thinks SoO is melee friendly, we are doomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."