H Malkorok + Soul Link

Killed him last night, used soul link with a pet as Destro (for havoc cleaving/soloing adds and extra survivability). After browsing the parse for it this morning I'm not sure if soul link applies for the miasma shield. Can anyone confirm this? I guess because it isn't actual "damage", it isn't splitting it with my pet?
    Last edited by Mazda; 2013-10-07 at 11:59 PM.

I had soul link on our kill. I took (or absorbed) 22,458,903 damage. My pet only took 935,611 damage from 27 hits of soul link. It would appear as though damage done to your shield is not transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by zey View Post
    I had soul link on our kill. I took (or absorbed) 22,458,903 damage. My pet only took 935,611 damage from 27 hits of soul link. It would appear as though damage done to your shield is not transferred.
    Figures. It looks like the 3% healing DOES apply to your shield though, which is interesting. I don't think the GoSac 5% heal works on it, though I haven't tested. I don't think it worked on H Tortos at least.

Luckily, it looks like soul leech doesn't have any strange changes due to the miasma shield, which is nice.

So... this means that Soul Link's 20% damage split is only applied after absorbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So... this means that Soul Link's 20% damage split is only applied after absorbs?
    Assuming the Miasma Shield functions the exact same as the numerous other absorbs in the game, I assume yes.

If not, then who knows.

Assuming the Miasma Shield functions the exact same as the numerous other absorbs in the game, I assume yes.
    Soul Link isn't a damage mitigation talent in that it reduces the amount of damage taken like say Unending Resolve. Soul Link doesn't kick in until we actually take damage. If your shield never drops soul link will not trigger. Now if you soak a pool with a weaker shield so that some of it bleeds into your health the leftover damage will trigger Soul Link.

Deleted
    lets say you´re doing 200k dps without your pet, that means 200k x 60sec =12mil dmg / min. 3% of those 12mil are 360k which is about as much as sac pact is absorbing when used while having a pet outside. The only possible time the absorb of sac pact would be worth more than the absorb of soul link is the burst dmg in p2, and thats the time where soul link will start to trigger anyway.
    so there isn´t any other option anyway
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-10-08 at 07:36 AM.

Sac pact also allows you to do things like soak an orb or two early, soul link won't do that. Sac pact allows your healers to mess up, if you have a red miasma shield for whatever reason and need to soak a pool sac pact will keep you alive, soul leech won't. If soul link really isn't reducing damage I think the utility of sac pact would far win out over what effectively amounts to another hot on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Sac pact also allows you to do things like soak an orb or two early, soul link won't do that. Sac pact allows your healers to mess up, if you have a red miasma shield for whatever reason and need to soak a pool sac pact will keep you alive, soul leech won't. If soul link really isn't reducing damage I think the utility of sac pact would far win out over what effectively amounts to another hot on you.
    that really depends on the time those things are happening. If you got a red shield WITH shoullink, then you already have been taking damage from any source, since your absorb on pull should be stronger then sac pact in like 15-20sec. That means, either the first damage source, or the second would hit through the shield.
    and btw, the other side of the rainbow of sac pact is: once you´ve been using it on your pet, it´s health is reduced by 25% and can´t be healed until p2. So your sac pact will get weaker and weaker if you don´t resummon it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Also you can just use baseline twilight ward for the same functionality.