Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a pretty stupid argument, As long as it still grows it would be literally impossible to run out lol, Plus if it was getting that dire then the price would just rocket and less people would buy it anyway^^

Deleted
    I'm imagining some shady guy in a trenchcoat, selling small squares of chocolate in a back alley right now =)

I don't we'll ever run out. I even doubt there will be a major shortage. Prices may rise though. Not that I care, my tummy doesn't like chocolate anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in the article suggests the world will run out of chocolate, just that supply won't be able to keep up with the demand, so it will become more of a luxury item. Expect prices for it to increase if the supply keeps being replaced by rubber farms.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

You can't just grow cocoa beans anywhere. That's why it becomes a big issue that demand is on the rise as well as blight is killing off a lot of the trees. Sure it won't run out but the price could skyrocket since most of the labour is in poor countries and using child labour. Makes a lot of sense considering the demand is going up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    You can't just grow cocoa beans anywhere. That's why it becomes a big issue that demand is on the rise as well as blight is killing off a lot of the trees. Sure it won't run out but the price could skyrocket since most of the labour is in poor countries and using child labour. Makes a lot of sense considering the demand is going up for it.
    I think GM crops of cocoa will be seen if it comes to that. Once the potential profit is high enough I think we will likely see research being done in to allowing cocoa plants to grow in more diverse environments, assuming it hasn't begun already.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Scare tactic story from people who want to make more money on their product. *shrug*
    Those are my thoughts as well, someone wants to make money on this so they're manipulating the market. Besides, I don't even like chocolate that much so I honestly don't care.

no more cocoa pebbles :'(

These studies come out and always don't make any sense in any context. The price of a good in high demand goes up. The price will control where the supply goes, and will stimulate people to create more of it.

The world won't run out because it will be 1000$ for a snickers before that happens.

Deleted
    Good! so we can now taste better sweets

Deleted
    I hate chocolate, so I do not mind.

Good thing I hate chocolate.

Most I'll get is something coated in it. At the most.

Deleted
    The Daily Star reported
    The Times > The Telegraph/Guardian > The Daily Mail/Independent > The Sun/Mirror > Beano > Toilet paper > Used toilet paper > The Daily Star.

This is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    The Times > The Telegraph/Guardian > The Daily Mail/Independent > The Sun/Mirror > Beano > Toilet paper > Used toilet paper > The Daily Star.

This is all.
    Thats a bit harsh, no paper is worse than the Daily mail.

Deleted
    True! At least in the Daily Star you can bear to look at their tits for longer than 2 seconds....

Quote Originally Posted by Kentii View Post
    oh no! stuff that makes ppl fat asses will be gone! what will we do?

next we will hear Mc Donalds is running out of hamburgers... oh noes!
    Dark Chocolate is considered a superfood with anti-cancer and anti-aging properties.

Hamburgers are technically quite healthy before you add in the layers of cheese and mayo. If you go lighter on the cheese and switch to mustard it becomes a very balanced meal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should edit the title "World to officially end on October 2, 2020".
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    How do you run out of something that regrows? Shortage sure. Ran out? no.
    This.

Scare tactic story from people who want to make more money on their product. *shrug*
    and this.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    In order to protect future supply, they should start the rationing of cocoa beans immediately - firstly by not giving any to those people who make the abominations that are Hershey bars.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couple this with banana HIV....no more chocolate covered bananas!

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...ungus-honduras