Deleted

Less players doing 2v2 arena now ?

Since the new PvP season started in 5.4. I notice it's harder to find people who want to cap in 2v2.
    On top of that, the queue times went from almost instant in the last season, to up to 5 minutes now.

Does this mean people PvP less in general or do people use 3v3 and BG's to cap now?

Mostly seems to be double dps are gone now, since healer/dps teams are just turtling to get crowd choose you, or double tanks to get the buff. once the buff is removed you will see a rise in 2v2 numbers again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    Mostly seems to be double dps are gone now, since healer/dps teams are just turtling to get crowd choose you, or double tanks to get the buff. once the buff is removed you will see a rise in 2v2 numbers again.
    Hmm good point. You think the crowd chooses you buff plays a role in the low activity?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Since the new PvP season started in 5.4. I notice it's harder to find people who want to cap in 2v2.
    On top of that, the queue times went from almost instant in the last season, to up to 5 minutes now.

Does this mean people PvP less in general or do people use 3v3 and BG's to cap now?
    Thats because 2v2 are even more broken now than previous seasons. Didnt think it was possible until i tested it for myself.
    This effectivelly makes it so that people opt out of doing broken/exploiting 2s.

Here is the only argument needed to prove that 2s are broken atm. Anyone disagreeing with that is either blind or ignorant.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/2v2

imo i think they need a passive buff for heal specs in 2v2 like a 30-40% healing reduction passive on healers, and if your hp is over a certain amount it gets scaled back coz it knows you're a tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KangarooBasher View Post
    imo i think they need a passive buff for heal specs in 2v2 like a 30-40% healing reduction passive on healers, and if your hp is over a certain amount it gets scaled back coz it knows you're a tank
    30-40% healing reduction in addition to Battle Fatigue? Yeah... that would be insanely broken. No thanks...

Battle Fatigue
    Passive

Dealing damage to another player in battle causes them to recieve 55% less healing.

Caped ~3K conquest on my mage with war in less then 1 hr, 2dd are plenty viable and i saw quite a few ret/hunt or rog/mage teams at 2K mmr. Then i've played monk/priest and it was hilarious, all heal/dps setups we properly stomped in previous season in few mins now turtle and when buff is on or they understand they can't get us lower then we got them they leave arena. After a dozen of such games we finally lost one to ret/hunt and seriously this 1 min game felt better then 13-15 min healer/dps mirrors. This retarded buff in combination with turtling tryhards striped 2v2 from it's benefit of getting weekly cap in minimal amount of time = lower participation.

P.S. Also this change affects mid MMR games just as much as below 1500 becouse there're lots of characters with 2K+ raiting doing cap (like my monk & dk, my gfs priest and pal). Can't even fathom who came with idea to award win to a team who got more RNG with crits/procs and then pillarhuged for 10+ min.

they should just make sure that double dps teams always fight against double dps teams, and healer dps teams always fight against healer dps teams. that would solve all of 2v2 problems lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they should just make sure that double dps teams always fight against double dps teams, and healer dps teams always fight against healer dps teams. that would solve all of 2v2 problems lol
    That sounds INSANELY boring imo...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    dps/dps vs healer/dps has never been a problem in the game matchmaking wise, but balance to a certain point

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    That sounds INSANELY boring imo...
    Yeah, but Blizzard has already given up on 2v2 balancing. With TCCY crap letting DK Tanks laugh their way to victory, I would be fine with dps/dps healer/dps healer/tank and tank/tank teams getting their own bracket.

Or, they could just do something about TCCY.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Yeah, but Blizzard has already given up on 2v2 balancing. With TCCY crap letting DK Tanks laugh their way to victory, I would be fine with dps/dps healer/dps healer/tank and tank/tank teams getting their own bracket.

Or, they could just do something about TCCY.
    They are though... atleast they say so...

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    They are though... atleast they say so...
    Silly rabbit, Blue posts are for kids.

Seriously though, I do think they'll do "something" about it. When though is the question.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere