Deleted

Destro GoSac Vs. GoSup while using Kardris' Toxic Totem.

This is something I've been wondering playing as Destro.

Since pets do NOT benefit from the multistrike affect that Kardris' Toxic Totem gives would it be more beneficial to use GoSac for your extra damage to have a chance to mulitstrike.

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gaderas/simple

GoSac is way to go anyway.

dat 1-2k dps increase

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    dat 1-2k dps increase
    GoSac also increases dmg of your single target spell.
    Taking that in consideration, GoSac is way better then other 2 talents in case you have multi strike trinket.
    Last edited by Shaqur; 2013-10-09 at 01:37 AM.

I'm seeing gosac higher in most gearing situations (vs sup) even without the KTT so it would make sense destro sac would take even more advantage from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I'm seeing gosac higher in most gearing situations (vs sup) even without the KTT so it would make sense destro sac would take even more advantage from it.
    KTT does improve GoSac's functionality
    Last edited by FurtyIRL; 2013-10-09 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    GoSac also increases dmg of your single target spell.
    Taking that in consideration, GoSac is way better then other 2 talents in case you have multi strike trinket.
    the gain from using GoSac for KTT not GoSac itself, I have no idea how the grimoires actually compare with eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    On a few fights you're never going to want to take GoSac because you spend a higher amount of time casting FnB which GoSac does not benefit, but KTT does improve GoSac's functionality on anything where you spend most of your time casting your single target spells.
    In that same scenario aren't we shadowburning more and generating more embers for more chaos bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    In that same scenario aren't we shadowburning more and generating more embers for more chaos bolts?
    25-30% Shadowburn and 15-20% Chaos Bolt damage on Galakras. Seems obvious to me we're going for GoSac on such fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Yes. The guy had no idea what he was talking about.

GoSac is pretty much the best talent choice for the majority of fights this tier. Simming all the different Grimoires is showing that they're all pretty much equal on a patchwerk fight (afaik, from what Brusalk and Evrelia have tested intensively). This tier, that's pretty much just N Malkorok and N Thok. Any situation that allows you to get off more Shadowburns than your average patchwerk fight (i.e. any fight with adds that die reasonably quickly, or multitarget fights that allow you cleave lots, (so basically the entirety of this whole tier)), with those Shadowburns and/or Havoc'd spells hitting 15% harder, it's a DPS increase to take GoSac over the other Grimoires.

Then if you add in the Toxic Totem (responding to OP here), under the influence of GoSac, it means the procs will be hitting harder, making it more valuable as a trinket choice and making GoSac more valuable as a talent choice at the same time. They have good synergy with each other.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-10-09 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Then if you add in the Toxic Totem (responding to OP here), under the influence of GoSac, it means the procs will be hitting harder, making it more valuable as a trinket choice and making GoSac more valuable as a talent choice at the same time. They have good synergy with each other.
    That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter how hard you hit (as long as you actually hit, because that's what procs the trinket). The relevant part is that it doesn't proc from pet attacks and thus works better when you sacrifice your pet. If we were looking for big multistrike hits then the trinket would be useless for Affliction.

Kabrex, might want to do a bit of research...they fixed the bug with gosac F&B spells not working properly. Anytime you are F&B'ing there are adds, anytime there are adds there are shadowburn opportunities, anytime there are shadowburn opportunities gosac is stronger. Especially with KTT which doesn't interact with pets/guardians.

So in addition to its other advantages gosac is more compatible with trinkets available this tier. AFAIK bindings does not apply its crit damage bonus to pet crits either...

LOL also realized that if you look at the T15 sim you will think gosac is "behind in most situations" but if you sim most anyone in SoO gear it will have outscaled that historical ilvl to where its almost universally stronger even single target. Only place I wouldn't use gosac is something like h.thok but I'd play aff or demo on that fight instead.
    Last edited by Werst; 2013-10-09 at 10:13 PM.