Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    people mistake flex as the new-LFR-just-without-tool.
    as OP obviously seems to do.

now that guy wanted something different. he wanted a serious, quick, problem free run with geared and experienced people. hence the requirements.
    thats the nice thing about flex. your raid, your rules. you want an LFR like run? "LFM FLEX you dont need to know anything, we are 5 people carrying the raid!". bet that is what OP looks for. well, that guy's group seems not to be the right one then.

My guild is much more laid back. We have done 2/14 normal, and 6/14 flex. We don't zerg, and we don't push things we know we don't have the time/manpower/whatever for.

That said, we have an average ilvl of about 528. And we down what we need to with ease. So the flex groups requiring 14/14 normal and 540+ ilvl are cutting themselves short I think. Lots of good raiders that have just been taking their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayelie View Post
    My guild is much more laid back. We have done 2/14 normal, and 6/14 flex. We don't zerg, and we don't push things we know we don't have the time/manpower/whatever for.

That said, we have an average ilvl of about 528. And we down what we need to with ease. So the flex groups requiring 14/14 normal and 540+ ilvl are cutting themselves short I think. Lots of good raiders that have just been taking their time.
    That's good for you guys. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with a group that wouldn't be able to clear flex wings. You call it "taking your time" but I call it "wasting mine".

To each their own. As long as you're enjoying yourself and every one agrees that it's a pace you're all okay with.

Deleted
    If i would start a flexgroup i would (depending on which part) do almost the same. I dont want people in 500 ilvl that havent cleared anything, its too much of an effort.
    Im 559 ilvl and still have upgrades in flex (trinkets >_>) and would not do charity work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Okay, I see you purposely misunderstood my post as well as ignored the rest of the post you recently quoted for some reason.
    Nothing on purpose, though just reacting to the generalizations that are common it seems.

I see flex as training and progress and gearing to do normals after we know the fights and are able to do it, your view on it might be completely different. For you normal might be seen as training and progress and gearing to do heroics after you know the fights and are able to do it.

I know that I should be able to tank flex part one and two with my current gear and if the rng is nice to me I get some better gear, making things easier. Though personally I think that everyone should read a bit about the bosses and what they do before even starting with a raid or LFR (I do not like LFR due to the AFK dps/heals dps, cue as heals, rude idiots and also everyone blaming the tanks if its a wipe.)

If I would make a flex pug I would request people to have the same as I have and for dps a little bit more due to the fact that the higher the dps well things get a bit easier :P but if someone knows the fights and is willing to accept its not a smooth run then he or she is welcome

Deleted
    They're for fast and smooth clears, a lot of the time for off-spec gear/achieves/alts or for people that have maybe 1 slot they need filled and don't want to wipe on Malkorok for an hour because people don't know how to stay out of breath.

There are plenty of other runs for you to join, you're not entitled to the free easy boosts just because it's called Flex.

And the record I'm 564 working on heroics and still pug flex on openraid for my off-spec gear because I miss the guild runs due to work, if there's an option to clear them in 2 hours instead of 6 then that's awesome and I'm glad some runs have such high restrictions.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-10-10 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    yea, cuz everyone under 540ilvl is a moron
    So I raided for 7 Years and was ranked one of the highest dps in the world. Yet my item level is 532 because I no longer raid. Am I a moron?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    That's good for you guys. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with a group that wouldn't be able to clear flex wings. You call it "taking your time" but I call it "wasting mine".

To each their own. As long as you're enjoying yourself and every one agrees that it's a pace you're all okay with.
    And you are also one of those people whining next month "there's nothing more to do!"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    And you are also one of those people whining next month "there's nothing more to do!"...
    Somehow i don't think his end goal is clearing flex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So I raided for 7 Years and was ranked one of the highest dps in the world. Yet my item level is 532 because I no longer raid. Am I a moron?
    Nobody has said "people with low itemlevel are morons" in this thread, and nobody is taking shots at you in particular so idk what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Somehow i don't think his end goal is clearing flex.
    Somehow I do think he already has the required 14/14...

What a NEW concept that we NEVER see in real life. Setting the standards high enough to eliminate a large source of the bad quality people.

It's not like we do this when searching for job applicants, or potential dates, or pretty much anything else.

Humans put things in buckets in order to most efficiently sort out what would be a bad time. It's less likely someone with those qualifications is going to be bad. Is it possible? Sure. Is it also more likely that that someone 0/14 N with a 520 ilvl is going to be bad? Yup. But does that mean all people wiht those qualifications are bad? No.

Critical thinking is your friend.

With 540 ilvl, half the gear in flex will still be upgrades.

I don't really see that as excessive. in my 25man pugs, I end up looking for around 530/535 for wing 3, but end up accepting mostly 540+ due to lack of room for the lower itemlevels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Somehow I do think he already has the required 14/14...
    somehow i do think there is also something more than the required 14/14nhc

10+ Year Old Account
    540 is required now a days. the timeless island gear fucked us over. it's garbage stat gear thats 535 Ilevel. if he set the requirement any lower you would get some 2 week old lvl 90's with shitty timeless all hit/exp 535's.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with people wanting an easy run?

There's nothing wrong with requirements. He wants a group of geared and experienced people, just as you want a
    group of under geared and inexperienced people. It's the same thing, just different requirements. Lol. If you had that ilv and gear you'd think it's the greatest flex run ever. Nice quick and easy run.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I agree about the smooth run - it's always more enjoyable to do things easily and fast than losing time in wipes.

Anyway, the point is why he needs that requirements for flex? Certainly that people don't need the loot - 540+ means above any flex piece of gear - so it's just one of these options:
    - he wanted a boost run for himself or other people,
    - he wanted to do something completely unrelated with gear drops.

Perfectly free to do any of the two, just it isn't appealing for a guy who already knows everything to run a random guy from trade into flex - i'd go with an alt. I know the fights and can do proper damage so i'd come with that.
    Actually, I'm running w/ an ilvl 548 and have 6 pieces, plus a couple of Tier side grades that Flex can provide for me.

I certainly understand why people want a ilvl 540+ group, it means that people have most likely spent more time in the SoO non-LFR fights, so they actually have to do mechanics and have a clue what is going on. The run is faster, less explaining, less time running back from a wipe, etc. However, sometimes in the higher ilvl groups, people just faceroll and it turns into chaos. That happened on a W1 run this week, more than half the flex group was at least 1/14H, we got to Protectors and DPS were just doing random burns, no solid order, ended up with rook dead and the other 2 at 20%+, thing is we had the DPS to wipe them both out before Rook respawned, which was then followed by a run to Norushen that involved the raid going in 3 different directions because they were used to how their respective guilds did it.

It was entertaining, we didn't use vent, didn't communicate much, had multiple strategies going for each boss, wiped a few times, had fun, got through it pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    What's wrong with people wanting an easy run?
    Nothing. Something people seem to conveniently forget when it is combined with a particular feature they don't like.

Deleted
    It's annoying trying to get my 520/530 alt's in, but on the other hand when I make a group with a few guildies on our 560+ mains I look for 545+ myself. Yea we could boost a few 510 nubs but why should we?