Thread: ZG Mounts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have gotten both since MoP launched - I think actually I came back right before ToT opened, is that 5.3? Yea well I really wanted the raptor - best looking raptor ingame no doubt, red and armored? yes please. And I got that after like a few days of farming. But it took about 5-6 months of daily farming to get the panther. And to be honest it seemed like everyone in my guild had it the same way... easier raptor, no panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    Yea I was also wondering this. During Cata I ran ZG daily on 2 toons and seen a total of 3 panthers and 1 raptor (won the raptor). But ever since MoP I can't seem to get the panther to drop. For MoP I decided to play my retired main that only did ZG like twice in Cata. He now has a total of 124 kills... and no panther drops.

So yea it seems that the drop % was nerfed for MoP since you can solo it with ease as oppose to cata when you needed a group or just be a DK lol
    I doubt they nerfed the droprates. I only ever saw the panther drop once during Cata. It's just another 1% drop chance mount like the drakes from Vortex Pinnacle and Deepholm. The only mounts that have a confirmed lowered droprate are the 100% drop mounts from heroic tier bosses.

You are just unlucky with not having it after 124 kills, but that's simply down to RNG. It's not even that bad, statistically at least. There's a 28.8% chance that you wouldn't have seen a drop after 124 kills. So roughly 1 out of every 4 people have the same (bad) luck as you. 1% is just a really low drop chance.

I got the raptor recently, in patch 5.4, yes. Got the vortex pinnacle drake in 5.4 also, and the VoA mammoth. They still drop. Just complete RNG.

No luck on the panther or the stonecore drake yet.

Edit: Scratch that, JUST got the stonecore drake, 67 total runs.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-10-13 at 04:22 AM.

I went to ZG 2 days ago on my Shaman to get the Hakkari Blade for transmog and the raptor mount dropped.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Raptor Mount after trying for about a week recently. I'm stilling working on getting the Panther Mount. So I can confirm they do still exist.

zgx4

panther took me seemingly forever

I got the raptor two months ago working on the panther now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got the panther 2 weeks before 5.4
    and the raptor last week i guess,

For everyone going: omg lucky bastard, been farming the bosses since 5.2 on a daily basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Wasn't rightly sure where to put this so if it's the wrong spot feel free to move it. Anyway, I was curious if anyone was gotten either mount from the redesigned ZG lately. I've run both bosses everyday for the past two months and still never seen the mounts. I get that RNG is RNG but I just want to make sure they even still drop and I"m not wasting my time. Back when the area was current the mounts dropped quite frequently.

Got panther mount 3 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    I go there once a day on my MW Monk. She has the easiest time in there.

Got Swift Zulian Tiger, Hate the fact I never got original raptor or amani bear =(
    Feels good to have Zulian Tigerx2, Zulian Raptor and Amani roar bear (lvl70)

Deleted
    Also had 3 or 4 original raptors drop, never saw the tiger. Tried for panther for fun a few weeks back and got it in 3 kills Never seen the armored raptor.