Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seeing that the Crusader in D3 is going to have an ability to mount in combat - expect some form of a spectral Charger as an ability in 6.0. I would still like to see each spec have an aura that works well with each spec - Holy given one for interrupt/silence immunity, Prot with damage reduction, and Ret with damage reflection. I still think that Seal of Justice will get the Holy TV treatment as a way to combine the PTR they had not too long ago with the current T15 4P.

Oh, and most importantly: Give us a new Avenging Wrath animation. The paper wings were nice in 2007, but they desperately need an update.

The old burden of guilt. Baseline.
    Basically sitting in SoJ now, cause everythings flees from me (even with bog glyph).

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Glyph of Rainbow Prism: Instead of this super boring yellow beam, you now shoot a rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    One of the things I miss about prot in Cata was the talent that allowed Divine Plea to generate 3 HoPo for clutch situations. Even only having that every 2 minutes would be quite nice so we can mitigate a screwup or apply some more pressure in PVP or something.

How screwed is druid damage and utility in PVP because of the potential to heal? From what I've read the general sentiment it's not or even if it is a bit it's definitely not compared to Ret. If seals are going to be treated as stances, make them act like stances dammit!

Likewise, if we're going to have a redone version of Combo Points, give us more than damage and crap to use with it.
    Yeah, we need a few more abilities that use Holy Power, until then Holy Power will continue to feel like a superficial gimmick.

Seriously, get rid of Inq or bake it into our abilities.
    I know it sounds like I'm bitching here (and you're right) but making sure to keep up a buff that is fundamental to our DPS is such a WotLK thing. I thought Blizz wanted to keep away from those things?
    SnD ... Inq ... you all gotta keep up those buffs. It just seems like such an outdated mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Yeah, we need a few more abilities that use Holy Power, until then Holy Power will continue to feel like a superficial gimmick.
    If that wasn't sarcasm, I don't necessarily agree with that. You only need a few meaningful abilities (For instance, tanks with their primary active mitigation being around HP).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

Changes I would make:

1) Itemization (all specs + classes): Consolidate a lot of loot, basically so tanks and melee/hunters share stats, and healers and casters do.
    Ret and prot paladins kind of do have a shared set already if said prot paladin aims for mastery and haste over avoidance, but eh. Could see arguing over hunters rolling on everything once again, lolol.

6) Exorcism (ret): Make Exorcism less useless for Ret (in other words, scale it a bit better). It's disappointing how its so low in the priority list while an Art of War proc should be "exciting" rather. Perhaps make Exorcism AoE baseline while still allowing it to be used at range, to get some passive cleave.
    Agree, I like Exo and enjoy it when Art of War procs, though am sad due to how low on the priority list it is. AoE Exo baseline would be amazing imo, though I usually sport the Mass Exo glyph when it's useful to do so, love it.

7) Hammer of the Righteous, AoE (ret/prot): Hammer of the Righteous is still really clumsy, someone suggested replacing it with Consecration, others suggest allowing it to be spammed, others suggest this and that. One idea could be to allow Consecration ticks a chance (with diminishing returns based on number of targets) to generate Holy Power for Ret (this is radical, I know) and replace Hammer completely.
    Not so sure that would be a good thing. Consecrate's neat and all but that change would feel too RNG for my tastes. Quit playing a dps warrior for the most part because of the crit RNG reliance, though I know it's not quite the same as said Consecration change suggestion. Still though, just sounds...off.

Didn't quote the stuff I left out cause I agree with most of it. Just these bits(sans the Exo one since I agree with that) would leave me cause for concern methinks.

Personally, I'd like Seals to be more exciting, dunno how I'd do it but...something other than SoT for Single-target and cleave up to 3 or so and SoR for 4+. Never use SoJ since I kinda quit PvP and don't ever end up using insight unless soloing a very tough thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Mexo on 30 yards not with melee restriction
    Some kind of gap closer since u open boss with Judgement (mexo glyph is on) and waste legendary cloak proc before u even reach boss

Titans Grip, just a 2-hander with shield!

Don't take away their interupt please for the love of God. I went BE only because outside of shield it was the only interupt we had availiable.

That being said remove how tied we are to Haste. As it stands at low gear levels we are sluggish and in the end of and expansion it can boil down to generator+generator+generator+finisher. Haste is cool but we are too closely linked to it now. What I want is Wrath Ret back again. Man I loved that shit. It was awesome having a Priority rotation.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    About the only real change I'd like to see -- though it isn't paladin-specific -- is the reworking or removal of Vengeance. I'm okay (rather impressed, actually) with how it's been used to scale active mitigation tools this expansion, but its effect on tank dps has become obscene. So if the devs are having seemingly insurmountable troubles tuning tank damage outputs at various levels of attack power, just tune their damage without Vengeance and restrict its application to active mitigation / self-healing only.

I'd like to see Guardian of Kings possibly becoming more of a pet than something you just click on every time it's off CD. Idk, I just think that it could add a little bit of flavor to pallies.

Sac duration reduced, undispellable, redesign Tier6, make us not only viable when comps like TSG/KFC hold reign

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    Sac duration reduced, undispellable, redesign Tier6, make us not only viable when comps like TSG/KFC hold reign
    I can go with sac undispellable, it's the only external CD in game that is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by s133zy View Post
    Titans Grip, just a 2-hander with shield!
    I've thought this would be a good idea for years. A lot of classic Paladin art does indeed give the impression that the Paladin is using a 2-hander and shield...obviously, numbers can be tweaked to make it not overpowered, and it would be extremely unique. I've always though Paladins should rely on shields more than warriors, not the other way around, and the general Paladin archetype seems to fit this philosophy. There are plenty of specs that use just a 2-hander, yet none that focus on 2-hander and shield, Fury can do it, but it's not really how the spec is played usually.

More things to use holy power on, and removal of dodge/parry on plate. I really like the system that leather tanks use.

Seals more tied to specs (maybe give a bonus like insight do to healing), every time we judge/holy shock, the seal animation appears or something like that. Make it iconic

Ret only: a gap closer. Maybe the opposite effect of death grip (dk are yang to our ying in lore) or an instant teleport to our target location (laotl it's just ok to transition phase but Now its time to evolve)
    Goak: its a spirit? Then he need to fly fast (he has wings) and do some more than just auto attacks
    And i LOVE the idea of have 2h and a shield

Aw: more visual work to wings. We can see this on legendary cloacks and Priest wings. Give us true light angel wings that leaves feathers on the way.

More visual and funny glyphs (like bladded judgements work with all hammer type spells, or the shinning armor like the draenei paladin from tbc intro), moar light please

Holy: if we need to judge (sh), make it to smart heal for dmg done (like we used to do in cata, there was a talent for that) and more range and holy shock proc sh too (its almost a waste have it to use 1 stack ever), sacred shield scales with mastery. Ef ticks refresh iluminated healing (just reset their duration, no adding absorb)

And sorry for my english. It isn't my native language
    Last edited by rubenmsalles; 2013-10-16 at 08:38 PM.

Make us turn into the Guardian of Ancient Kings when we cast it, á la Ascendance for shamans.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take inquisition out for ret, blend it into Seal of Truth, make Seal of Righteousness provide a passive low grade version of Sacred Shield and bring back Holy Shield for prot so we can actually block. Make seal of insight provide something more fun for holy like a 10-20% of the damage we deal also does its own version of Atonement healing. On top of that either make Devo a full 20% damage reduction instead of magic, or give us an actual raid CD that does a little more than break/prevent silences, another thing....bring back our multi taunt for prot

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt EF will ever apply mastery again, they removed that in 5.4 as it was far to strong and made EF vastly superior in the Tier 3 talents

Let me transmog shileds into off hands (hpally wit a holly book anyone?). More cosmetic glyphs (cons using similiar graphics as lhammer etc.). More hopo finishers for holy or at least make the "aoe" one stronger, actualy make all aoe hpally healing stronger (maybe better scalling with crit?), change holy mastery (few nice ideas were in us ptr forums for hpally before realise of 5.4) or revert the ef not rolling mastery shield nerf (it doesnt have to expand the shield, just keep it rolling). Remove dodge/parry (merge to one stat - avoidance - if have to), or at last remove it from tier pieces. Revert the GC change (I know that overall its a buff, but... I dont like random proc from random proc - i wanna be rewarded for pushing my buttons faster and in correct rotation). I have more than one seal? Didnt notice... well mayby only as an annoinece when spec changing from prot to holy and having to activate the only one I have (I have one dont I?) - often even forgeting it.
    The list can go on...

Update: Last Ive checked EF does apply mastery - the big heal part just not the HoT