Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why not just add official bots into LFR?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The healer was just really tearing into the poor guy, but was still diligently tanking and pulling at a normal pace, so I couldn't vote to kick the retard.

It was probably the most disgusting behavior I've seen in a long time in this game.
    SMH.

/10char

Letting more classes tank is not the solution. How many druids, DK's, Monks, Paladins and Warriors did you have in your LFR group when you zoned in? How many of them decided to tank? How many tanks you've gotten were actually competent?
    It's a question of not getting rewarded enough for the effort of being a tank, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only way to get more people to tank is to reward people for tanking. Positive incentives.

i.e. more stachels, more Valor, more gold, more rare materials, more epic loots;
    guaranteed favorable odds.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Why not just add official bots into LFR?
    Because 1 human, 24 bots would probably perform better and faster and have a higher gear chance than 25 humans.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not everyone loves to be a melee x)
    If i could tank as a hunter, i would tank for shizz! =D
    hahaha yeah, that'd be super fun. Or they could implement warlock tanking with all the defensives they have rofl.

Every one of my toons are Tanks. Glorion, my main does not touch LFR as we are starting heroics already. My Alt which is a pally tank does not do LFR now that Flex is in the game.

Flex is a MUCH better experience than LFR is.

As mentioned, tanking is slightly harder than the other roles due to the knowledge required to run the fights successfully. Healers just play whack-a-mole with health bars, and dps just slam their rotation till shit dies.

To tank in this game is to also invite stress and bullshit. Anything goes wrong, anything, and it's the tank's fault. DPS stand in fire and die, tank's fault. Healers waste a brez on a dps, tank's fault. Wipe, always the tank's fault. Conceptually it's the easiest role in the game, just make sure the nasty things hit you instead of the others, in practice though it's a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    even if i wanted to tank, im unable to because of the class i rolled 6 years ago.

if NO classes were able to heal, tank AND dps, i'd say cool, whatever... but with the existence of paladins and druids, it feels like we need less classes but more options.
    no matter how big a carrot you put on the stick for tanking, only a small subset of the players are even able to try for it. if every class (or effectively every class) had the option of tanking, you'd only see a rise in the tank population.
    and THEN the only limiter would be the general player dislike for tanking.
    Eh? 5 out of 11 classes have a tanking spec. And when you consider that the hybrid classes have a higher representation than pure dps, I'd say about half of the active population can tank.

Its not worth homogenising the classes to fix what is largely a community problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    cloth tanks is just a dumb concept. sorry, no.

plate stops a sword.
    leather can be waxed and hardened to stop a sword.

cloth. NOT.
    A) Magic shields, bro. And demonform for warlocks.
    B) Mages and locks had quite a few tanking roles in TBC.

I'm still against the idea because as it is 50% of the wow population has a tank spec and I like having SOME class variety, but objecting to cloth is not it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    the only way to get more people to tank is to reward people for tanking. Positive incentives.

i.e. more stachels, more Valor, more gold, more rare materials, more epic loots;
    guaranteed favorable odds.
    If we do that it should be a system that covers all roles, not specifically tanking roles. As the rewards start to be more useful, more people would tank, shifting the balance of the queue and requiring more people to switch to healer or dps.

It's such a fine line to balance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If we do that it should be a system that covers all roles, not specifically tanking roles. As the rewards start to be more useful, more people would tank, shifting the balance of the queue and requiring more people to switch to healer or dps.

Call to Arms already works for LFR and awards bonuses based on the least picked role, right?
    I guess they could expand on it by offering a better satchel if there is a severe shortage of a particular role.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I rarely pay much attention to the que times. I am either farming or doing dailies to pass the time away. I even go solo old content while I wait, there is always something else to do while wait for a que to pop.

Deleted
    People dont like playing tanks, no more specs is going to solve that, the classes have been cluttered enough as it is if you ask me (by that i mean everyone has everything - which makes the classes feel less special)

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    SMH.

/10char
    What, did my use of the word retard offend you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    As mentioned, tanking is slightly harder than the other roles due to the knowledge required to run the fights successfully. Healers just play whack-a-mole with health bars, and dps just slam their rotation till shit dies.

To tank in this game is to also invite stress and bullshit. Anything goes wrong, anything, and it's the tank's fault. DPS stand in fire and die, tank's fault. Healers waste a brez on a dps, tank's fault. Wipe, always the tank's fault. Conceptually it's the easiest role in the game, just make sure the nasty things hit you instead of the others, in practice though it's a different story.
    Tanking is hard in LOLFR??? Dude, it's fucking game, not quantum physics. But, ok, I get it. It's only Wow after all, 90% of population no brain idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Tanking is hard in LOLFR??? Dude, it's fucking game, not quantum physics. But, ok, I get it. It's only Wow after all, 90% of population no brain idiots.
    The "hard" part is scaping the anonymity. Tanking in LFR is trivial, but requires 1) knowing why the boss is waving his hands around 2) being there instead of hiding behind +15 players that share your role and responsabilities.

They could make the 10 classes being able to tank and not solve it. The only way is to heavily bribe adept tank players into LFR, while not doing so with the good DPS, to not get the same proportion. So no loot. Something like one mount of your choosing for each LFRs may suffice, or 1 month free subscription each 10 minutes in there, don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Hard? No, nothing in this game is hard. Unforgiving and unrewarding? Yup. I simply don't tank LFR because there will be a half dozen idiots that will do nothing but bitch and moan about how I'm doing it wrong. This is especially an issue on new content where I am expected to know every encounter by heart, even on day one.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

the satchel system that already exists is dynamic, it rewards people for tanking and healing specifically and only when there are not enough of those roles to fill groups, in theory the satchel system could reward DPS with satchels if by some bizzarre alignment of the planets there were not enough DPS vis-a-vis tanks/healers, but in practice that never happens.

I for one have certainly tanked dungeons and raids when the tank-satchel was up from which i otherwise would have just recused myself.

i think the satchel is already functioning as intended but it's not strong enough, the satchel should be more generous and more common, the threshold to offer satchels should be any LFR that has to wait more than a few minutes for ANY missing role, and the satchels should have better gear/pet/gold/mat drop rates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What, did my use of the word retard offend you?

i think it was head-shaking with you not at you,
    as in he sympathized with you frustration/disgust.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Eh? 5 out of 11 classes have a tanking spec. And when you consider that the hybrid classes have a higher representation than pure dps, I'd say about half of the active population can tank.
    math says otherwise. 6 out of 11 classes. CANNOT. tank. even if they somehow acquire a 'tanking set' and 'want to tank' or blizzard decided to say 'hey, queue as tank and you get a FREE GUARANTEED MOUNT and set of legendaries!' the game simply won't let a mage queue as tank. it won't.

i'm not saying the community isn't a problem...

but i *am* saying that there's only so much Blizzard can do to stop toxic players. i'd love to see some simple & elegant fixes to make players less toxic and more fun... but the very nature of disorganized LFR raiding helps ensure that there will be an above average concentration of players who lack the social niceties to be accepted into an organized raid.

Blizzard *CAN* however, decide to alter the gameplay and add 4th roles to the classes currently lacking a healer or tank role.

Deleted
    make old tier LFR the new 5man,

either change old tier to 10man lfr with 2 tanks, 3 heals and 5 dps

or

make them 5man (not a personal favourite option but a workable one).

Keep current tier as it is but use the 10man model as a roadtest for how LFR should be formed in the future.

10man would be less likely to allow for afk, faster kills as overall dps would be higher doing 30k would guarantee dps a kick in 10man. /2c