Is Battle Pass worth your money?

On May 8 2018, the highly anticipated Dota 2 The International 2018 Battle Pass was released which not only added some brand new exclusive cosmetic items, but also a ton of new features and game modes. But the release caused quite a few complaints to rise up in the Dota 2 community about the Battle Pass and the rewards it offers.

So the question arises: Is it worth your money?

The magical solution to this problem is... don't buy it if you think it's not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    The magical solution to this problem is... don't buy it if you think it's not worth it.
    It's not about the magical solution, though, which I totally agree with. However, if you look at it then you see you find a couple of things which are interesting about this. First thing is people are expecting the TI8 Prize Pool to be around $30million. Secondly, The TI8 Prize Pool recently was going under TI7's and now it's nearing $13million with two months to go. Will it be able to accumulate $30million? And by 2020, the prize pool for The International is expected to hit the US$50 million mark. That's why you are bound to think is it worth your money?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
    It's not about the magical solution, though, which I totally agree with. However, if you look at it then you see you find a couple of things which are interesting about this. First thing is people are expecting the TI8 Prize Pool to be around $30million. Secondly, The TI8 Prize Pool recently was going under TI7's and now it's nearing $13million with two months to go. Will it be able to accumulate $30million? And by 2020, the prize pool for The International is expected to hit the US$50 million mark. That's why you are bound to think is it worth your money?
    Holy shit batman, that was quite the load of rubbish you just posted. By 2050 the prize pool will be a wooping 200 million by your logic.

Who the fuck are the "people" you mention? Your mother, brother, sister and father don't count. Saying that people expect the prixe pool to land on 30M is beyond retarded and i sincerely hope you are simply trolling at this point. If not I advice you to go back to school.

P.s. Here you go:
    http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2018

Deleted
    Excuse me? It's not my logic! The Prize Pool this year was expected to hit $30million but it is going down now. Currently, at $13.8million and it's just not me saying if you read the community and how they expect the things, and the way this year's prize pool started.

And no Einstein, people are not my family. You never call family "people". You are going somewhere where you have never been. Looking at the franchises getting into Esports MAYBE it'll hit $200million before 2050 and yes that is not insane at all, you know why? Only if you'd watched some MLB, NFL, Football Leagues, etc..

P.s. You got no imagination.

Deleted
    This years battle pass is trash unless you willing to spend money to buy levels.
    Even if you buy the 30 euro version , you wont get past 120 unless you really lucky. And the good stuff starts around 250 and best chat wheels are in 1000+ levels.
    This is my first battle pass that i am going to skip.

I bought it and wish I could refund, previous years were better.

same i get all b pass every year but this year im not interest

Deleted
    I wonder when are they going to release the Immortal Treasure II? It only reminds me of this image.

I don't play dota anymore; I looked at the battle pass and was like "yeah, not going to spend money on something that gives me nothing decent until level 150"

So I didn't buy it, valve just money grabbing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    I don't play dota anymore; I looked at the battle pass and was like "yeah, not going to spend money on something that gives me nothing decent until level 150"

So I didn't buy it, valve just money grabbing.
    Lord Gaben needs your money.

I completely agree this year the battle pass is complete garbage so far! Valve just released the Eminent Revival Bundle and its still just... meh
    Last edited by Will-I-am; 2018-07-18 at 01:56 PM.

No, It is not worth my money

It's not, and its for sure!

it is to me. I assume I'm paying $10 for the initial rewards. I expect that, and that to me is worth it.

Everything I gain from simply playing by getting levels are extra to me which makes it fantastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    it is to me. I assume I'm paying $10 for the initial rewards. I expect that, and that to me is worth it.

Everything I gain from simply playing by getting levels are extra to me which makes it fantastic.
    Yeah I guess for some people it's worth it but after the recent screw-up while releasing Immortal III I thought that they have lost it but then making up to it very quickly was something by which Valve outdid themselves but then again there were people crying about it.

I actually like it this year. Underhollow is pretty fun.

It really depends from what you want. It's not essential, but it does make life a lot easier