Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Anti-fracking protest NB, Canada

RCMP has drawn snipers and and tazers and guns on Native protestors.

What you guys think?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...xton-1.2100703
    Last edited by Trematode; 2013-10-17 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    RCMP are Police, not Military.

There's nothing in there about the military it's RCMP (aka, police) enforcing a legal injunction to allow the company access to their equipment, which is being blocked by an illegal protest by a bunch of hippies.

Fuck off back to your homes people. Half of them don't even understand what the deal is. God forbid New Brunswick fracking actually results in some sort of economic boost for the province so it can stop sponging off the rest of the country. Especially a bunch of "first nations" people who don't pay taxes or contribute to shit.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-10-17 at 04:29 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snipers? Where? I must have missed it. I honestly doubt we own still working snipers...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    RCMP are Police, not Military.
    Yah, what Rich said. Wasn't the blue uniform a tip off?
    pro tip: the Canadian forces wear something you'd expect from a modern military. Here's a look at CADPAT in case you wondered.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CADPAT

edit: also, those aren't hippies, those are 'empowered students fighting the establishment', if they could get a clear thought between them and find a cause that needed the attention it'd be a bloody wonder.
    Now hippies, are more like this
    Lets get our pigeonholes right shall we, lest we all sound like the herp ship just smashed into derp isle.
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2013-10-17 at 04:31 PM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I wrong that the "protestors" are/were blocking traffic on a public road for those who had legitimate business to use that road?

Also just because I must...

This can't be true!!! Cadana doesn't have a military!!!
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    There's nothing in there about the military it's RCMP (aka, police) enforcing a legal injunction to allow the company access to their equipment, which is being blocked by an illegal protest by a bunch of hippies.

Fuck off back to your homes people. Half of them don't even understand what the deal is. God forbid New Brunswick fracking actually results in some sort of economic boost for the province so it can stop sponging off the rest of the country. Especially a bunch of "first nations" people who don't pay taxes or contribute to shit.
    Talk about Racism.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Am I wrong that the "protestors" are/were blocking traffic on a public road for those who had legitimate business to use that road?

Also just because I must...

This can't be true!!! Cadana doesn't have a military!!!
    Yah and it certainly wasn't asked to train or take command of your guys recently overseas either...oh wait..
    But you are correct about the protesters
    Times like that I think the words most people think are "beep beep I'm a jeep".
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    Talk about Racism.
    Sorry which part is racist? Perhaps if it wasn't true sure. Would be super racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    The police doing their job? What a shock!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Yah and it certainly wasn't asked to train or take command of your guys recently overseas either...oh wait..
    But you are correct about the protesters
    Times like that I think the words most people think are "beep beep I'm a jeep".
    Those who can't do, teach .

Talk about Racism.
    Not sure what in his post could even possibly be construed as racism.

If the "protesters" are in fact blocking public roads for those who have legitimate business using them, they cease to be protestors and are at best criminals and at worst insurrectionists.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Not sure what in his post could even possibly be construed as racism.

If the "protesters" are in fact blocking public roads for those who have legitimate business using them, they cease to be protestors and are at best criminals and at worst insurrectionists.
    Probably my "first nations people" comment, which ranks with like "all taxi drivers are pakistani" in terms of racially charged statements...in other words, not important. Only difference, what I said was true. Protesting normal and responsible land development in between depositing their pogey cheques.

I can't help but point out that our police line looks incredibly lame in the picture they used there.

I know they're trying to intimidate, but it's not really working.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about Racism.
    Hippies are a race now?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I can't help but point out that our police line looks incredibly lame in the picture they used there.

I know they're trying to intimidate, but it's not really working.
    How can one intimidate a line full of cottage cheese stuffed into leggings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who can't do, teach .
    I always hated that saying. Most of my university professors did. They very much did. Some were CFOs, one was a California Attourney General, I had a couple who were VPs of marketing in various companies, etc. Then when they were in their 50s able to retire on what they'd earned during their lives, they stopped doing and started teaching.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

By the by, they don't have 'snipers'. You can see the few with guns pretty clearly in this video, and they are definitely not 'snipers'.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Hippies are a race now?
    So Native people are Hippies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, people who don't understand science and engineering are pretending they understand it in order to pick an argument. I bet their little minds would explode if they knew as much oil leaks by natural seepage into the oceans as was caused by Deepwater Horizon and it was nothing to environment couldn't cope with alone (even though it took some damage in the process) or that we are zapping the atmosphere so we can investigate the ionosphere.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about Racism.
    Agreed, wtf is that all about? I do understand that it is frustrating to have some half read no research person post false things, then to have other clueless people base 43 pages of baseless opinionated squirts of text shit, especially over some twits who are protesting over some of the lesser of the evils of industry....

and it is true that we had blockades and stand offs with a certain Native Canadian band a decade or so ago, which was quite an eyesore and stressful for relations between their culture and the majority of Canadians, though it's been rather rough the whole way for native Canadians who are working towards a balance between moving with the times and preserving their culture.
    So while I dislike this example of outright nastiness, I can see where it came from, and the root of it, we're not perfect and always in harmony up here. But for the most part, no matter your skin, you can find a place where people will just leave you the fuck alone.
    For the most part.
    That's one of the best things about Canada.