Thread: Lfr dps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, LFR is content for people who don't play well. People who are good are taken into Flex groups, raid normals with guild/pugs or even HCs.

Now, let's get this straight. Anyone here (I guess) is capable of saying that in 496 ilvl gear they would do 100k at the very least. Enough said. Thats because everybody on this forum is quite a good player.

Now imagine a total newbie in WoW. A player who wears 496 ilvl from Timeless Isle in pretty much every slot. Ungemmed and unenchanted, because he doesn't really understand yet how big a difference they make, and even if he did, he doesn't understand what does this difference mean. This player is playing a dps class without looking into Icy-Veins even once, he pretty much presses buttons, kinda understanding what they do and how they work, but only up to the level "Core Abilities" tab provides. Of course, he doesn't understand stat priorities and other bullshit, thats out. Pretty much, a newbie to WoW.

And this person lands in LFR. And people shit all over him because he is doing 40k dps. Which is the optimal dps under the circumstances above.

For me, LFR is severly overtuned. Like, two times harder than it should be. Because right now, if the group would be FULL of players like the above, they wouldn't come even close to killing any boss. The only reason LFR is kinda working is thanks to people who hunt for tier/trinkets or simply gear up alts, being able to squeeze this 100k in 496 gear. If LFR would only be used the way it's intended - a beginners raid mode - it would totally die out quickly. And Blizzard is tuning LFR around players with yeah, 496 ilvl, but with good raiding experiance. And that is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I had a fury warrior last night with full timeless plate tanking gear, 1 450 blue weapon and 1 390 green weapon. Doing 22k.

Everyone tried to kick him and he ninja pulled the boss!

I have absolutely no issues with LFR but I truly have begun to despise timeless isle.
    and whose fault this is if not blizzard's for showering people in crappy 496 timless isle purples ? at least in previous expansions if u wanted to catch up with gear u had to spend 2-3 evening famring dungeons (if u were a good player ith lucky rng or 1-2 weeks if u were weaker player with unlucky rng) and had time to do some basic geming/enchanting on it - now allowing people to intant 496 on alts caused this waht is in lfr now - timelss isle gear is crap and since in lfr are now mostly less played alts if anything besides the typics lfr audience its isaster how it is. i feel geniuinly sorry for those who have to run lfr now.

u gave example of this dude - well he passed blizzard requirements to get there therefore he feel entitled to being able to run it - after all its blizzard who sets the rules ye ? ell maybe next expansion they will think before pulling crap stunt liek with timless isle gear catch up and put in some proper dungeons ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    To be honest, 60-70k and you are bad. 100k should be the desired minimum.
    Well, I 'll take being called bad, but when I was running my Pally alt through ToT, I couldn't break 70K. I even ran SimC on the toon and it's best case scenario DPS was 68K But, then I got a 502 weapon over my 471 and it was easy to break 90K. I'd need to see a video of a 496 geared person with no higher than 496 ilvl trinkets with a 463-471 weapon breaking 100K. I just find it hard to believe anyone can do 100K on a raid boss at that level.

I don't understand Blizzard's thinking in only offering a 476 weapon, at a minimum it should have been a 483 and really a 496.

To the OP, I agree that anything below 50K and they are most likely not really trying or have no idea how to play that toon. In either case, they don't belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    For me, LFR is severly overtuned. Like, two times harder than it should be. Because right now, if the group would be FULL of players like the above, they wouldn't come even close to killing any boss. And that is bullshit.
    I would argue if you can't be assed to learn the basics of a class before going into a group setting, where you under performing has an effect on everyone else, then you shouldn't be in there. Folks are going to have a hard enough time performing well while learning a new fight. Learning which button to hit when, should be handle before hand.

But if everyone was your standard Clueless person and they were the only ones doing LFR, then LFR would be nerfed down to that level. Look at Heroic Dungeons now compared to start of Cata
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-10-19 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    I just said I did it on an healer priest that I just respeced for fun. Obviously no set bonuses, no LMG, way over the hit cap, no trinkets etc. I can understand people being bad, doing 40k dps in timeless isle gear and looking for an excuse, but people defending them?
    Im not defending them and to be honest i dont care what excuse any1 would use. Im was just saying set bonus/trinket/meta ect ect DO alot extra dps and have no idea how much a lower skilled person would do of DPS in full timeless gear. But hey thats why i dont do LFR moved to flex and avoid it.
    Last edited by mmoc5b0929c50e; 2013-10-19 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    Stuff like this is the reason I abandoned the crap out of LFR once flex went live. I gave it a few tries then realized that the people willing to put in effort to LFR instead put their efforts towards finding a group for flex. It seems all you get is the AFK auto-shotters now, and then maybe 4 people carrying the whole group. If you're lucky.

/pat. I agree with you, but now that anyone willing to put effort in is gone, logic has abandoned LFR.
    I too, abandoned LFR now that Flex is out. It gives me what I need, a way to get gear for alts. Previously LFR was a real snoozefest, I mostly AFK'd through every fight because "Fuck it", Flex I can do and still feel like I have to do something, not just afk and get free lewts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I don't think it's unreasonable to kick someone with very very low DPS. Though honestly I'd rather people try to help them. Just kicking people doesn't really help them to get better at their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    My advice to You is to do Flex and screw the LFR, they will have what they deserve once all good players will do Flex only.
    If all the "good" players were to do Flex instead of LFR, which is already unlikely, what LFR would get would be either incentives for "good" players to run it, or it would be tuned differently. So I guess if they'll "get what they deserve" - They'll get perks, wooo! For reasons beyond my understanding I see more raiders in LFR now than I did before, and I see a lot of Flex raiders in there as well. Noooo clue why. If my schedule allowed normal raiding I likely wouldn't touch LFR or Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I too, abandoned LFR now that Flex is out. It gives me what I need, a way to get gear for alts. Previously LFR was a real snoozefest, I mostly AFK'd through every fight because "Fuck it", Flex I can do and still feel like I have to do something, not just afk and get free lewts.
    Flex honestly isn't that much harder than LFR. It requires a little more coordination, but when I took an alt and healed Flex recently I was only half paying attention to WoW, and watching a documentary on Russian prison gangs. The run went very smoothly.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2013-10-19 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Flex honestly isn't that much harder than LFR. It requires a little more coordination, but when I took an alt and healed Flex recently I was only half paying attention to WoW, and watching a documentary on Russian prison gangs. The run went very smoothly.
    Nobody said Flex was hard if you already have done Normal, it's like going to LFR with a half guild group even. Zerg every boss, 2 heal in 20 man groups, etc.

40k is is unacceptable, at 558 ilvl i can do 89k sustained DPS by auto shooting with my pet. I would assume 40k is about average auto attack for most other classes. of 500+ ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    40k is is unacceptable, at 558 ilvl i can do 89k sustained DPS by auto shooting with my pet. I would assume 40k is about average auto attack for most other classes. of 500+ ilvl
    First off, casters don't auto attack. Second, you're a Hunter, so your pet does a lot of your damage for you, and you don't need to sustain any buffs to keep your auto-attack damage optimized. Have a Feral with a 502 doing nothing but auto-attack, or a Rogue with poisons off, and you're talking 15k at most.

Deleted
    Why would you alone tell a crowd that they suck in what they do? That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Why would you alone tell a crowd that they suck in what they do? That's insane.
    Because exclusion is this game's most overused form of elitism. "You suck at this game, why are you in LFR?" is a laughable comment.

You need 500ilvl to do SoO. At this ilvl, even with some Timeless item and not enchanted/gemmed. People should minimum do 70-80k dps. Any player that enchanted and gemmed will do 100-120k. But it's lfr and many people don't know their rotation and how to play or are just lazy.. on these 25 only 10 will play correctly.
    That's why I'm so happy with Flex now decent players, better ilvl, fast run!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are right, but since these forums are populated by the same people you are gonna be told you are an elitist prick.

Also, a 496 Timeless Isle gear cant do more than 50-60K dps in LFR, the gear sucks, weapons suck cause you dont have any actual weapon, trinkets suck cause they dont give 11k stats as ToT ones do.. Blizzard is clueless hence we got timeless isle and thats 60K dps if they know how to play, most are around 30-40K.
    Considering I did 60k dps in 460 gear on my 1st stone guard kill of the expansion I would hope people can do 40k in 496 gear. People should be able to easily do 100k dps in that gear level.

LFR is just sad these days. Usually only 4 or 5 people are above 100k dps. (even on fights that give you damage increases or have tons of aoe)
    Last edited by Jacob6875; 2013-10-19 at 04:30 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    First off, casters don't auto attack. Second, you're a Hunter, so your pet does a lot of your damage for you, and you don't need to sustain any buffs to keep your auto-attack damage optimized. Have a Feral with a 502 doing nothing but auto-attack, or a Rogue with poisons off, and you're talking 15k at most.
    Why would an afk rogue have his poisons off? Also the 89k he's talking about are not very influenced by his pet tbh. As a feral with similar item level (557 or lower at the time of testing) I could easily do 70k + dps with only savage roar and auto attacks. What influences this number the most is the legendary items.

I too have mostly abandoned LFR, as it is just an insane pain when I am not on my main and tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If all the "good" players were to do Flex instead of LFR, which is already unlikely, what LFR would get would be either incentives for "good" players to run it, or it would be tuned differently. So I guess if they'll "get what they deserve" - They'll get perks, wooo! For reasons beyond my understanding I see more raiders in LFR now than I did before, and I see a lot of Flex raiders in there as well. Noooo clue why. If my schedule allowed normal raiding I likely wouldn't touch LFR or Flex.
    "What the deserve" is a very versatile term it can be anything, but everything that will make running LFR a more pleasant experience is welcomed. I personally stopped doing LFR at point when it started to take more time than regular raiding (I raid 12 hours/Week) due to incompetence of almost all groups I encountered.

so if LFR is diminshed to loot chests with 0 effort its fine, but they cant take hours to complete. DS with all I hate about that raid, was at least fast, to get in, to clear it, to get loot and be out of there. I geared all my alts from DS in 2 weeks max, in MoP I have leveled my alts but they are useless because it takes forever to get any gear for them. My only semi-geared alt is Tank who is invited sometime for flex and was lucky enough to get serious ilvl bump in nerfed ToT on guild 25 altrun.

If I was ever unable to meet my schedule with raiding or altogether unable to raid at least normal I would rather quit entirely (like most of my working Friends did) because the time commitment is almost the same and rewards with experience is totally below satisfying (at least for me YouTube video of Heroic Kill by Method is much better experience than LFR Garrosh Kill (its not out yet and i will never do it))

10+ Year Old Account
    60-90k DPS is where people should be at 496. Some can do more but there's really no reason to be below 60k. Anyone whining about needing SoO gear to do better than that is bad or not trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Well, LFR is content for people who don't play well. People who are good are taken into Flex groups, raid normals with guild/pugs or even HCs.

Now, let's get this straight. Anyone here (I guess) is capable of saying that in 496 ilvl gear they would do 100k at the very least. Enough said. Thats because everybody on this forum is quite a good player.

Now imagine a total newbie in WoW. A player who wears 496 ilvl from Timeless Isle in pretty much every slot. Ungemmed and unenchanted, because he doesn't really understand yet how big a difference they make, and even if he did, he doesn't understand what does this difference mean. This player is playing a dps class without looking into Icy-Veins even once, he pretty much presses buttons, kinda understanding what they do and how they work, but only up to the level "Core Abilities" tab provides. Of course, he doesn't understand stat priorities and other bullshit, thats out. Pretty much, a newbie to WoW.
    Who has leveled 90 levels and could ask about how to be better in their guild. And who have have two tiers of LFR to figure things out by now.

Face it, there's not that many new people who are just hitting max level for the first time in WoW at this point in both WoW's life and MoP's life.
    For me, LFR is severly overtuned. Like, two times harder than it should be. Because right now, if the group would be FULL of players like the above, they wouldn't come even close to killing any boss. The only reason LFR is kinda working is thanks to people who hunt for tier/trinkets or simply gear up alts, being able to squeeze this 100k in 496 gear. If LFR would only be used the way it's intended - a beginners raid mode - it would totally die out quickly. And Blizzard is tuning LFR around players with yeah, 496 ilvl, but with good raiding experiance. And that is bullshit.
    Mail gear to me!!! Look, raids should NEVER be a guaranteed win. That's crap game design. At some point people need to play decently and I don't think asking people to just be decent is too much. What if people were doing 10k DPS? Should it be tuned for that?

Im sorry, but if someone is continuallly, tier after tier, doing bottom 30% DPS that's on them. They can improve. If they choose not to, that should mean they dont get to see everything. Many good games have Easy Modes. No good games have "I Win" buttons.

Lets put it this way, my boomie off spec dps spec, when I'm above hitcap, barely the first haste breakpoint, and 12% crit unbuffed, can perform 80k dps st at ilvl 500 on avg. If I get lucky with crits/starsurge procs, it can shoot up to 90-100k easily. I can peak around 140k. In aoe I'm still trying to get a handle on that exactly, so I can't express that.

If someone can't pull 40k in SoO they're gone in my book.
    Last edited by Angarin; 2013-10-20 at 12:22 AM.

After reaching lvl90 in Dragon soul heroic gear and Gurthalak I was able to pull about 100k dps, so 40-60k with timeless gear is out of the question. Its fascinating to see people in mostly Flex gear do ~130k but it's just a reality that the average LFR player is like a baby and his gear is like two wooden spoons and a saucepan which he then bangs on how he likes. You could give most of the players a 100 ilvl advantage and the only damage increase you would see would be the auto attacks.

I've said this multiple times, 25man LFR should be scaled to where 4 dps, 1 tank and 2 healers who play on a level that is acceptable for a human being is able to carry the whole boss and the additional people are just there to watch and feel good about themselves. There is no point to have any kind of reasonable requirement in an instance where the majority of players are either AFK or don't give a rats ass whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    After reaching lvl90 in Dragon soul heroic gear and Gurthalak I was able to pull about 100k dps, so 40-60k with timeless gear is out of the question. Its fascinating to see people in mostly Flex gear do ~130k but it's just a reality that the average LFR player is like a baby and his gear is like two wooden spoons and a saucepan which he then bangs on how he likes. You could give most of the players a 100 ilvl advantage and the only damage increase you would see would be the auto attacks.

I've said this multiple times, 25man LFR should be scaled to where 4 dps, 1 tank and 2 healers who play on a level that is acceptable for a human being is able to carry the whole boss and the additional people are just there to watch and feel good about themselves. There is no point to have any kind of reasonable requirement in an instance where the majority of players are either AFK or don't give a rats ass whats going on.
    All I can say is, jesus wtf 100k in that gear? Teach me...

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    All I can say is, jesus wtf 100k in that gear? Teach me...
    His dps numbers are like fishing tales, greatly exaggerated.