Thread: GW2 Or Wow

Deleted

GW2 Or Wow

Well this isntr really a vs like thread just wanted to hear ur experience on GW2
    I have been played wow for 3 years now and wanna try something new.
    Could Gw2 be a good game to start on and as i said before what is ur experience on the game

WoW is a very old and boring game which is now on its last legs. But GW2 is garbage that doesn't compare to wow even in wow's deplorable state.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    WoW is a very old and boring game which is now on its last legs. But GW2 is garbage that doesn't compare to wow even in wow's deplorable state.
    Completely disagree. GW2 is well worth the money. I strongly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Completely disagree. GW2 is well worth the money. I strongly recommend it.
    Played it for 3 hours. Still dunno how can people stay interested in it, besides the fact that it doesn't have a sub.

Deleted
    GW2 is very fun at low level, but i got a bit bored around level 40, i hear a lot of other people did the same. but its worth trying, the combat is pretty fun, the classes are cool, the public events are fun and the questing is different to WoW.

on the note of public events, im not sure how common they still are and how popular, i haven't really played gw2 since it released and at the time each event had at least 20 players helping on it.

Deleted
    My perspective: GW2 is more of a game I play casually when I have the time and nothing else I feel like doing. WoW is something I cling to because I enjoy the raiding experience quite a bit and the ocasional arena or world PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was both useful and informative.

Well for me at least

- Cosmetic armors
    - No Monthly Sub
    - PvP at any level
    - Being able to claim facilities in WvWvW for your guild
    - Joining Multiple Guilds, especially if you love to PvE and PvP
    - PvE is more about you playing well than relying on everyone else to.

Dislikes:
    - Leveling seemed very drawn out
    - Amount of work needed to level professions
    - Lack of abilities. Sure with weapon swapping you get a fair amount, but it just isn't the same! Also missed not having random buttons that did basically nothing (like priest glyph for confessions or things like farsight).
    - All PvP other than WvWvW. Just didn't really do it for me

Overall it's a pretty solid game and it's easily worth trying out since you can pick it up and play it casually whenever you want.

Deleted
    Played it for 3 hours. Still dunno how can people stay interested in it, besides the fact that it doesn't have a sub.

maybe people enjoy different things?

Deleted
    Even though I like GW2 concept, I can't level past the first zone. When I hit 15 I always make a new character. The lack of roles is quite irritating, I don't know what crafts I have to do or what level of craft is good for me. It's all just so overwhelming that I rather give up then continue playing it.

Another thing that I found quite irritating is the guild part. There is no information ingame about how you can join a guild or what it does. The only thing that the guild panel says is "Create guild" or something. I joined a guild after 4 months of playing on and off. There is a lot of stuff you can achieve with your guild I think but I don't really understand a thing about it. Something with ranks you can earn or something?
    It's all so confusing. The only thing that is rather clear is the PvP part, and I guess it's the most important part of the game so that's good, even though why do we have to lvl when we can get to 80 everytime we do pvp. It's like if WoW boosted you to the appropriate lvl whenever you enter a dungeon or raid.

Anyway, like I said, I'm still a low level so all these things might be very clear for a level 80. I just always give up because it sounds too much to know about a game I might or might not enjoy at end level (where you have to spend most of the time). That being said, I think you should try it. It looks awesome. The character controls are very nice and smooth. The questing is fun.

Oh, one more point. 'Till lvl 15 you earn a new spell almost every level but after that, you probably have the hang of the combat with your current weapon and leveling seems to be a lot more repetitive.
    Last edited by mmoc07b172f625; 2013-10-21 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    I love to Raid, it is the single reason I play (even though I only raid 2 nights a week).

These leaves me 2 options Rift or WoW, I really did not like the way Rift "felt".

I have tried every single MMO to come out since WoW.

One day I might learn....

So in short what do you want out of the game?

Everything has its place imo

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I love to Raid, it is the single reason I play (even though I only raid 2 nights a week).

These leaves me 2 options Rift or WoW, I really did not like the way Rift "felt".

I have tried every single MMO to come out since WoW.

One day I might learn....

So in short what do you want out of the game?

Everything has its place imo
    You should consider swtor as well. People say it's bad but I honestly don't see anything worse than rift or wow.

I REALLY enjoyed GW2. Until I hit max level. It was a very fun ride to 80, but there's no end game other than the dungeons and it was the worst thing ever trying to do a second playthrough. I don't really like any of the updates they do every 2 weeks, so I just stopped playing.

I've been playing WoW 10 years nearly, raiding is still very fun. Leveling isn't as nearly as fun as GW2 was (or vanilla was, for that matter). It's just too quick and not immersive at all. However, the overall storyline of the game (outside the new questing) is quite amazing and making alts is no problem at all.

So, if you want a short game for an interesting story, play GW2. If you want something you can have fun for a long time in, play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is good fun. But don't expect anything after you hit max level. There is zero endgame. Gw2 is about levelling not endgame. It is alot of fun and you will get your money out of it. Just don't expect longevity out of it.
    Aye mate

I played wow for years until I got sick of the loot treadmill. So I tried GW2 and I was well entertained for some time.

Unfortunatly the combat system makes interesting PVE pretty much non existent. If boss targets me --> run else autoattack and throw some absurdly ineffective long cd spells in between. So endgame got boring for me pretty fast. I never was into PVP that much.

But leveling 2 toons to map completness was worth the money, so I dont regret giving it a shot although I havent logged in for quite some time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, nothing comes even close to WoW still after all these years. Especially the end-game, where typically people consider that to be the "true" game.

GW2 had fun combat while leveling, but after you're done leveling and do some of the WvW, play their craptastic pvp maps, it gets boring really quick. It's worth the money, but it's a game you play for 2-3 months. Which is still better than 95% of all the games out there.

Rift leveling is fun as well with all the events, and rifts, but unlike GW2 is does have end game dungeons and raids. The thing is, they are not even close to WoW. The "difficult" raiding i'd say is between LFR and normal. Kind of like WoW's flex raiding now. Boss mechanics are rather dull and quickly become tank and spanks. Combat, movement, casting, etc is rather below average as well.

Swtor has extremely fun leveling and questing, but everything else is utter garbage. Once you hit max level it's just cringe worthy.

Right now, WoW has it all and then some. I wouldn't be surprised if you come back after a short break. The current games just don't stack up to it.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

We don't allow game vs. game threads here, so I'm closing it down. There is a lot of information on Guild Wars 2 in the sub-forum we have on this very site, so try checking that out and see if it appeals to you!