Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i miss the old talents i think its quite obvious the current talents are much better and make more sense, and with reforging i cant imagine all the damn theory crafting with the old hardly worth anything talents
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

My ideas to change WoW are too drastic, and people raised on WoW would think I am crazy.

But get rid of Heroic and LFR and Flex. Keep Normal.

Raiding progression should be ZONE based, not version based. Have 5+ raid zones at any given time of a "patch" The top notch guilds will be raiding a different zone because they are more advanced (e.g. naxx 3.0, or BWL early on)

Back in Everquest 1, we had about 20+ raids we could go on at ANY given time. There wasnt 1 set of armor we went after, there were hundreds of pieces.

Thats what I want in a game. But this is WoW so thats wishful thinking.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

LFR gone please and thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Please do elaborate. LFR had killed the chance of groups going back into the 5.0/5.1 raids for alt runs like they had before.

You could maybe get 495 ilvl from crafted pieces and some non-Shadopan rep. Just barely enough to meet the normal entrance requirement,at the start of the tier. Keep in mind for a while you wouldn't see many haunting spirits up because guilds were progressing an not DEing much, and then the ilvl gate to he into pugs would naturally rise.

Without LFR people would still run HoF and ToES during 5.2 like they have every other patch we haven't had catchup heroics.
    In 5.2, if you were intending to run normals, chances are you were ready to try that out by the time you had the ilvl necessary to be doing ToT LFR. It's tough for a lot of people to comprehend, but in reality, starting into normals isn't that difficult and doesn't require as high an ilvl as people try to claim. If you can do LFR at your ilvl, you're good to try normals with an organized group. If you're wiping on the early bosses (especially), it's less because of your gear and more because of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    My ideas to change WoW are too drastic, and people raised on WoW would think I am crazy.

But get rid of Heroic and LFR and Flex. Keep Normal.

Raiding progression should be ZONE based, not version based. Have 5+ raid zones at any given time of a "patch" The top notch guilds will be raiding a different zone because they are more advanced (e.g. naxx 3.0, or BWL early on)

Back in Everquest 1, we had about 20+ raids we could go on at ANY given time. There wasnt 1 set of armor we went after, there were hundreds of pieces.

Thats what I want in a game. But this is WoW so thats wishful thinking.
    I'd like heroic to be done more like they did in Ulduar, with slowly adjusting difficulties

Tier is a hard thing to do, but dragging out dungeons to much more of the initial progression would be a start. Smashing through 3 in an hour is not good progression.

I knew this thread would be lfr war before I even clicked it

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    In 5.2, if you were intending to run normals, chances are you were ready to try that out by the time you had the ilvl necessary to be doing ToT LFR. It's tough for a lot of people to comprehend, but in reality, starting into normals isn't that difficult and doesn't require as high an ilvl as people try to claim. If you can do LFR at your ilvl, you're good to try normals with an organized group. If you're wiping on the early bosses (especially), it's less because of your gear and more because of the group.
    Have fun doing ToT normal at 480 ilvl then. Even the theoretical dps for that is going to seriously struggle. Normally you would keep running tier 14 at that level, but since LFR is there good luck finding an alt run or a guild of people choosing to not do LFR at all.

I wouldn't really want anything removed next expansion. I don't believe in removing content simply because some people might not like it.
    However, changing a feature/content or fixing it is a different story.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I knew this thread would be lfr war before I even clicked it
    First, somebody was actually trying I say LFR>Flex because...group forming time(?)

Second, we are also talking about talents.

Ignoring LFR because I'm sick to death of arguing about it, I would love to see the Connected Realms covering all realms instead of just lower pop ones. Something like all Oceanic servers of the same type mixed, with 3-4 US Realms mixed into one as well. Same deal with EU servers with languages and timezones together.

On top of that Professions overhaul to make them more beneficial all around, but specifically for lower levels, as they are now they're just small stat increases with the occasional useful crafted piece for one or two classes.

I would removed CRZ, with Connected Realms fully implemented they would be kinda useless, not to mention buggy as shit with it's phasing. I can no longer count the amount of times my lowbies have missed a rare spawn because it's magically in another realm than I am on one hand.

I'd like to go back to having more talents, so that we get a point every few levels, or even every level.

It has nothing to do with "choice," but everything to do with the fact that I actually find I really miss putting talents into my tree or /learning/ my abilities as I level alts. There's no good, solid "reward" feeling when you level up now, and I don't like it.

They should make it so you get really minor talent points, and then choose the BIG ones like we do now. And then we can reset individual big talents with Tomes to swap on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Mate, the thread is based on opinions and those are my opinions. If you find that the game is perfect in it's current form, power to you.
    Well I'm telling you that your "opinions" are very flawed. Especially the "opinions" about the talent system that have been repeated infinitely ever since the change to them was announced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have fun doing ToT normal at 480 ilvl then. Even the theoretical dps for that is going to seriously struggle. Normally you would keep running tier 14 at that level, but since LFR is there good luck finding an alt run or a guild of people choosing to not do LFR at all.
    It's possible, 'theoretical' DPS be damned (given, after all, that ilvl is an average, you have just as much gear above that level as you do below, and chances are it's trinkets).

And that's not forcing you into LFR to gear. That's the players deciding to force themselves into LFR to gear. There's a key difference there. It is still possible to be gearing, as a group, without ever going into LFR.

That would be a fair argue men if they didn't cram LFR into the gearing path. GL gearing up in 5.2 without it. It is a bit better now but still ridiculous. There is no reason for there to be any incentive for actual raiders to be in LFR.
    So let's add five mans that make the last tier completely irrelevant? That was exactly what the old five man system did. It was stupid when Bliz had it that way and it would be stupid for Bliz to go back to that. Guess what? Not every flippin alt you have needs to be raid ready. If you feel that every alt you have needs to be raid ready- that is on you. It's called lack of self control and lack of common sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I'd give shamans back cleansing totem and I'd also give them a way to get out of stuns.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-10-22 at 04:08 AM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'd like to go back to having more talents, so that we get a point every few levels, or even every level.

It has nothing to do with "choice," but everything to do with the fact that I actually find I really miss putting talents into my tree or /learning/ my abilities as I level alts. There's no good, solid "reward" feeling when you level up now, and I don't like it.

They should make it so you get really minor talent points, and then choose the BIG ones like we do now. And then we can reset individual big talents with Tomes to swap on the fly.
    Maybe more passive gains as we level. It could help add SOME balance to lower content

I think a talent tree with the points filling it up exactly 100% would be nice. Lets you get that sense of growing in strength and skill,while no real min/maxing PvE vs PvP specs. Then take the current talents and find ways to implement them as prime glyphs, 6 prime glyph slots, denoted by color, with the talents being colored glyphs. Not made by inscription oats of course, obtained maybe by quests of just trained. Thus we can have the trees for leveling, but still choice of skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    So let's add five mans that make the last tier completely irrelevant? That was exactly what the old five man system did. It was stupid when Bliz had it that way and it would be stupid for Bliz to go back to that. Guess what? Not every flippin alt you have needs to be raid ready. If you feel that every alt you have needs to be raid ready- that is on you. It's called lack of self control and lack of common sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I'd give shamans back cleansing totem and I'd also give them a way to get out of stuns.

I don't want catchups every single patch. But LFR has done that every single raid. Expecting players to do one tier before the current is not a heavy request. 2 yes, but having people do the original pandaria and 5.1 content BEFORE ToT would not have been a bad thing for alts or regular players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    It's possible, 'theoretical' DPS be damned (given, after all, that ilvl is an average, you have just as much gear above that level as you do below, and chances are it's trinkets).

And that's not forcing you into LFR to gear. That's the players deciding to force themselves into LFR to gear. There's a key difference there. It is still possible to be gearing, as a group, without ever going into LFR.
    You aren't getting more than 2 bosses AT ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM down in ToT with 480 ilvl. Horridon even unlikely, especially prenerf
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-10-22 at 04:11 AM.

Maybe more passive gains as we level. It could help add SOME balance to lower content

I think a talent tree with the points filling it up exactly 100% would be nice. Lets you get that sense of growing in strength and skill,while no real min/maxing PvE vs PvP specs. Then take the current talents and find ways to implement them as prime glyphs, 6 prime glyph slots, denoted by color, with the talents being colored glyphs. Not made by inscription oats of course, obtained maybe by quests of just trained. Thus we can have the trees for leveling, but still choice of skills.
    See, I don't know about /passive/ gains. I don't like how we just passively learn abilities while we level now, and they just go on our bar. I like physically having to do something to get my new power-up.
    I don't think getting abilities out in the world is a bad thing. I don't think we need to go back to the days of trainers.
    I do think we need to go back to players doing something tangible to "receive" their reward when they level, though. For me, it just feels better. It's a psychological thing.
    Like, I literally don't care if I only have one option of where to put my point. If I can click and see it lock in, and I have to actually do the thing, that feels really good, and that's what I miss.
    Hell, they could even set it up so that you have 15 minor talent points between each MAJOR talent, and only 15 options of where to put them. So, you end up with exactly the same thing as everyone else in the end(except for your choice out of the three major talents each major tier), but you get to choose the order you get it in.

Removed? Nothing.

Changed? A laundry list

Here's one that doesn't get talked about much, if at all: First aid, for classes that don't have an inherent heal spell (ie, warriors, hunters, etc) should be able to talent or glyph for bandage channeling to not break on dots, or reduce the cd between bandage applications.

Curse yes blessing no. They have pushed it into part of the gearing path, pushed normal mode raiders towards it, contribute massively to item level bloat, literally let you afk to tier and trinkets, and compared to flex offers only an advantage to those who are bad at the game.
    Sadly the above attitude toward LFR seems to be held much more often by those who feel they're "above" doing it (just a perception, mind you) and not by the players who are called "bads" by said players. Get enough faux elitists into an LFR and suddenly it becomes a wipe-fest due to too many people going afk because they feel they can just walk away and collect their loot after everyone else has done the work for them.

Nothing else to really add to the discussion, in that regard, because almost nothing Blizzard could do with the code will give people who have that mindset enough motivation to bother to try even half as hard as the "bads" they so often berate.

15+ Year Old Account
    You aren't getting more than 2 bosses AT ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM down in ToT with 480 ilvl. Horridon even unlikely, especially prenerf
    Yes, but you get a handful of pieces for people, find out you can't progress, and then go back to doing the old content with the group to gear up a bit more. Now, if the group decides as whole to do LFR to help their main progression? How is that being forced upon them? And even then, if you're in a 25 man group, wouldn't you be running LFR with that 25-man group to see some of the mechanics in action, even if they are dumbed down, and practice them?

Here's my modifications on the OPs suggestions

LFR-
    Core game goes free to play
    LFR and dungeon finder become premium content for those who still want to sub.
    wowbucks created and used as a way for players to exchange gold for wowbucks with other players and use that to buy subs or cash shop items.
    dwarf beards made 50% more burly, all other beards made 200% more burly.
    dungeons made unique and explorable as opposed to tunnel runs.

talent trees-
    talent trees brought back. Let the new system do the job of gemming and reforging as well as letting people focus on a niche or adapt a unique rotation or one easier for them to manage.

dungeon difficulty-
    have one difficulty but modify rewards based on the success of the group and the individual players ability to respond well to mechanics. Constant updates to this system to adapt to any unique player strategies.

unique classes-
    introduce ascendant class variants that give up multispecs and some utility abilties to have a more focused skill set. This would allow players to show a dedication to a role, and choose to be more specialized. An ascendant class should be more challenging to play, but more rewarding as well.
    Last edited by hrugner; 2013-10-22 at 04:47 AM.