Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Well I'm telling you that your "opinions" are very flawed. Especially the "opinions" about the talent system that have been repeated infinitely ever since the change to them was announced.
    Thank you for your valued critique of my opinion. I will however maintain that that I am entitled to my opinion, no matter how flawed it may seem to you.

Also, LFR and talents have been debated since these things came into being because they are controversial. On the basis of the sub numbers through MoP and cata one can theorise that these changes (and others) have not gone down too well. Blizzard's biggest problem since cataclysm has always been their inability to say "sorry we messed up, we're removing this", and instead blaming the flaws on the playerbase.
    Last edited by igame; 2013-10-22 at 04:48 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like talent trees that don't lock you into one specialization

Remove reforging: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...65124494184450

Slim down number of spells

Remove queueing from anywhere, make queues tied to an npc like the Battlemasters and LFG channel worldwide. Dungeon/Raidmasters?

Not much else afaik I'd want removed, would like lot more added though. Don't remove LFR, just disincentive it so more are drawn to flex/etc.

Deleted
    I'm happy with lfr on my alts, cant's be bothered with organizing schedules for raid on every toon.

Wishful thinking on my part, but some type of difficult end game content other than raiding. As a "casual" who is skilled enough to do semi-hardcore raiding but doesn't, I feel a little underwhelmed by my other pve options (i.e. LFR). With that being said, I realize that WoW's endgame is focused around raiding and me choosing not to is more of a my problem than a their problem.

Vehicle gameplay.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe put back some of the things people miss... the things that just sucked the flavor out of classes or whatnot when removed. Not that it exactly affects me, but still saddens me to hear it's gone. (i.e. Leveling lock picking... I'm sure there are probably plenty that don't miss it because it was somehow a nuisance, but 5 points per level was not a big deal, it was a class flavor thing. Those special hidden boxes no one else could do anything with and just left to wonder about as new players.)

Deleted
    Old talent trees. btw wotlk had 15 active talents + passive, Mop got only 16 active talends after 2 expansions from WOTLK so yes new talents are horrible.
    Remove LFR, flex.
    Let normals with flex size.

(1) I'd like to see the low level RNG elements back.
    It's good to have no RNG in games like chess, where you can't determine the opponent's strategy just by looking at him in the beginning of the game. But in a game like WoW where this is the reality, having no RNG has turned it into "push these buttons in this order" type of game. With RNG, you are at least challenged in how skilled you are at adapting as a player or as a group, which makes the game feel more dynamic and fun.

(2) AI and creatures
    There should be some focus put to creatures and their AI. It can be anything simple, like Warriors type creatures trying to slam you when you're stunned. Anything more complex is always more welcome. This would make it interesting just to roam around the world and attempt to kill different sets of creature packs. Generally, the combat game should feel more challenging and dynamic and you should feel like you're actually in combat with somewhat threatening things, rather than moving target dummies.

(3) Redesign the Holy Trinity
    Instead of Tank, DPS and Heal go with Pressure, Control and Burst and have the Tank, DPS and Heal be the expression of that. This way you can package classes to be percentages of these values and you can design better game mechanics than "threat". Also, it would be a good way of balancing 3v3 with solid set of rules of how a composition must be formed. And there's already a great stat to support this kind of design (Mastery).

(4) Redesign the whole crafting system and how it affects the world
    I always hated playing in groups. But the BOP design forces me into one. I bet there are plenty of people who feel the same way, and wish that they could have means to trade with raiders or contribute to the community while enjoying the comfort of being an outsider. This way you can also tailor raiding to be actually fun for people who want to raid without having to water it down for players like me who do it just for the items. Generally, the game should offer a bit more diverse set of experiences (It's a MMORPG FFS) than the raid-or-die mentality it's designed with right now.

Deleted
    CRZ and merged servers, if i want to play on high activity realms then i will roll a character on one.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    On the basis of the sub numbers through MoP and cata one can theorise that these changes (and others) have not gone down too well.
    Subs went up above 10 mil again during MoP.

Subs going up = "changes have not gone too well" ?

If you insist.

Deleted
    LFR, always said it was bad for the game, and it has been. I told myself I'd never do a LFR ever again, but I thought I'd join one yesterday, and the amount of disgusting things I read in chat was mind-blowing, the amount of vulgarity and abuse. Very toxic part of the community I don't ever want to get involved with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    I would like talent trees that don't lock you into one specialization

Remove reforging: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...65124494184450
    Please no >_> Current system makes all most of the gear having some use. Reforge-less system makes more loot going to de because it has not desided/wasted stats (like hit/expertise overcap).

As for LFR - I don't do it but I don't want game being done around elite that can raid. Queuing system has many flaws but also give non-raiders content to do. Which is a very positive thing. Nothing is more depressing in mmo when people quit playing because of lack of content to do.

As for talent trees - I agree, I much more prefered the Wotlk ones/Cata ones.

Deleted
    Flex is also very easy though, it just requires a little bit of thinking and a little bit of effort to get started. It's a much better experience than LFR, from what I've found anyways.

i want massport back

Remove LFR, rethink the talent trees, bring back HARD dungeons (cata release style, I loved those)

Deleted
    Remove Lfr, make better talent trees, less cc in pvp and make normal mode scale with players.

Make CRZ optional, I don't care about anything else, making CRZ obligatory is the stupidest thing ever, at least for a mount camper like me.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Remove LFR, rethink the talent trees, bring back HARD dungeons (cata release style, I loved those)
    Sadly, we won't get hard dungeons again, Wrath changed the standard and people couldn't handle the change of difficulty once Cata released. I loved them personally, great mechanics, great difficulty, but because of Wrath neither mechanics or fun matters in dungeons anymore, unless you do challenge mode of course.

Deleted
    CRZ expanded to include more servers in each group to make the world really populated

change valor and justice back to how it was in Cata, justice buy previous tier gear, valor to buy current ilvl gear. the valor/justice in MoP is totally useless and gives no reason to do heroic dungeons at 90.

i want how healers are viewed in pvp changed, healers should not be god mode in pvp.

don't think there is anything i want removed though.

What ever they do, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT make normal raids flexible. A raid group who spends weeks (or even months) progressing through normal would want to go to heroic progression with each other as well, however if normals were flexible then people would get the boot once the group hits heroic progression then you'll soon hear crys to turn heroic to be flexible as well.

If anything, remove LFR and keep flex or just leave it as it is right now.

flex was a much better design idea than LFR. I think the game would benefit from removing LFR and improving on flex.