Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo Tank Immerseus 10 HC - Possible?

Hi all,

I have an unfortunate situation this week as one of our MT's can't make the raid and it is the first week of HC progress, with our first stop being Immerseus (10man). As a DK tank (i550 current) I have been solo tanking this since the first week with just my own CD's, but obviously HC mode is a step up so I am seeking some advice as to how feasible the community thinks this is.

So the first real difference I can see is the NM Blast hits for 600k and HC 900k, so what I want to know is how many blasts there usually is before he Splits as this is really going to suck the longer he is up before Split. I've checked out a few vids and its looking like 2 maybe 3 max, so with a combination of my own CD's and healer CD's on me I can survive these no problem (or so i think).

Second main difference is the adds and this will probs decide if its doable or not imo, but I can grab as many adds as poss whilst tanking esp with MD and tricks, so does it matter if they go pound on the DPS much and do knockbacks/aoe stuns work?

I have a guild of capable raiders who know their stuff, but I am really unsure of how problematic the adds are going to be.

Let me know what you think.

I have a guild of capable raiders who know their stuff,

then im sure someone has tanking offspec. just let someone else tank. Will save you alot of time and trouble. and no i dont think its solotankable. atleast not in 550.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    then im sure someone has tanking offspec. just let someone else tank. Will save you alot of time and trouble. and no i dont think its solotankable. atleast not in 550.
    Why bother replying with something like this, if i had this option I would obviously choose it...

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Why bother replying with something like this, if i had this option I would obviously choose it...

fine. you want to have it straight forward

YOU CANNOT SOLO TANK IMMERSUS HC IN ILVL 550! EITHER GRAB ANOTHER TANK OR DONT RAID THIS WEEK

also i REALLY doubt that none out of your raiders have a tanking offspec / an alt who can soak the debuff for a kill.

just sayin

fine. you want to have it straight forward

YOU CANNOT SOLO TANK IMMERSUS HC IN ILVL 550! EITHER GRAB ANOTHER TANK OR DONT RAID THIS WEEK

also i REALLY doubt that none out of your raiders have a tanking offspec / an alt who can soak the debuff for a kill.

just sayin
    Wat?
    That boss can definitely be solo tanked as long as you have the tank cloak provided you kill it before the 3rd breath each time.

Deleted
    if your dps doesnt suck, yeah, you can solotank him., actually you can solotank him even if your dps sucks, just have your rogue/dpswarrior/retpaladin/druid taunt the boss on 1 breath with cd's if dps is crap

You MIGHT be able to solo tank it fully depending on how great your raid DPS is.

At the very most, you can take 2 Corrosive Blast hits before you melt, I have been able to take 2 of them on 25m Heroic, but barely lived.

Even then, your raid dps will have to bring the boss down after every reform phase each time before that 3rd blast goes off. Obviously after the 2nd reform phase this should be no issue, but the first 2 will be tricky. You would also need to be using AMS for sure on the 2nd blast and maybe look into taking AMZ over Purgatory as well.

You MIGHT be able to also Glyph Icebound and have it back again before the next time you took that 2nd blast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Wat?
    That boss can definitely be solo tanked as long as you have the tank cloak provided you kill it before the 3rd breath each time.
    ive had tries where the cloak didnt proc of the blast. if its a bug or intended i do not know. but something aint right with it.

I'm happy with CD's for the blast, it is just more of the adds issue. Can you stun them, knockback etc? Do they even need to be tanked?

I am confident in the DPS/Heals I have available to burn the adds quick, but as I haven't actually done the fight I was hoping for some added information on this.

@Kittycovox - no I have no one else, we are a 10man guild/group of friends who have been raiding 2 days a week for years with limited game time due to families/work etc. Don't make out everyone has time to level and gear alts. Thanks

@Kittycovox - no I have no one else, we are a 10man guild/group of friends who have been raiding 2 days a week for years with limited game time due to families/work etc. Don't make out everyone has time to level and gear alts. Thanks
    so you got no dps warr with prot os and a blue shield/1h to soak a blast

or a dps dk going blood with dps gear to soak 1?

or a feral who goes guardian to soak 1

or a dps monk to soak one as BrM.

or any kind of alt with ilvl 500 or higher?

yeah i never stated that they should have full BiS exactly. common sense now mate. use it

so you got no dps warr with prot os and a blue shield/1h to soak a blast

or a dps dk going blood with dps gear to soak 1?

or a feral who goes guardian to soak 1

or a dps monk to soak one as BrM.

or any kind of alt with ilvl 500 or higher?

yeah i never stated that they should have full BiS exactly. common sense now mate. use it
    No I have none of the above, please stop trolling. Thanks.

The cloak's maximum absorb is equal to your Max HP. If you have full health at 1 million HP and you take a 1.5 million hit, the cloak will proc and you will be left with 500k HP.

On Immerseus, the 3rd breath in a row that you take will hit you for something ridiculous like 6.3 million, so you'll just go splat even with the cloak proc most of the time.

Guys I am happy with the breaths, I just would like a bit more info on the adds; "Can you stun them, knockback etc? Do they even need to be" tanked?

I would think that this would be doable with monk tank atleast

Guys I am happy with the breaths, I just would like a bit more info on the adds; "Can you stun them, knockback etc? Do they even need to be" tanked?
    They are stunnable and knockbackable, they should be tanked. Easy to get aggro though as a DK. They deal shadow damage on attacks so Blood Shield will not help you.

Why do you think someone trolls you? Perfect timing&rogue or purgatory dk could work for you to absorb one.
    You came here with really trolling issue"we are doing heroics, serious business! But not having any tanks, offspecs, or people with taunt, help me DK thread!" And all the options for solo tanking were mentioned. If you are still unhappy, move to Raids topic branch and state your problem there, mentioning your raid comp. find a pug, at last, Immerseus is not too tricky to study as a tank.
    And yes, requires tanking in 25. And there are too much of them to CC. And most likely should be tankable in 10. And no, still not enough CCs in 10 to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    Why do you think someone trolls you? Perfect timing&rogue or purgatory dk could work for you to absorb one.
    You came here with really trolling issue"we are doing heroics, serious business! But not having any tanks, offspecs, or people with taunt, help me DK thread!" And all the options for solo tanking were mentioned. If you are still unhappy, move to Raids topic branch and state your problem there, mentioning your raid comp. find a pug, at last, Immerseus is not too tricky to study as a tank.
    And yes, requires tanking in 25. And there are too much of them to CC. And most likely should be tankable in 10. And no, still not enough CCs in 10 to make it.
    Is someone states that there's no possible offtank, listing all combinations of possible offtanks isn't logical.

Deleted
    ive had tries where the cloak didnt proc of the blast. if its a bug or intended i do not know. but something aint right with it.
    It doesnt proc from damage that exceeds your maximum life. 3rd breath on immerseus deals around 4-5 million damage if not even more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Is someone states that there's no possible offtank, listing all combinations of possible offtanks isn't logical.
    If they don't want all possible options listed for them, they shouldn't ask a forum for help. The guy was giving him options, which maybe the OP hadn't thought of yet, so it's a good suggestion.

He comes here asking for help, then telling everyone their help is wrong and that he knows better. He shouldn't ask for help then.

Anyway, OT:

Yes, it is possible. However:

-You need very good raid dps
    -You need a fuckload of CC's

Considering you said it's absolutely completely impossible for anyone to offtank a single hit or tank the adds (you sohuld really post a raid comp... im 99% sure you're overlooking things unless your entire raidgroup are clothies), it means you're going to have to let them roam all over and have pure dps deal with them. CC them, kite them, aoe them, etc. While doing this, you also need to make sure he goes down before the third breath, without raiders killing themselves on the debuffs.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2013-10-23 at 08:43 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not really the attitude to take on a forum when asking for helpful suggestions.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"