Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Having troubles with frost

I just switched to frost from arcane. my char is Luggels on Kil'jaedan. I have the warforged Tenderheart chest in my bag but it breaks my two set. wondering if should or not! any help would be appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

and also these Montaks Grips from thok

2 set is very good for frost, dont break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    2 set is very good for frost, dont break it.
    ^^^

You want to use your brain freeze proc then your ice lance if you have them for some awesome crits on your Ice lance. If you dont then use your BF proc then frostbolt. Frost Two set is nice.

alright. i was just making sure. I have the chest just sitting there and didnt want to waste it

- - - Updated - - -

i was reading Arkaens guide and it got me thinking

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 2pc is too important. I have no plans to wear more though. I have 3 Heroic WF'd items in the other slots

good deal! akraen could you look at my char and see what u think on gemming?

I've ran into a bit of a problem. I do only full Flex and LFR runs so many bosses/adds in SoO die or switch phases too fast for Fire to shine. I've seen Frost mages with worse gear outdps me on many bosses due to good aoe and no ramp-up burst. I have a crit and mastery heavy 552 gear, 3 set, flex BBOY. Tried going Arcane with full mastery (got 19k+ with Mage Armor), did consistently high dps, but not sure if I like the playstyle. I can't play with Ice Floes, that's for sure.

Is there any point going Frost in crit/mastery gear?
    Last edited by Nightfall; 2013-10-22 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    I've ran into a bit of a problem. I do only full Flex and LFR runs so many bosses/adds in SoO die or switch phases too fast for Fire to shine. I've seen Frost mages with worse gear outdps me on many bosses due to good aoe and no ramp-up burst. I have a crit and mastery heavy 552 gear, 3 set, flex BBOY. Tried going Arcane with full mastery (got 19k+ with Mage Armor), did consistently high dps, but not sure if I like the playstyle. I can't play with Ice Floes, that's for sure.

Is there any point going Frost in crit/mastery gear?
    It's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. You'll gain a lot of haste just through gems. Frost is so flexible nowadays. Even the crit isn't the end of the world

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luggels View Post
    good deal! akraen could you look at my char and see what u think on gemming?
    Intellect to bracers is far superior to mastery.

Other than that you're perfect. I'd trade half my ilvls to get that PBoI, though. We still haven't seen one drop from Immerseus. I hate trinkets. Like, I went the entirety of ToT without a BotH dropping, so why am I cursed in this raid too?

It's my birthday today so hopefully tonight one drops, #birthdaywish

Deleted
    Im having the same problems.

I think i am running with too much haste, what would you guys suggest just reforging out of it or just gemming int mastery and pure mastery?

I think i will just sick with 2 set for frost.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ralinde/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't "too much haste"

Your armory tells me you are set up just fine. Can you link some parses then I can help you further?

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    It's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. You'll gain a lot of haste just through gems. Frost is so flexible nowadays. Even the crit isn't the end of the world
    Just tried Frost in the first LFR wing. Managed to reach 9522 haste for LB breakpoint. Damn the spec is crazy fun! =) The damage is good too. No ramp-up target switching with front-loaded damage is awesome!

Is SPA 530 trinket better for Frost than 510 Animus one to couple with BBOY?

It's my birthday today so hopefully tonight one drops, #birthdaywish
    Happy B-day! Wish you luck on that trinket! =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with SPA, honestly.

Frost is fun. If you like a hyper paced twitch play try haste stacking. Difficult to keep up with a LB/mastery play style but it is exhilarating and makes movement a joke.

I'm sitting at nearly 19k haste now and pretty soon will be over 20k. So trust me, there is no such thing as too much haste.

Deleted
    I can link last nights raid, im using both NT and LB fight dependant, but im not pulling what i should be at all.

I see alot more frost mages mastery stacking, and im on the fence as to what one is best.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ldgqscfq0hijvgin/
    Last edited by mmoc6231306cf1; 2013-10-22 at 01:58 PM.

Go with SPA, honestly.

Frost is fun. If you like a hyper paced twitch play try haste stacking. Difficult to keep up with a LB/mastery play style but it is exhilarating and makes movement a joke.

I'm sitting at nearly 19k haste now and pretty soon will be over 20k. So trust me, there is no such thing as too much haste.
    Jesus o_O that is a lot of haste Akraen

Deleted
    It also seems the more haste i stack the worse i appear on sim dps...
    Last edited by mmoc6231306cf1; 2013-10-22 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerspells View Post
    I can link last nights raid, im using both NT and LB fight dependant, but im not pulling what i should be at all.

I see alot more frost mages mastery stacking, and im on the fence as to what one is best.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ldgqscfq0hijvgin/
    There isn't really a best. There are multiple ways to get the same results. You have to go with what you perform best as.

Thok is a good fight for me to analyze how you play. LB uptime is not the best, do you track that? In a haste build bomb uptime and snapshot matters significantly more because haste is boosting bombs whereas mastery boosts nukes.

You wasted several brain freeze procs whilst using LB, that is a lot of free damage. When you stack haste you need to react quickly to minimize waste.

You had 40 ice lances hit, not crit. You had 32 FOF procs. This is a major, and I mean major problem. You basically wasted 80 gcds because you are spamming ice lance. You do understand that icicles fire off automatically, right?

Wow, yeah that is absolutely a bigger problem than haste or mastery stacking could ever be.

Deleted
    First of all Thank you very much Akraen in taking your time to view the log, and thank you for your feedback.

I know there is a major problem in the way im tracking certain things.

I don't currently use anything except mage nuggets to track anything, what do you suggest would be more beneficial?

I know i am ever so slightly under hit cap which i can address easily. However im thinking maybe a mastery build may be more suited to the way i play, if i am missing certain things.

One thing is i let LB just get to 1 before refreshing, i read somewhere that now you can refresh before it drops off and will still explode?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can say with certainty you will do better with mastery, but once you are seeking a challenge try out haste again.

But no matter what, don't cast ice lance unless you have FoF. Our that rare situation where you are moving, have nothing else to do and can't blink our BS to your destination.

That is your biggest problem and probably cost you 50k dps on that thok kill.

I recommend magebombtracker and tellmewhen to watch everything. Easy to set up and super effective addons. Weak auras is great too.

Deleted
    Thanks magebomb tracker is helping already. So its best to cast LB again about 1 second, or can i refresh like NT whenever?

Thanks for looking me over! that trinket was off a coin

- - - Updated - - -

i was also wondering about haste vs mastery. with my gear. i pull between 190 to 210 based on my current Ilvl