Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    50k is not enough. I demand the sacrifice of one of your characters that reached the max level in addition. And it should also delete 15 days from your monthly sub... fuck that, 20 days...29 days! Plus it should charge your CC about 100 - 500$ and also take your first-born too.

Yea lets make the flying harder to get, that'll make people wanna stay..
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Never said it was hard. Your argument is what exactly?
    Saying it became easier implies it was hard before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Here is a better idea to the people who bitch and moan to all the flying.... Summon that ground mount and ride around to your hearts content. Bring back that nolstigia. If thats really what you are after. I like my flying. I like it cheap and thats the way it will stay.
    I like riding actually. On my alts I've never bought flying in Pandaria. Always riding, and feeling cool. But I am not the one for moaning about easy flying. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Paying to show your new mount to your friends :P
    Point. Maybe it could be free within the confines of major cities, but when you fly out of the zone it charges? =P

They should just make it impossible to fly in certain zones. That would be much more interesting.
    That would make those zones very PvP-prone dangerous zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Just out of curiosity (personally I wouldn't use flying if this happened) but what if they removed the ability to dismount players from flying mounts in the next expansion, but made some kind of system where the act of mounting up (specifically for flying mounts in the new zones) deducted say, 1-5 gold from your bags? Based on the average player's gold- something nominal but not like silver or copper.

That way people could still fly if they want, but they'd be encouraged not to, while the option to skip content remains for a relatively low price, but one you wouldn't want to repeat too often without a fair amount of gold. It'd also encourage the use of flying to be for longer trips than mount-move-100-yards-dismount-pick-herb-or-mine-mount-move-100-yards etc.
    introducing hay-bales!

each hay bale costs 10g from a vendor, it has 5 charges and for every 10000yards you fly/gallop you must "feed" your mount in order to keep it strong and healthy - failure to feed your mount results in a gradual lack of flying speed, eventually leading to the loss of flying ability, ground mount fatigue which reduces travel speed dramatically and eventually death from starvation.

your mounts will also start to lose their minds when malnourished and will disobey your commands, flying/running in the wrong direction and randomly dismounting you.
    <insert witty signature here>

Flying is just convenience.... don't make it in anything more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying and to buy your first mount
    If that was true, thank god they got rid of such a STUPID FUCKING SYSTEM.

Thankfully, it wasn't true, and you didn't have to farm for months to learn flying or buy your first mount. And I theorize that only a dunce would want it to go back that way if it WERE true.

Deleted
    terrible, and stupid idea.
    50k a toon ? that would cost me nearly 3/4 of a million in gold to get all my toons flight ready, whilst gold farming is relatively easy, it would take far too long to farm that kind of money.

The should either come right out and state that flying is unavailable for the entire xpac (and watch subs drop considerably) or they should have flying from the start for alts (akin to what they had in WOTLK). I would much prefer that flying is available from the start of the expansionfor all and none of this "we want you to see what we have made / we want you to explore" Bull shit, but I doubt we will see that, I will see it all over the course of the expansion, and I will explore more with a flyer than I ever will with ground mount.

However I would like to see a PVP objective zone like halaa which has no flying enforced, but places like the various isles you should have the choice of being able to fly or not.

Now as for those who want world PVP, or are on PVP servers, I know that none flying or forcing people not to fly through various means is a major concern, and I am not sympathetic to your wants either and have a possible solution.
    People who are PVP flagged on a PVE server, or on a PVP server and are flying would be able to cast a "Charge and Dismount" ability against players who are flagged PVP or on a PVP server, Similar to the Charge ability of the Tournament in WOTLK. This would have a high chance of dismounting the target and having the pair of you parachute to the ground and blocking all mounts from being used until the combat is over, either via a kill of either player or you loose sight of the player and they get out of range of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it.

Discuss this idea.

I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    So..basicly your telling people:"NOPE your not allowed to do anything, because I say flying should cost"
    also mate, the avrage player as far as I know, has roughly 20k max, that's a person who basicly logs on, does a few dailys, maybe raids, buy's his/her own flasks, food etc, uses own repairs for there raids etc.

you sir have a very wierd sense of MMO.

I got maybe 50k over my entire account i play World of Warcraft basicly every day atm, beccause I don't have a job etc.

1. I don't like grinding to get some damn gold, I got enough to sustain my self
    2. I honestly feel your idea is a bit skewed, honestly.
    3. well as I said before my idea of a Average player is between 20-30k.
    4. There is thoes who just started with MoP for example,, i doubt very much they have 50k laying around..and I asked my guild members who actully was max level in TBC, it was the same thing there as it's now, a bit longer perhaps but still it didn't really take them that much time, most of them said 2-4 weeks, MAX.

First, farming for fast flying back in BC was not such Grand Grind as you describe it. Farming for netherdrake was, though, but it was optional. Basically, you could fast fly in a month after level capping, without heavy mat grinding/selling/Ah playing/etc.

Second, what you propose is absolute nonsence. People have already invested lots of gold into flying, and nobody will like such a change, turning it into a grand whinefest, which won't be good for sub numbers and game health in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    No I don't remember that I had 1000 gold when I hit 70 and got a flyer.

50k flying? That better be account wide 500k for 10 toons to fly yea no.
    Sorry for misunderstanding. I meant the 280% mount, which was really time consuming to get.

Sorry, but MOP is enough for me: I'm not going to buy something, I already earned, again and again - I just won't buy next xpack, if I won't be able to fly there since start.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

This is one of those ideas the OP should write on a piece of paper. After writing this idea the OP should ball up the piece of paper and throw it in the waste bin.

should be expensive? should be removed

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Saying it became easier implies it was hard before.
    I never said it was hard. I didn't imply shit.

Gold inflation happened though. Meaning getting it is easier as time goes on.

You just cant take back things that people already take for granted w/o major uproar. And its just flying, there should be other goals to give you some sense of fulfilment.

Taking something that has been ranging from moderately easy to quite easy across the last 4 expansions, and sticking it behind a artificial arbitrary grind-wall isn't going to give you the sense of achievement you seem to think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Taking something that has been ranging from moderately easy to quite easy across the last 4 expansions, and sticking it behind a artificial arbitrary grind-wall isn't going to give you the sense of achievement you seem to think it will.
    Nope in hindsight it will be remembered as a bad idea.