Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Koor, in theory, it all sounds reasonable and nice. Raw data from testing, though, doesn't support it. Mastery just does way less than crit in +% healing department. Especially when running with an absorb-heavy healer roster (which a 10m group with a disc priest definitely counts as).

Deleted
    Especially because when someone is going low you probably just use a healing cooldown and get them up in a couple of seconds, making mastery irrelevant.
    I don't think mastery is a bad stat, it is just weaker than crit

If we look at a the numbers for a 320 secondary stat gem, mastery gem will be converted to 1.6%, but crit only to about 0.53%. So for targets near 0% hp, mastery is about 3 times stronger than crit.

I agree that crit usually has higher healing, when averaged over the entire fight. This is because health bars are on average closer to full rather than closer to empty.

However I don't care that my average hps is lower due to the easy parts of the fight, I let the disc priest snipe them all. My point is that on the most important heals which can save lives, mastery is stronger than crit, and it is those heals I care about.

The %healing when comparing mastery vs crit doesn't account for the regen of resurgence procs which is more mana which ultimately leads to more healing as well. Resurgence makes crit more valuable than just straight heal size.

Also if you are gearing for saving someone that is almost dead, likely due to their own lack of awareness you are doing it wrong IMO.