Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You'd end up with about 50 people on the whole server.

Don't mistake the vocal fools on this site as actually knowing what the WoW playerbase wants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    You forget, there is a pvp and pve option already on server option lists. That makes no sense.
    Yeah, but playing on a pve realm doesn't make you unable to queue for bgs.

I suspected push back but I think you could all come to the realization that this would be beneficial, and you would not have to deal with us so-called elitist assholes. This would work, it would work very well. I do not see downsides, please state any concerns besides just ignore LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Same instances. 5 mans re-tuned and LFR gone.

- - - Updated - - -

You forget, there is a pvp and pve option already on server option lists. That makes no sense.
    In reverse order:
    There may be pvp servers but i can still do Battlegrounds and Arena on my RP server. This needs to be removed. If you says i could simply not queue for them, you're being incredibly hypocritical.

If the instances are retuned, then the instances arent the same. They are new instances of the same content.

It would barely be beneficial because people wouldn't flock there, they would stay on their current server and maybe have one alt on it to try it out, find out its more hassle than its worth and go back to their normal servers. You dont only have to think of downsides from a player perspective, but also downsides from a developer perspective:
    Really Low Odds of Working since it requires people entirely moving to different servers to remove content choices from themselves (and mainly their alts). You want a new server type that's unfriendly to alts, but alts is going to be the major part of your server considering people's mains are going to stay on their respective servers.
    Cost of Development is also another one, you cant just add it and forget it, you have to support it, you have to fix whatever bug comes out of having retuned numbers or having removed features. You have to code an entirely new matchmaking system JUST for that one server, which will result in long queue times.
    There's most likely even more but i cant think about it right now.

All of that because you personally dont want to run LFR, which you dont have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Because lfr breeds lazy people who feel self entitled to everything, to the majority of the lfr crowd they just want to see the content. They clear it in a couple hours week one an they are bored with the game then complain how boring the game is now and that they have nothing to do. Then unsubscribe, and some come back next tier to clear lfr again and start the vicious cycle over again.
    The reason the old style had the subs is because they constantly had a goal to achieve, and had to play the game longer In order to finish the raiding tier.

I want hard 5mans because I enjoy them more then running forward only casting spinning crane kick from boss to boss, and I can't alway have 10 players on to raid, if 5man were more of a challenge it would be a fun way to spend my time, and it also is a great teaching tool for crap players. inb4 qq about forced difficulty by forcing this difficulty it will increase the skill of the player base up even if by a very small margin making everyone's game play better.
    Because Heroic breeds elitist people who feel self entitled to everything, to the majority of the Heroic crowd they just want to feel special. They clear it in a couple hours week one an they are bored with the game then complain how boring the game is now and that they have nothing to do. Then unsubscribe, and some come back next tier to clear Heroics again and start the vicious cycle over again.
    The reason the old style had the subs is because they constantly had a goal to achieve, and had to play the game longer In order to finish the raiding tier.

Your rant about LFR can be applied to so called elitist players.

How about rather than your option, Blizzard offers a new server named after notable top (X) guilds of the expansion. These servers become invite only by members of the parent guild. If the guild fails to maintain it's top (X) ranking the server is renamed and populated by the players that took their place.

There is already competition for placement of guilds, this would stir the pot up even more and show a definite reward for effort.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    You couldn't have bumped the other two threads you made on this exact same topic?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ormal-Hardcore
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...no-LFR-servers
    As has already been stated, there would be no difference between this and just making Challenge Modes drop loot. CMs do look like it'll become part of the progression path next expansion from GC's comments thus far. While they're trying to bring servers together with Connected Realms, you're trying to segregate them due to OTHERS running LFR. Don't run it.

Edit: Fixed URLS

Maybe call it "Community" server type instead? That was it doesn't seem elitist. By community, it would of course remove LFR (which I love btw) and make heroics like challenge modes, and dare I saw remove LFG?? bumbumbummmm. Seriously though, it would be what those groups that desperately want the community part back in the game want. The days where you can be doomed if you screw someone over on your server.

I don't personally care, but it seemed to make sense to me.

This would be a shoot on the foot for blizzard.

Everyone would transfer to said server, because majority of players don't like playing on the "easy" server.
    There is a cultural and social inpact on something like that.

Everyone would make fun of people playing on "easy" servers, socially forcing people into the hard one.

This would be like changing this for everyone, just worse, because it would break the community, and cause mass quits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alltrueist View Post
    "It wouldn't hurt you so why the concern?" Doesn't this same argument apply to just keeping LFR in the game?
    It effects everyone, very few players have the mentality to properly raid anymore because of lfr. The facts are in the numbers and in simple in game interaction over the years. I'm quite a social person on any server I've played on and have made friends at all levels of progression and it's pretty easy to see the way views have changed in the more event years since lfr has popped up.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Deleted
    I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario. If you want LFR, that would be great, have it. If you definitely want it gone, great, that server option would be for me and you. It totally takes away the sandpaper from both groups.
    There are NOWHERE NEAR enough of you people to justify this sort of development work.

Enjoying irrelevance much?

There would be a lot of problems with this. You're making the mistake of assuming that players desires don't change. A lot of people who were once elite players who wanted the super hard content no longer do, or have gone back and forth usually due to real life issues. Or they decide that they now want to play with RL friends etc. Removing the play style options from the servers completely would make it so they can't change, or would need to pay money to change servers. That is just silly when the new server option doesn't solve any problems other than some weird perception issue with a extremely small amount of the player base.

Most elite players understand that RF means nothing to them, good or bad. They ignore that it exists, problem solved. They don't need a new server with the RF option removed to tell them that. The dungeon difficulty is an interesting topic though. The major reason for things like RF and 5 mans not being super difficult is because they need them to be easy enough for players, elite or non, to effectively complete them in a reasonable amount of time. 5 mans aren't progression, they are simply for fun, story, practice, and some gearing up. There are challenge modes that solve the problem of not only initial difficulty, but also the overgearing problem as well already on live servers. They give a pretty good amount of valor and just not gear. They are great for the ego factor though so I'm not sure why those wouldn't be chosen as the 5 man of choice for elite players anyhow. Just simply having harder 5 mans on a server still wouldn't fix the overgearing problem anyhow and you also don't even need the gear from them if you are an elite player.

All in all the problems you are trying to fix with the new server aren't even problems to begin with, and it would just bring a ton of more problems along with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Because Heroic breeds elitist people who feel self entitled to everything, to the majority of the Heroic crowd they just want to feel special. They clear it in a couple hours week one an they are bored with the game then complain how boring the game is now and that they have nothing to do. Then unsubscribe, and some come back next tier to clear Heroics again and start the vicious cycle over again.

Your rant about LFR can be applied to so called elitist players.
    I'd love for you to find me a heroic guild that has cleared all heroic content week one.

Hint: there isn't any.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    It effects everyone, very few players have the mentality to properly raid anymore because of lfr. The facts are in the numbers and in simple in game interaction over the years. I'm quite a social person on any server I've played on and have made friends at all levels of progression and it's pretty easy to see the way views have changed in the more event years since lfr has popped up.
    You are making a generalization about LFR, how about this thought process, the mentality of TBC's raiders have changed, graduated college, moved on with their life's as they aged. No longer have the drive or time to still raid at that level and be a professional, or mom or dad or w/e it is they moved on too. Their ar e a myriad of reasons why todays raider doesnt fit into your mentality but to generalize and blame LFR is not looking at the big picture of a 10 year old game who as much as I love it plain and simply isnt attracting a new generation of player.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Then you need Enhanced PVP, Enhanced RP, Enhanced RP-PVP.

You're wanting to segregate the already thinning population of a large number of servers to much.

If people don't want to do LFR they don't do it, simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand why the LFR haters need the feature to be removed.

Just don't run LFR and, poof, it's gone (for you). Problem solved.

I don't like PvP, should I demand they remove it from the game?
    Of course you should! You should create thread after thread saying how much you hate PvP and how it's bad for the game!

Ahem, on a serious note, yeah let's make "Hardcorez" servers where all the cool kids and uber-skilled can hang out and prove how much better they are at the game then the rest of those filthy casuals. How DARE they try to play easy content for enjoyment and fun.

1) No LFR, that is gone. Flex could remain and would garner same gear levels as the old LFR.

2) Re-tune 5 man heroic dungeons to be harder as in Cata opening day difficulty.
    1) Don't do LFR.
    2) Do Challenge Modes.

/thread

Because lfr breeds lazy people who feel self entitled to everything, to the majority of the lfr crowd they just want to see the content. They clear it in a couple hours week one an they are bored with the game then complain how boring the game is now and that they have nothing to do. Then unsubscribe, and some come back next tier to clear lfr again and start the vicious cycle over again.

I want hard 5mans because I enjoy them more then running forward only casting spinning crane kick from boss to boss, and I can't alway have 10 players on to raid, if 5man were more of a challenge it would be a fun way to spend my time, and it also is a great teaching tool for crap players. inb4 qq about forced difficulty by forcing this difficulty it will increase the skill of the player base up even if by a very small margin making everyone's game play better.
    Haha....no. Try putting a crappy high school football player in an NFL game and see what happens. If they are still alive they will just never play the game again.

But then there will be no noobs for you to show your epix off to

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for you to find me a heroic guild that has cleared all heroic content week one.

Hint: there isn't any.
    Semantics my friend, I could say the same thing about your post.

^Just use bartender and disable the bar with the dungeon finder button.

And then if somebody mentions LFR in the chat pretend it stands for Leaving For Retirement.