Poll: How will updated character models impact you?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Will it change the game at all? No, so it has no affect on me at all. I personally feel it is a waste of dev time to bother with model updates at all in a 10 yer old game

Maybe it wont affect YOUR game, but it sure as heck will affect mine. Not everyone playsthis game just to mash buttons and raid all day. Some people roleplay, or care about the game's art and like customization. Why do you think transmog exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to them. Seeing one of the Vanilla Eight in MoP zones and gear can get a bit jarring, ditto but less so for the blood elves and draenei, because of the texture resolutions and poly count/skeleton fluidity in the models. As a roleplayer, I spend a lot of time interacting with the various ingame races, which means a lot of time having my immersion interrupted now and then when I see a low-res orc head poking out of a suit of high-res Golden King armor. It's not as immediately visible with worgen and goblins, but worgen in general are in need of a rework, especially the horrific, customization-starved, poorly-tested, buggy mess that is the worgen female model (which also ties into another issue--going from a high-res worgen model to a low-res human model can be bit jarring when you use Two Forms).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Just curious: how do you feel they messed up worgen and pandaren?
    Female pandaren have the exact same face with marking patterns to differentiate them, which is the laziest job they've done barring the female worgen (who, as noted above, are a buggy mess in addition to having clone-stamped faces, rabid eyes and half-shut eyelashes, and a physically-impossible-to-achieve snarl-slash-kittysmile thing going on).

edit: Even male pandaren and worgen have textures on their face options to suggest wrinkles, scars, fur fluffiness/shagginess, age lines, and the like. Female worgen and pandaren get none of those.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    unless they remove the orc hunch not rly. if they do I'll racechange a bunch of characters and change the gender of my warlock cuz right now the only thing that keeps me from playing a male orc is that ugly hunch..
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-10-25 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Why do you think transmog exists?
    Because whiny people who care more about looks than quality of game play need something to do when not sitting at the inn in Goldshire trying to cyber everything that moves? Transmog is also a huge waste of time and not used by me. Also what does raiding have to do with game play over unneeded appearance stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    gear does not cover your whole character,
    at least not your Armorkini'd Blood Elf Paladiness

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Don't really care. My camera is never close enough to know what the model looks like anyway.

I think the new models will make me a better person

10+ Year Old Account
    Because whiny people who care more about looks than quality of game play need something to do when not sitting at the inn in Goldshire trying to cyber everything that moves? Transmog is also a huge waste of time and not used by me. Also what does raiding have to do with game play over unneeded appearance stuff?
    what you derive pleasure from need not dictate what another derives pleasure from.
    Aesthetics are not a waste of time for those who enjoy them, not any more than this entire game is one great big waste of all our time.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Too few polygons! Too few polygons! Hands and feet are far too large!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly care. I play the game for the gameplay, not the graphics.

New models is not a top priority for me. It'll be cool when it's done, but I think the novelty of it will wear off quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    I'll just be excited depending on how cool they look.. as someone who's been playing since Vanilla I'm pretty excited for new models. I just hope they arent ugly.. but even if they were ugly.. not gonna quit over it.
    Yup.

Because I do more dps when I dual wield double Dragonstrikes than if I dual wield double Mushroom Tip Hammers? Quality of the game has something to do with how it looks too. If you don't care about appearance in a game where theres a huge department devoted to art in both gear and instance design, go play increasingly difficult levels of Tetris, it'll provide you with more variety and gameplay value since all you care about are numbers on the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would increase my enjoyment of the game.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, do shut up. Do you know how much of a miserable arse you sound like? "I don't use something so nobody else should! Grr! Get off my lawn!"

On topic:

As someone who loves transmog runs, making RP sets and generally loves making nice looking transmog sets this is an important change for me. I've never seen the point in having a character that you spend ages developing and progressing only to completely ignore their appearance. Fair play to you if you somehow are that cold and indifferent to a massive part of MMO's while playing an MMO but yeah...

New character models will change things up more than people know!
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Won't impact me in the slightest, personally. Though I can understand why some people want them.

I just can't wait for the inevitable QQ about how they look "wrong".

I agree here, while I am looking forward too it, I too and waiting for the inevitable QQ that will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I really dont care about the new models , as im playing a Pandaren monk . they wont get any model upgrade anyways soo :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Its about time for new models, but people will complain no matter what. I just hope the new models aren't the main selling point for the next xpac.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly i do not care how the new dwarf will look like even if they don't catch the "essence" people talk about i wont mind AS LONG AS THEY FIX the weird boot models that dwarfs get. i just don't get it humans look great with say hellfronzen bonegrinders but when i look at my dwarf with them its like i am wearing some cardboard made boots with 2 half buckets glued to my knee :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it.
    It'd likely reinvigorate my passion for the game.