Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It was most likely the point where you stopped having fun..

Deleted
    If you want rift or gw2 then go play those games. Gear is an important part of wow and the more you play your character the stronger it becomes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Around t11

When you yourself make it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    It was most likely the point where you stopped having fun..
    Beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Is having a second job fun to you all? Or even a third or a 4th job? Not that I'm sure you can even maintain a raid spot with that many jobs...

I remember in late BC, even all throughout icc and early cataclysm, raiding was fun. You weren't required to play 2-3 different specs based on what your guild needed. You were required to play the role & spec you signed up for, it was your choice to play something different and if it was a different role you communicated with different members of that role & leadership to see if it fit. If it didn't fit, you let them know you didn't want to be apart of that situation anymore because you didn't want to play that role anymore.

Some frowned on you, some didn't care, some were happy you were taking your own venture (not likely, but happens...). Now if you play the game the way you want, and not how someone else wants, you were destroyed verbally and most likely ended up on a few peoples ignore lists and quite possibly witch hunted.

Is this what this game is coming to? Is this what you want your 15$ a month to go to, is another job?
    I find it amusing you're using "you" in your post, instead of first person singular.

As I told people when I was leading raids, I don't care if we fail, I care if we continue to fail for the same lazy reasons. If you are going to dedicate 2-3 hours a night to something, you should have the decency and respect for the other 9/24 people in your group to put forth some effort. It's not a job it's a game. Just like any other sport/game that involves a team, ever player needs to pull their weight
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That reason, though is... bullshit.

I run in an openraid flex. Min ilevel is 515, many of us have way more than that, some closer to 520. Last night we cleared from Galakras through Thok in 2:45. We wiped once on Naz (1%... cry) and once on Spoils. One shot everything else. You DO NOT need 540 gear min to do well in flex. A few nights ago 18 of us from that group did the first wing in 45 mins. So, in a bit under 4 hours we've cleared the first 3 wings of SoO Flex. Could a bunch of 550 heroic raiders clear it faster? Yes, a bit, but that supports OP's point - after all, the difference between 3 hours and 4 isn't really meaningful. Or rather, if it is, you're making Flex a job, not a few hours of gaming fun.
    Galakras to Thok in 2:45 is absolutely brutal. You spent almost 3 hours doing half a flex SoO. That's insane.

went from raiding 25 hours a week in BC to raiding 6hrs a week in SWTOR.
    Raiding has always seemed like a job until recently but I've mostly managed to enjoy myself.
    The main exceptions to this is when i've been in an officer/RL position and then playing becomes a total chore.

Asto Ilvl, theres always going to be a filtering process.There was in Vanilla and it will continue on till the end of the world (of warcraft)

You weren't required to play 2-3 different specs based on what your guild needed. You were required to play the role & spec you signed up for, it was your choice to play something different and if it was a different role you communicated with different members of that role & leadership to see if it fit. If it didn't fit, you let them know you didn't want to be apart of that situation anymore because you didn't want to play that role anymore.
    What exactly is that about ? I mean what part about that did change again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Are you implying that a job is bad?
    A job that costs you money? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Galakras to Thok in 2:45 is absolutely brutal. You spent almost 3 hours doing half a flex SoO. That's insane.
    Why? It's, what, 7 or 8 bosses in an evening. The point of raiding isn't always to race, race, race. We had fun, joked around, and killed a bunch of bosses with no drama and very few issues. A few of us got some gear and we all felt good about the run. Could we be up all stick up the ass "540 or GTFO!? Sure, and that would save a little time and we'd be whiny asshats who value speed over fun.

If your point is that we were slow by some jerkwad heroic raider standards, yeah, so? You're just proving the OP's point - that a lot of people keep forgetting this is a GAME. The point isn't to do it as a chore, as fast as possible. It's to have FUN.

That whooshing sound? That was OP's point flying right over your head.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-10-26 at 04:32 AM.

Never. You're clearly just raiding with the wrong people.

This may be slightly cliche' but raiding becomes like a second job the moment you let it become a second job. I raid pretty extensively in addition to working, and i do all of this on a backup computer that gets terrible frames (because my main rig has mobo issues). I put up with all of this because i find it fun.

The moment you start treating raiding like a job is the exact same time you need to start considering a shift in focus. If its becoming like work, then why would you even partake anymore?
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

When you stopped having fun.

People always try to rain on others parade because they fell out of love with WoW. Many of us still enjoy it and are still feeling what you felt when you thought "omfg fuck leaving my computer I just want to slay Dragons all night!?!?!#@#!#@!#!@"
    Hi Sephurik

I remember in late BC, even all throughout icc and early cataclysm, raiding was fun. You weren't required to play 2-3 different specs based on what your guild needed.
    If you remember in BC, many (most?) classes only had one viable raiding spec. So if you weren't that spec, you didn't raid. If your guild didn't need that role, you were out of luck.

And as far as being a job... you're saying its worse.... nowadays ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    If you remember in BC, many (most?) classes only had one viable raiding spec. So if you weren't that spec, you didn't raid. If your guild didn't need that role, you were out of luck.

And as far as being a job... you're saying its worse.... nowadays ?
    I raided as both boomkin and spriest during tbc, both was considered by some to be unviable specs at the time.

And oh yes I actually enjoyed farming fire, nature & frost res gear, aswell as tank gear for my mage (main during vanilla/early tbc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    This may be slightly cliche' but raiding becomes like a second job the moment you let it become a second job. I raid pretty extensively in addition to working, and i do all of this on a backup computer that gets terrible frames (because my main rig has mobo issues). I put up with all of this because i find it fun.

The moment you start treating raiding like a job is the exact same time you need to start considering a shift in focus. If its becoming like work, then why would you even partake anymore?
    Which is why I decided to raid Flex. Had a good guild group at the end of T14 but people left, drifted, etc and it became both frustrating to raid with people who weren't experienced or simply weren't good and to continually recruit on a lower pop server for a raid that couldn't show great progress because we'd had churn. Quit raiding in 5.3, started doing Flex in 5.4 and it's been fun. Honestly, I think a good flex group is the solution for people who want to raid, have some challenge and sense of progress but who don't want to have the overhead of normal or heroic raiding (the knowledge that missing a night can screw up the raid, etc). We had someone who had to step out last night for 20 mins to pickup a friend from work. No issue... the raid scaled down and we went on. He comes back, the raid scales up a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding is fun af. Job wut
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

It is far easier now to play the class and spec you want then it was before. If you think BC was more flexible and required less out of raid play time to raid then you were either in a super casual raid and had zero responsibility or you have a shoddy memory.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    So fun = wiping on shit-ass easy bosses and job = killing the same bosses on the hardest difficulty in less time than the guys having "FUN"?

U wot m8