10+ Year Old Account

Put your tinfoil hat on ladies and gents....

Ok so im at Shrine and I see a few NPC's play what appears to be Hearthstone.

**Puts on tinfoil hat**

Im betting that the next xpac will have a feature or subscription that will allow you to play HEARTHSTONE in WoW while you wait for a queue or whatever, just as we do Pet Battles right now... What do you guys think?????

http://i.imgur.com/yL8cRAN.jpg = reference pic

I think there was a mention of them possibly trying for this a while back, but no guarantees one way or another.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

I never take my tinfoil hat off(That's how they find you), but Blizzard has said that it will be kept separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz have stated on various occasions that there are NO plans to integrate Hearthstone into WoW at this time. They might do it at some point in the future, but it won't be for next expansion.

Blizzard said they considered it, but it was cut early in the design phase.

This makes me miss playing Peggle in WoW while waiting for our guild raid to form in Wrath. :/

LOL I remember the Peggle addon, I too miss playing against my guildies while waiting for the raid to fill.

I can already run WoW and Hearthstone at the same time, why would I need a special feature to do it while in WoW?

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given they have an in-game browser for the help stuff, wouldn't be too surprising if they tie it in formally using the tables.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Given they have an in-game browser for the help stuff, wouldn't be too surprising if they tie it in formally using the tables.
    If Hearthstone was a Browser based Cardgame app, you might have something. Since it is not however, you have nothing. Nice try tho.

Does make me wonder though: what broswer functionality DOES the ingame "help" browser actually have? Wonder if it would be possible to hyjack the ui-infrastructure for it to actually browse non-WoW related web content in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    If Hearthstone was a Browser based Cardgame app, you might have something. Since it is not however, you have nothing. Nice try tho.

Does make me wonder though: what broswer functionality DOES the ingame "help" browser actually have? Wonder if it would be possible to hyjack the ui-infrastructure for it to actually browse non-WoW related web content in game?
    I'm almost 100% certain that the ingame browser will be all sorts of cracked by exploiters, but I have the feeling that modifying the browser will be frowned upon just as severely as any other exploits involving third party software.

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    I'm almost 100% certain that the ingame browser will be all sorts of cracked by exploiters, but I have the feeling that modifying the browser will be frowned upon just as severely as any other exploits involving third party software.
    Im a bit confused as to how you would exploit using the ingame browser. I mean, it's a web broswer. Unless they seriously screwed something up with the way it is coded, you wont be able to do anything with it tha you couldnt do by just running a dual monitor pc, alt-tabbing to windows, or just running WoW in windowed mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Im a bit confused as to how you would exploit using the ingame browser. I mean, it's a web broswer. Unless they seriously screwed something up with the way it is coded, you wont be able to do anything with it tha you couldnt do by just running a dual monitor pc, alt-tabbing to windows, or just running WoW in windowed mode.
    New delivery vector, since you're already inside the Warden software and loading into the game, perhaps?

15+ Year Old Account
    What happens when your queue pops in the middle of a game?
    You make me smile with my heart.

I could see them doing it somehow, but only making it where you still had to buy Hearthstone in order to make that an option in-game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyoung638 View Post
    I could see them doing it somehow, but only making it where you still had to buy Hearthstone in order to make that an option in-game.
    Hearthstone is free-to-play, requiring no buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Hearthstone is free-to-play, requiring no buy in.
    Oh? Thanks for that info then, that's nice to know.