Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why is everyone trying to remove convenience?

Not bad idea other than the flying mount stuff. Seriously what is with the hate for flying mounts? It's not magically better if you have to run places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Because its an attempt to cripple the game, once you add conveience you can't remove it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Essentially you alienated 90%

Enjoy your F2P game
    Sounds like an improvement to me. Haven't seen a reason to pay for WoW in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Not bad idea other than the flying mount stuff. Seriously what is with the hate for flying mounts? It's not magically better if you have to run places.
    Because World PvP has been dead for years ever since Vanilla when Instance PvP was added, people continue to cling on to the idea that Flying Mounts killed World PvP, but it was instanced . Yet PvP is so unbalanced no one really wants to engage into World PvP as it is never fair & it better off to just do PvP in Arenas or BGs. Since PvE have a higher iLevel than PvPers in MoP they all complain that World PvP should be about PvPers having an advantage over everyone, but World PvP is never fair & it is just survivial of the fittest & if you challenge someone & they get rocked they cry & whine.

Apprently ganking someone is considered World PvP, even if you are the same level & have a huge advantage over someone than camping until they give up.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-28 at 02:35 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Because they (and the developers I might add) have this perverse idea that goes somethign along the lines of the addition of convenience is actually the removal of challenge or gameplay. Now it's fucking STUPID as shit but these people believe if you don't have flying and have to walk every where that will make for far more interesting game play. Unfortunately what they fail to realize is that not only do you and I know better it's also flat out fucking WRONG. The removal of HGWT didn't make the game more interesting or challenging, it made it slightly more annoying. Not having flying pre lvl 90 didn't make the game more challenging or interesting it made it more annoying. Removing convenience does not defacto make the game more interesting, quite the opposite I would argue. Peoples attentions will start to waver.

If you need evidence of this I suggest you read the developer tweets.

Too much convenience can lead to a removal of challenge, and too much challenge removal can lead to player boredom.
    They seem to have confused the removal of convenience features with challenge which is really just annoyance. Like they put the vendors for pvp gear on the other side of the fucking island in mists. it's the biggest put out and inconvenience they could think of short of making me walk. Well it was inconvenient. It didn't make it harder or more challenging, at most it was once again a slight annoyance. The developers have become increasingly conservative the past couple years. Not sure what's up but it's pretty regressive and not to my taste at any rate.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-10-28 at 02:32 AM.

God, I want to play your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Removing convenience does not defacto make the game more interesting, quite the opposite I would argue. Peoples attentions will start to waver.
    Depends on more factors to really get a definite answer. I honestly prefer the games without free unlimited movement in areas where in game entities don't register what you're doing.

But to be realistic... wow isn't designed for ground travel anymore after a certain point. I would have preferred flying mounts all be like the goblin glider, but with some sort of resource bar to allow for upward movement (with regen rates increasing based on your flight skill and stuff you can run into while in the air or something). The free endless hovering in spaces well beyond any threat really just killed it for me over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Like they put the vendors for pvp gear on the other side of the fucking island in mists.
    I know, right? Taking a taxi and afk'ing till you get there is brutal. Brutal, I tell you!

There's a reason they are where they are, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Flex Raids now work from between 7-40 players
    - Scenarios and 5 mans are rolled into Flex Dungeons 3-6 players
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

I know I know don't thank me all at once. I'm just trying to help.
    +10 for good ideas
    -9 for ego

Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

This actually doesn't sound too bad. The ability bloat problem would help address pvp, which currently is fucking horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    God, I want to play your game.
    This sums up my response
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I know, right? Taking a taxi and afk'ing till you get there is brutal. Brutal, I tell you!

There's a reason they are where they are, btw.
    To get you out into the world and not inside Org I imagine. Brilliant design as you point out. I still hardly give a fuck. I go from A to B and everything may as well be an NPC. At best nobody notices shit because they're just trying to get their pvp piece which they've finally won after many hard fought battles (or hell they just que by the vendor anyway). At worst you've slightly annoyed and put out. Nothing gained.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-10-28 at 03:57 AM.

He got the no pet spec for Hunter right though! Archer go

i would play your version of the game if its f2p.

Can we not title threads so resolutely that they attract more views than are even justified? You haven't "singlehandedly saved WoW" as clever as you think your ideas are, all of them could have been posted on one of the million other "how to fix WoW" threads out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Hello mr. bullshit, have a look at this chart:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...rs-by-quarter/

TBC ending with 11-11.5 mil subs. And great ol Wrath adding HUGE 0.5 mil at it's peak. So yeah people tend to forget peak of WoW was actually during TBC when game was continously gaining subs. Wrath ended this trend with stagnation.
    If sub number was highest in wrath, it means that it peaked in wrath not in tbc.

Also, World of Warcraft will be fine if the next expansions are on par with Mists of Pandaria gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I really like the first idea, though I don't necessarily agree with the rest. Putting a fatigue bar will pretty much solve all the current cons of using a flying mount. A better addition to your idea would be the higher up you are, the most fatigue you receive though also the faster you go. The lower you are, the slower you go but less fatigue is used up.
    I have always felt that this should be a thing. Also make it so over a certain height nodes cannot be seen anymore so people who are just trying to get placed can go faster.

I dont really care for any of your points honestly. I would suggest you rethink your "renaissance" because it doesnt look like any one else agrees with you.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

IMO the killer of WoW is the community. Stupid threads like these don't really help either.

Simply awful, aside from the ability to run flexible scenario/instances. The bs going around about flying mounts is dumb. Simply, if you don't like flying around then walk and leave everyone else alone. If you want WoW to be a "hardcore mmo" then make it hardcore yourself. Feel free to walk from Summer's Rest to the VP vendor, nothing's stopping you. The people who bitch about flying are the same people who bitch about LFR; shut up and go walk to your heroic mode raids (if you're even a heroic raider, probably not) so you can feel "hardcore". If you were really hardcore you'd do something like play Eve and never even bat an eye at WoW. Hardcore. Please.

Also, the quote about 90% of the population that played BC being gone - stats/proof or hyperbolic conjecture.