Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    We often talk about WoW at Blizzcon.
    This might be my new favorite GC tweet

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay.. more downscaling. It might be interesting for people that never did the old stuff when it was current...
    But like everything you have fond memories of, if you try to recreate the old times you will just end up disappointed.

Lets hope Blizzard has the brains to make that stuff optional, so I can ignore that feature in it's entirety, since I already find the gimping of my class in Proving grounds / Challenge modes super frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchdog View Post
    So, those Timewalker guys on the Timeless Isle could be a faction to do with this. Run old instances scaled down, gain rep, earn ... more transmog gear? I suppose this could also be the answer to 'Bring back level 60 Naxx'
    Lv.60 Naxxramas is nothing like the current Lv.80 Naxxramas and I'd be surprised if Blizzard managed to revert all the changes to make it as such (because instead of making a new set of mobs Blizzard changed the original mobs)

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yay.. more downscaling. It might be interesting for people that never did the old stuff when it was current...
    But like everything you have fond memories of, if you try to recreate the old times you will just end up disappointed.
    Maybe that will shut up all those "Vanilla was the best" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Dr. Whovian Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey expansion incoming. All Drak Below theories can go home now. Calling it.

Disclaimer: this post can't be used against the user in the likely event that it will not come true.
    Dr Who wasn't the first piece of fiction about time travel. It is just a bad children's show, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Timewalker was originally supposed to be the "big unannounced feature" in my opinion, but at some point after that beer league tweet they did a 180 and gave us Flex (another great feature).

Looking forward to Timewalker in the next expansion.
    Not to be the conspiracy theory guy, but this is totally what I thought as well. Either way, flex is awesome, this will be too as long as its optional, keep up the good work Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Maybe that will shut up all those "Vanilla was the best" people.
    Since most of those aren't even playing anymore....
    Fat chance.

Lightning’s Blade and Burning Blade?

Both horde 75%+ of pop realms, not a good fix imo.

Would be nice to see the down scaling take effect in leveling zones. Maybe they're using dungeons as testing grounds before rolling it out to the open world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Pretty sure the video linked earlier predated the forum thread you're talking about, but there was a comment literally weeks before this that mentioned something similar.

If he wanted to give accurate credits for this he'd have to list at least three different sources and tell a small story to explain them, so it probably wasn't worth the time.
    The video linked earlier originates from the thread, it is the OPs video: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...coming-feature

Given the mass of replies in that thread about the feature and not one of them (for as far as I'd read the thread when it appeared) stating that it had already been found, it seems quite likely this is the original finder, he explains how to repeat the process and then everyone else goes and tries it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSTyrant View Post
    OH look, a brand new idea by blizzard, Taken from someone else. No wonder they are losing so many subs.

You have never played a game with an original idea, unless you are older than I am, and I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Lets hope Blizzard has the brains to make that stuff optional, so I can ignore that feature in it's entirety, since I already find the gimping of my class in Proving grounds / Challenge modes super frustrating.
    I don't know, I did it all when it was current and I'd go back and redo it out of curiosity at first, I'd stick with it for achievements and boredom from current raiding.

It obviously won't be the same as the first time I did it, too many things have changed to make it feel like the first time. But if scaled CORRECTLY, it could be a fun time filler.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Timewalkers have something to do with it, eh?

My interest has been scaled up.

It's neat that a post about Blizzard stealing ideas from other games has a feature found by a user on this website stolen by the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Oh look, a brand new account created to badmouth Blizzard. How original.

Taking features that work from other games and adapting them to your own isn't something new. It's called having enough market awareness to know what their clients want or like.
    Then there are the things that customers have asked for that Blizzard had the "market awareness" to implement after several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually agree with the fact that horde dominate pvp most realms and alliance most pve realms. My first realm was a pvp realm and all my toons on that realm are horde but I am just to tired of dealing with open world pvp to play alliance on a pvp realm, sure I may do bgs but I will only play the horde that I have on the pvp realms they are on.

What would be interesting is if they have the math worked out on the scaling, that any gear you get in say Molten core, Black temple or Sunwell, scales back UP when you return to the current max level.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    What would be interesting is if they have the math worked out on the scaling, that any gear you get in say Molten core, Black temple or Sunwell, scales back UP when you return to the current max level.
    You see no problem with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I did it all when it was current and I'd go back and redo it out of curiosity at first, I'd stick with it for achievements and boredom from current raiding.
    Sorry, don't get people's obsession with retarded artificial point counters. Doing it for a nice mount or title, I can understand, but other than that Achievements are just meaningless.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Would be nice to see the down scaling take effect in leveling zones.
    As an option, to be able to tutor low level friends: yes.
    If it was forced like in Guild wars 2 I'd say: "Go to Hell! I play an RPG for a reason."

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    This would actually be a terrible idea.

Sure, it sounds fun at first. But then you realize that your BiS weapon drops off Deathwing and you need a trinket from the Black Temple and gloves from ICC and a helm off Onyxia, etc, and suddenly you "have" to run ten raids a week to gear up. (And if you don't you'll have That Guy whining that by not pugging into ten scaled raids a week you're being disrespectful to your raid group because you could theoretically be doing x% more damage with your BiS items....)

I think a better idea, if you want these scaled raids to drop current loot, is to make a pool of Timeless raid gear (not to be confused with Timeless Isle token epics) and assign each boss three or four slots; all gear is otherwise shared between any scaled boss. For example, if you're after a weapon you might know that all end bosses drop Timeless raid weapons, but it doesn't matter which raid you do because they all drop weapons drawn from the same pool. The item level would probably be best placed to about the same level as flex gear, but increase with each new tier (since you can't outgear the raids.) You get valor for boss kills and x personal loot rolls a week (one roll per unique boss per week) with the same 25% success rate (and failure protection?) as current tier coin rolls. (If you could roll on every boss, you would doubtlessly get people who feel like they have to run every raid in the game every week like they did with 5.0 dailies to keep up on gearing-- you can if you want to for fun, of course, but you'd stop getting drops before long.)

Of course, my concern here is that people would calculate the most efficient raid (TOC is my gut feeling) and ONLY run that for their scaled raid loot, which would sort of defeat the purpose of offering every raid in the game to the players...
    Last edited by Dawnshadow; 2013-10-28 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Flex, not timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    This would actually be a terrible idea.

Sure, it sounds fun at first. But then you realize that your BiS weapon drops off Deathwing and you need a trinket from the Black Temple and gloves from ICC and a helm off Onyxia, etc, and suddenly you "have" to run ten raids a week to gear up. (And if you don't you'll have That Guy whining that by not pugging into ten scaled raids a week you're being disrespectful to your raid group because you could theoretically be doing x% more damage with your BiS items....)

I think a better idea, if you want these scaled raids to drop current loot, is to make a pool of Timeless raid gear (not to be confused with Timeless Isle token epics) and assign each boss three or four slots; all gear is otherwise shared between any scaled boss. For example, if you're after a weapon you might know that all end bosses drop Timeless raid weapons, but it doesn't matter which raid you do because they all drop weapons drawn from the same pool. The item level would probably be best placed to about the same level as flex gear, but increase with each new tier (since you can't outgear the raids.) You get valor for boss kills and x personal loot rolls a week (one roll per unique boss per week) with the same 25% success rate (and failure protection?) as current tier coin rolls. (If you could roll on every boss, you would doubtlessly get people who feel like they have to run every raid in the game every week like they did with 5.0 dailies to keep up on gearing-- you can if you want to for fun, of course, but you'd stop getting drops before long.)

Of course, my concern here is that people would calculate the most efficient raid (TOC is my gut feeling) and ONLY run that for their scaled raid loot, which would sort of defeat the purpose of offering every raid in the game to the players...
    Instead, have scaled raids drop "Burdens of Eternity" and Timeless random loot tokens. With the right combination of random stats, that gear can be very powerful. But your chances of getting it are low.

This means it's worthwhile to run scaled dungeons for empty slots, but "Named Gear" from current teir raids are still BiS. Also makes easier scaled raids good for alts, since you don't often aim for BiS, just Good Enough or even Something At All. It also means ALL old raid bosses can draw from a single pool and you can have a mixed-level raid group.