Deleted

Shadow priset solo Deathbringer Saurfang

Need assistance how to solo Deathbringer Saurfang. Im a shadow priest ilvl 499. the first four bosses were really easy but I cant down Saurfang. when he calls his minions Im running away from them killing them from distance, I cant even get him to half health is he impossible to solo as a priest ?

More gear as danshot said, I went from not being able to pass it back in 5.1 with 480 ilevel to now having 450 ilevel and soloing the entire instance, the stat scaling just goes out of control. Not as a priest but it would be easy.

If you can't do it as shadow you could always try speccing disc. I was able to do it early in MoP this way (he doesn't heal as much if he can't hit you through your bubbles) It takes a little longer ofc, but might be worth a shot. Otherwise yea... more gear.

it will be hard but you can do it with more gear!!

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    More gear as danshot said, I went from not being able to pass it back in 5.1 with 480 ilevel to now having 450 ilevel and soloing the entire instance, the stat scaling just goes out of control. Not as a priest but it would be easy.
    I think you mean 550.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't tried it as disc, I would definitely try it as disc (with mindbender).

I think that by and large disc is the better priest soloing spec for old encounters, except if you absolutely positively must have an interrupt, or you really need the high DPS and can avoid a lot of damage by kiting or whatever. Self buffed without anything special you will get 25-35k at ilevel 500 as disc, with huge self-heals obviously.

Also, the Terracotta Warrior trinket will give you a fairly sturdy 10 minute tank every 60 minutes. There is also the Ambershaper Rod if you need a CC.

Finally, it's pretty easy to queue as heals and get yourself some more gear, quick. 520 would not be hard to get to from 500 if you have your Burden piece from Timeless Island, and a handful of 528 drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated previously, it tends to be much easier to solo most fights as Disc. First, most old content does NOT have hard enrage timers compared to dps-output- with the nerfs, 50k dps is enough to solo 90% of pre-MoP fights. (Easily doable as disc). In addition to that, most old content DOES hit hard enough that the self-healing as shadow begins to lag behind- if you are needing to flash heal every 3 globals, you might as well go Disc.

In addition, Disc can not only put out bigger shields more often (Inner FOcus, Spirit Shield, ect), but the big shields can help negate a large number of mechanics (Saurfang's self healing, LK Infest, ect) much better then Shadow's weak healing abilities.

Finally, Disc's ability to damage multiple target's isn't THAT bad compared to shadows- Disc still has SW:P and Mind Sear, and both are only 20% or so weaker then Shadow's version.

In addition, Disc can adjust themselves a bit if they are having troubles with damage-Reflective Shield will cause 70% of PW:Shields absorbtion to be dealt to the target (Considering that you can get 200k+ shields, thats quite a bit for 1 global), and Smite will increase the damage dealt by smite by ~15% overall (20% when the Holy Fire/Solace debuff is on the target), which can be decent for short-term burst periods that are found often during older content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

How are people soloing gunship? I can burst the mage down really quickly as a fire mage, but my ship dies a lot faster than the other one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As stated previously, it tends to be much easier to solo most fights as Disc. First, most old content does NOT have hard enrage timers compared to dps-output- with the nerfs, 50k dps is enough to solo 90% of pre-MoP fights. (Easily doable as disc). In addition to that, most old content DOES hit hard enough that the self-healing as shadow begins to lag behind- if you are needing to flash heal every 3 globals, you might as well go Disc.

In addition, Disc can not only put out bigger shields more often (Inner FOcus, Spirit Shield, ect), but the big shields can help negate a large number of mechanics (Saurfang's self healing, LK Infest, ect) much better then Shadow's weak healing abilities.

Finally, Disc's ability to damage multiple target's isn't THAT bad compared to shadows- Disc still has SW:P and Mind Sear, and both are only 20% or so weaker then Shadow's version.

In addition, Disc can adjust themselves a bit if they are having troubles with damage-Reflective Shield will cause 70% of PW:Shields absorbtion to be dealt to the target (Considering that you can get 200k+ shields, thats quite a bit for 1 global), and Smite will increase the damage dealt by smite by ~15% overall (20% when the Holy Fire/Solace debuff is on the target), which can be decent for short-term burst periods that are found often during older content.
    The burst from Mindbender is pretty impressive, and you can ratchet it up a little by popping Power Infusion beforehand. You can also have the 'bender tank a little with Fade.

The total lack of an interrupt or anything that can create one is pretty annoying. It makes it (very) hard to solo monsters that have an ability that basically must be interrupted, like the Pandaren elites. But on the other hand vs a single target, if you don't have an interrupt problem, or a mechanic you need to cheese, a disc priest plays a lot like a blood DK of the same ilevel.